Quantcast
Got into a Car Accident, LF for witnesses and advice - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Got into a Car Accident, LF for witnesses and advice

Default Got into a Car Accident, LF for witnesses and advice

Hi. Last Friday on Aug 4, around 6:50pm -7:00pm, I was involved in a minor car accident.

I was taking a left turn on an existing green light on 10 AVE and 4 St. However, I took a wide left turn because it was a one way, and was aiming to enter into the lane second to the right (I wanted to get into the closest lane as possible because I needed to make a right turn on 8 AVE). As I was turning left, I heard a honk and stopped, but didn't notice anything, but as soon as I went to continue my turn, a car passed me coming down from 4 St. I hit the other car's door, and have scrapped the side of my car.

The driver of the other car believes that she went on a green light (she had two passengers with her), and that I am at fault. She has told me that she was not the one that honked her car. Am I at fault for taking that wide left turn? I believe that the other driver ran a red light.

If you guys know anyone who might have witnessed this, that would be more than helpful! Any advice is greatly appreciated as well. Thank you.

Here's a photo to help visualize.
    Name:  10AVE.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  57.9 KB

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Without any witness's, it's he said/she said. Go back to the corner and see if there's any camera's in the intersection that might have caught it.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

You stopped in the middle of a major road because someone honked? Then you started up driving again, but by this time the light went green ... yet you kept changing lanes without paying attention to your surroundings.

I dont have to wonder who is at fault. Its pretty simple.

My Ride
    G37X

No witness or dash cam with you saying you turned into the wrong lane isn't going to go well for you I imagine. At this point everyone should have a dash cam for how cheap they are.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You stopped in the middle of a major road because someone honked? Then you started up driving again, but by this time the light went green ... yet you kept changing lanes without paying attention to your surroundings.

I dont have to wonder who is at fault. Its pretty simple.

Thats what I get reading this. Maybe someone was honking for you GTFO of the intersection but you were oblivious. Your at fault especially taking a wide turn
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Didn't get the answers you were looking for on Reddit?
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Why do people think they can wide turn and think it's okay?
    Fuck I hate shitty drivers.

[–]meadowmoon 7 points 6 hours ago
    Because I have to turn right two blocks away! /s

Two blocks and you aren't able to signal and wait for people to let you in to make that turn? lol Wow must be a woman driver
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

To be fair, there's less than 20 meters where one could legally move over two lanes and make the RH turn on to 8th Avenue as OP was wanting to do just because 4th has a concrete curb running down the center until just before 8th Avenue.

But regardless of that, that still does not justify making an illegal LH turn - if my memory serves me correctly, the CoC is very good at putting up signage where different LH or RH turns are allowed like the OP did but there certainly is not any of that signage where the OP did their illegal LH turn.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by YYC_Caracc View Post
    Hi. Last Friday on Aug 4, around 6:50pm -7:00pm, I was involved in a minor car accident.

I was taking a left turn on an existing green light on 10 AVE and 4 St. However, I took a wide left turn because it was a one way, and was aiming to enter into the lane second to the right (I wanted to get into the closest lane as possible because I needed to make a right turn on 8 AVE). As I was turning left, I heard a honk and stopped, but didn't notice anything, but as soon as I went to continue my turn, a car passed me coming down from 4 St. I hit the other car's door, and have scrapped the side of my car.

The driver of the other car believes that she went on a green light (she had two passengers with her), and that I am at fault. She has told me that she was not the one that honked her car. Am I at fault for taking that wide left turn? I believe that the other driver ran a red light.

If you guys know anyone who might have witnessed this, that would be more than helpful! Any advice is greatly appreciated as well. Thank you.

Reading this post, it's clear you were oblivious on a lot of things, and likely trying to make an excuse that the other driver ran a red light.

And what's this talk about a "wide left"? It's never OK to do that. Learn to drive your own car, and know the rules of the road. If it's like anything I've seen, your "wide left" might have been straight into the middle lane and onto the right.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    To be fair, there's less than 20 meters where one could legally move over two lanes and make the RH turn on to 8th Avenue as OP was wanting to do just because 4th has a concrete curb running down the center until just before 8th Avenue.

But regardless of that, that still does not justify making an illegal LH turn - if my memory serves me correctly, the CoC is very good at putting up signage where different LH or RH turns are allowed like the OP did but there certainly is not any of that signage where the OP did their illegal LH turn.
    9th Ave SW to 5th St SW would be such an example. But yea, I'm surprised there's no signage there to allow turning into the 3rd lane because of curb + 8th Ave Access. I have made a successful 2 lane change in those 20m though in traffic, but it's definitely sketchy haha.

The description of this accident reminds me of the Venus Williams accident.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

That intersection is a gongshow in the morning because of that left turn.

You're right, raj. We need one of these.

Name:  Snip.png
Views: 505
Size:  530.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by YYC_Caracc View Post

Name:  10AVE.jpg
Views: 566
Size:  57.9 KB

EDIT: I was also thinking about this, because if you went "second from the right" and the car you hit was also in that lane, it wouldn't have been a side-to-side rash. It would've been a collision.

I think this is what happened and you got greedy. OP is green.

Name:  Snip.png
Views: 516
Size:  6.1 KB
    Last edited by flipstah; 08-09-2017 at 11:03 AM.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

Something is strange. Besides the wide turn, one of them didn't have the right of way to enter the intersection.

My Ride
    Exploded.

One of the two definitely beat the red light.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Well, OP did say they stopped in the middle of the intersection. They didn't say for how long. Light could have changed.

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

So one person didn't know where to go, the other person didn't pay attention to the person who didn't know where to go.

My Ride
    Infinitis and Nissans

So the car passed you first before you hit it?? Soooo you weren't looking where you were going and hit it as it went by?? WTF?!?! I am confused.

My Ride
    Exploded.

There are bubble cams at Rodney's. Once you get footage, please post it here.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Never ask for accident advice on beyond. No matter what, everyone will say you are at fault

OP ain't coming back hahaa

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Never ask for accident advice on beyond. No matter what, everyone will say you are at fault
    It's your fault for scaring OP! Smooth move, Ex Lax.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast