Quantcast
Genesis Sedan New windsheild - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Genesis Sedan New windsheild

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Default Genesis Sedan New windsheild

I have a 2015 genesis sedan and have the fortune of driving on the deerfoot and finding a large object from the other side of the road with my front glass.

Now i need a complete new piece of glass. the fun part is my car has heated wipers, rain sensing, heads up display, acoustic glass.

Any suggestions on where to begin my search?

Thanks

My Ride
    changes every year

I have HUD on my X5 and apparently BMW charges 2k for it. I would check your insurance first, then contact a glass shop, because Hyundai will rape you.

good luck with it.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

I've called Moores auto glass so far and i'm looking around 850. the dealerships have been ok with telling me to go somewhere else for glass. just want to know a place that has the high end glass.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Cal Alta was able to supply me oem quality for my BMW ( saint gobain sekurit ). I think it was like 5-600 iirc? Free chip repairs after the fact as well which was nice as I got one a few weeks later.

I have hud also now and am mortally scared of rock chips.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Contact Squishy on here, she did the glass on my Touareg through her shop, and it was extremely reasonable

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Thanks guys. looks like i probably wont have it for next week

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Sent squishy a message, is there a better way to contact?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Phenix View Post
    Sent squishy a message, is there a better way to contact?
    I sent you a PM

My Ride
    G05

Avoid Glass Masters. Long story which the dealership is still fighting with them on this. Will elaborate once this gets settled.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by s2k_boi View Post
    Avoid Glass Masters. Long story which the dealership is still fighting with them on this. Will elaborate once this gets settled.
    Glass masters permanetly stained my A-pillars and when I asked to have them cleaned or replaced they completely ignored me.
    But worse than that was the glass they installed, it was very warped and full of defects, the glass was so poorly cast and tempered that even minor pebles at low speeds caused cracks...

The price was not worth the end result.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Is this a VW dealer? I have an appointment with 5th Avenue to get the windshield replaced on my Golf R and apparently they have Glass Masters (NE location) come in to replace the glass and they then re-calibrat the collision detection camera.

My Ride
    rs4, ram, 675f3

Let me know the cost, my golf r has a crack right in my eye site I should get it changed.

My Ride
    G05

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Is this a VW dealer? I have an appointment with 5th Avenue to get the windshield replaced on my Golf R and apparently they have Glass Masters (NE location) come in to replace the glass and they then re-calibrat the collision detection camera.
    Mercedes dealer. Highly recommend checking the glass, panels, etc. They're very careless to say the least.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

I have the 5.0 ultimate with the HUD and its definitely not a cheap piece of glass. Ive had to replace already. Surprisingly enough I worked out a deal with Precision Hyundai to do the glass and got a really good deal.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by RickDaTuner View Post
    But worse than that was the glass they installed, it was very warped and full of defects, the glass was so poorly cast and tempered that even minor pebles at low speeds caused cracks...
    I also love the line they give everyone who questions the quality.

"All glass is made China, but to a minimum standard set by the government"

Yeahhh, that doesn't mean the minimum standard doesn't suck balls, or that other glass manufactures don't make their glass twice as strong as the minimum. I've learned my lesson, I'll only use them for a car I'm selling now.

My Ride
    K Pop Yacht

Quote Originally Posted by civic_stylez View Post
    I have the 5.0 ultimate with the HUD and its definitely not a cheap piece of glass. Ive had to replace already. Surprisingly enough I worked out a deal with Precision Hyundai to do the glass and got a really good deal.
    How much did it cost you? also when i called them they told me to go somewhere myself. did you get factory glass? I have the same car.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Mercedes dealer. Highly recommend checking the glass, panels, etc. They're very careless to say the least.
    Just following up on this. I would say they did an acceptable job on my car. No scratches on the paint, or damage to interior panels and these cars are a bit more involved because of the rain sensor and camera mounted under the glass so there's plenty of plastic trim that is to be removed. My only gripe would be that they didn't do a great job cleaning my interior after as there was rubber pieces on my dash and seats as well as grime on my rear view mirror. The glass was OEM VW (I have glass coverage and demanded OEM glass) so no issues there.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Quote Originally Posted by Phenix View Post
    How much did it cost you? also when i called them they told me to go somewhere myself. did you get factory glass? I have the same car.
    I definitely did not go the factory route but my aftermarket piece is quite nice and the HUD is almost perfect. I was able to run 550.00 installed.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    G05

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    Just following up on this. I would say they did an acceptable job on my car. No scratches on the paint, or damage to interior panels and these cars are a bit more involved because of the rain sensor and camera mounted under the glass so there's plenty of plastic trim that is to be removed. My only gripe would be that they didn't do a great job cleaning my interior after as there was rubber pieces on my dash and seats as well as grime on my rear view mirror. The glass was OEM VW (I have glass coverage and demanded OEM glass) so no issues there.

Ok... I think i can finally provide the details. First I agree that the interior was dirty every time they touched the my car.

1) May - First windshield - installed it with scratches on a copy of spots
    2) June - Second windshield on Glass Masters dime. But This time the manage to knick the A pillar on the passenger side, and destroy the headliner while taking out the windshield
    3) Book their mobile repair service. Guy no shows the first appointment; second appointment he shows up and looks at it and says he can't touch it unless the windshield is out
    4) Drop off the car for them fix - but the dealership calls me and says it looks horrible and they ordered a new headliner for it (it seriously looks like they sharpie it)
    This visit - we find more damages (scratched inner part of the wiper arm from putting the glass in - dealership found this one) Knicked part of the paint on my hood as they didn't move the wiper arm up prior to propping it up. Scratched plastic panel on the passenger side and dash area....
    5) Now after 23 days without my car the as the dealer had to wait for parts from Germany it's all fixed. While they were putting everything back they found that the rear view mirror clip was busted and they silconed it

So you're lucky. What a nightmare.. I don't know if they would've stepped up if the it wasn't done through the dealerships windshield warranty program as they stepped up and provided me loaners for so many of these mistakes.
    Last edited by s2k_boi; 09-13-2017 at 01:00 PM.