Quantcast
2017 Honda CRV EX-L (split from: 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport) - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Honda CRV EX-L (split from: 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport)

Default 2017 Honda CRV EX-L (split from: 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport)

Whelp we totally went with something different Haha, liked the civic but ended up with a 17 CRV EX-L, wife fell in love with it lol

My Ride
    N/A V8, TTV6, DOHC N/A V6

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Whelp we totally went with something different Haha, liked the civic but ended up with a 17 CRV EX-L, wife fell in love with it lol
    Nothing wrong with that at all. I see one of those in my future honestly.

It's packaged so well there's a shitload of room inside, and the backseat space forget about it!
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age."

-H.P. Lovecraft

My Ride
    2015 honda crv 2015 subaru sti sport

Quote Originally Posted by Darkane View Post
    Nothing wrong with that at all. I see one of those in my future honestly.

It's packaged so well there's a shitload of room inside, and the backseat space forget about it!
    Yup
    That's why I ordered one. They haven't even been out for so long. And there are a ton of them out. For good reason.

My Ride
    AP1

I'm thinking of ordering one as well. Where did you guys purchase your CRV? Who did you deal with? Did they beat the "unhaggle.com" price and throw in some free accessories? I'm considering the LX model. I'd be curious to hear what you guys paid if you're willing to share

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by EF9 Sedan View Post
    I'm thinking of ordering one as well. Where did you guys purchase your CRV? Who did you deal with? Did they beat the "unhaggle.com" price and throw in some free accessories? I'm considering the LX model. I'd be curious to hear what you guys paid if you're willing to share

I only deal with Okotoks

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

We got the LX with CVT. My wife loves it. We had a Fit and figured the payment are pretty much the same so went with more power and the aggressive look.

The CRV do look quite nice. And the Odyssey. But we shall stay on topic :-)

Congrats, the new CRV's are pretty awesome. It would be my SUV of choice in that segment right now for sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EF9 Sedan View Post
    Just go to Okotoks. Don't waste your time in the city, last two Honda's I've bought nobody could touch their price, even Airdrie was a lot more. PM me if you want a contact there who I have dealt with several times.

My Ride
    '16 Golf TSI

Bought my wife one in February. I hadn't driven it much at all, but just had it in BC for a week, out to Kelowna and back, with the kids and a shit load of luggage. Thule up top with 4 sets of golf clubs and some extra things too. Lacks the punch of the 270hp Rav 4 she had before, but it's a super nice vehicle to drive. Waaaay better fuel economy too. Averaged 8.1 L/100KM over the 2200 km we put on, and I was *not* easy on it.

Quote Originally Posted by acedia View Post
    Bought my wife one in February. I hadn't driven it much at all, but just had it in BC for a week, out to Kelowna and back, with the kids and a shit load of luggage. Thule up top with 4 sets of golf clubs and some extra things too. Lacks the punch of the 270hp Rav 4 she had before, but it's a super nice vehicle to drive. Waaaay better fuel economy too. Averaged 8.1 L/100KM over the 2200 km we put on, and I was *not* easy on it.
    My wife came from the same vehicle, V6 rav4. That is the biggest thing I noticed, but overall I thought it was a great deal for what you get, and it was hard to pass up. We also looked at an HRV, and she liked the size, but I barely fit in it, and it was really cheap inside, given the jump to the EX-L CRV ended up being less than 5k, it was a no brainer.

We're in the process of upsizing my wife's vehicle from a 09 Rav4 sport v6. From the Honda lineup, it is either Pilot, but more likely the Odyssey. 8.1/100 is pretty impressive for the CRV. We barely managed to get 9.5/100 on the Rav4.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Wow im surprised everyone loves these CRV's so much. I think honda made the rear end hideous. Rest of the vehicle im sure is typical solid honda but that new square rear end...

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Wow im surprised everyone loves these CRV's so much. I think honda made the rear end hideous. Rest of the vehicle im sure is typical solid honda but that new square rear end...
    Agreed. Terrible rear end.

I saw a '17 Accord sedan in black and thought it looked pretty upscale for its class. Wish they could have the same treatment on the CR-V.

My Ride

Nice! I should have mine this week. I can't wait!!!

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Another recommendation for Okotoks Honda. You can get the whole deal done through text message with those guys. It's awesome.

I like the CRV as well, but for me the seat bottom was a bit short and lacked thigh support. I can see why they are everywhere though. Excellent value in its class.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

I like the CRV back end actually. At first I didn't like the Civic's back end and now both my wife and I love it. Don't have $$$$$ like 4doorj to have 3+ cars though. Otherwise we would get an CRV.

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Agreed. Terrible rear end.

I saw a '17 Accord sedan in black and thought it looked pretty upscale for its class. Wish they could have the same treatment on the CR-V.
    The accords are getting totally redone for '18. No more V6, 1.5T and 2.0T powerplants.

My Ride
    '16 Golf TSI

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroGravity View Post
    We're in the process of upsizing my wife's vehicle from a 09 Rav4 sport v6. From the Honda lineup, it is either Pilot, but more likely the Odyssey. 8.1/100 is pretty impressive for the CRV. We barely managed to get 9.5/100 on the Rav4.
    We were almost always over 10 or 11 with the RAV on similar trips. The CRV gets good mileage without having to consciously drive it nice. My one major gripe would be punching it from a standstill trying to cross a crazy busy 4 lane highway, or merge into traffic on those non-existant merge lanes in spots. There's what seems like a full second lag at times. The RAV just goes. lol

We were almost always over 10 or 11 with the RAV on similar trips. The CRV gets good mileage without having to consciously drive it nice. My one major gripe would be punching it from a standstill trying to cross a crazy busy 4 lane highway, or merge into traffic on those non-existant merge lanes in spots. There's what seems like a full second lag at times. The RAV just goes. lol
    I loved the V6 in our Rav4, that thing was damn quick for what it was. We drove the new one, so terrible. That V6 was such a great motor, it only took me 1 day to sell ours privately for full asking.

My Ride
    '16 Civic

Quote Originally Posted by Skrilla View Post
    I loved the V6 in our Rav4, that thing was damn quick for what it was. We drove the new one, so terrible. That V6 was such a great motor, it only took me 1 day to sell ours privately for full asking.
    Despite that motor being so great I have to ask... Was that motor an absolute PIG on gas?
    2016 Honda Civic Touring

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathanl10 View Post
    Despite that motor being so great I have to ask... Was that motor an absolute PIG on gas?
    In our case, it wasn't that bad. Greatly depends on your driving habits and traffic flow. If I remember correctly, the inline 4 of the same generation of Rav4 had a 4-speed transmission while the V6 a 5-speed transmission. The rate fuel economy differ by about 1.x L/100km between the two models. Compare to the newer vehicles, the fuel economy is probably not that good by todays' standards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast