Quantcast
EZ-Clear,phishing scam? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: EZ-Clear,phishing scam?

My Ride
    G

Default EZ-Clear,phishing scam?

Hey guys,

I ordered some work out clothes online from a company called Boxraw, a company in UK, and the items were shipped with a courier called OCS worldwide. Today I get this email from a company called EZ-Clear

Name:  123.jpg
Views: 357
Size:  36.5 KB

Didn't think much of it, clicked the link to pay my import charges. Logged into paypal to pay and everything seemed to be normal.

Name:  12345.jpg
Views: 366
Size:  169.9 KB

Once I clicked pay, it brought me to this page which is where I started to get worried. Nothing showed up, no email reciept from paypal and the toll free number is now a +62 number which is the Indonesia country code.
    Name:  1234.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  108.0 KB

I quickly changed the password to my paypal account and then started trying to google the company. Nothing really shows up about them except it's a business from Toronto. No reviews, the google street view of the company is some houses. They do have a facebook page which I clicked on and they only have 4 likes.

Name:  123456.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  227.3 KB

Was this a phishing scam? Does anyone have any prior dealings with EZ-Clear? i don't usually click on weird links but this one seemed legit with my order number and stuff from the company I ordered from. If it is a phishing scam what other passwords do I need to change and what other precautions do I need to take? I already changed email, banking and paypal passwords. Thanks in advance for the help
    Last edited by JC522; 08-09-2017 at 03:21 PM.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Doesn't look too much like a scam. They have a Twitter and Facebook with a 1-888 number on it. I'd try calling it to verify your payment.

Looks like a pretty new service.

https://www.facebook.com/EzClearCanada/
    https://twitter.com/EzClearCanada

My Ride
    G

Hey guys, just a quick update. I tried paying by credit card but my TD visa rejected the payment through paypal. Tried with my other credit card and it went through. On the receipt it listed the recipient as:

Merchant information:
    EZCLEAR
    [email protected]
    http://ezclear.ca
    416-251-5545

So I googled up citilogistics and the same thing happened with the address being to a house in Vancouver this time. Thought it was odd and looked deeper. Apparently citilogistics is a division of citipost. I looked into citipost and they're a legit company from UK it seems. All these couriers I never heard of, I think in the future I'll just stick to getting my items sent by DHL,Fedex or UPS. I'll keep an eye on it to make sure it's actually legit