Quantcast
My neighbours - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: My neighbours

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

Default My neighbours

Family to our right is a single mom, with two teenage kids. I talked to her frequently and she let me know because her mower is heavy and there is a slope from their back yard to the front she appreciates the fact that when I do the front lawn I do their side too. I have no problem with that. When I shovel snow I do the sidewalks of our neighbor to our right, and the two to our left. I don't have a problem with that. However I do appreciate if all neighbors take better care of their lawns. Water, pull weeds etc because if their lawn is in bad shape our lawn will eventually be in bad shape.

Funny to our left they are Asians. Nice people. Young man does yard work for a living. I suppose when you do that all day you don't want to come home and do more. And two to our left is Indian family. Lawn is yellow, lot of weed as well.

I did ask our neighbor to our right how come the kids don't help with yard work and shoveling the snow. I guess that is not a territory for me to get into. Kids these days!

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

You're a nice guy. It wouldn't hurt for the families to return the favor (especially the snow shoveling) once in a while. But like that is ever going to happen.
    Sometimes you get good neighbors, other times you get those who couldn't care less about those around them.

If you're not going to take care of your lawn, then just put rocks in or something.

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

I think I prefer Camembert over Gouda.

My Ride
    Ford

Neighbor on my left is awesome. neighbour on the right the grass is like a foot tall. i used to do the same thing in the winter. shovel both neighbors sidewalk if im out there first. and if the left house is out first he does mine. its nice to only get dressed half the time. i stopped doing the right guys walk cause he never returned the favour i could see him come home from work. look at the nice shoveled sidewalk and never nothing.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

My neighbor to the left frequently does our front lawn. I try to return the favour on the weekends but he's way more consistent and sometimes gets to his own lawn on Friday evenings

As such, I try to do other things such as move his recycle/garbage bins back when I get home first but I do feel bad that I can't do more since he's pretty on the ball about those things.

My Ride
    toyota MR2

Haha! I'm the same way, mow the neighbors lawn to the right of me which I share. But it does bother me that its never watered.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    4x4 Abarth

This reminds me, there's a strip of grass between me and left neighbor. It grows 2x faster than any other grass for some reason. If I leave the strip too long, pretty sure the neighbor ain't happy. I don't mind pulling the mower out just to do that strip more frequent, but I always forget.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Neighbour on the right: pretty sure they're renting (was a rental before) but they've been there for like 1.5 yrs now. I've never met them nor do they have any interest in meeting me. We do our own stuff and take care of everything on our own. They run a day care (pretty sure) and so it's the odd toy that comes over the fence that I just chuck back. I have no issues with them other than once in a while the people coming to pick up kids block my driveway for a few minutes.

Neighbour on the left: super chill dude. He mows the strip of grass between our houses (front attached garage). I did it once and he told me not to because my lines aren't straight and it makes his side look bad Similar to you guys, we share the sidewalk shoveling and take eachothers' bins back when we can.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Its not just kids that dont want to help with yard work. My BIL lived at home and wouldnt shovel the tiny amount of pavement from house to side walk, his parents had to pay $250 a month to get it professionaly cleared. He also bought a mower and never used it so the entire yard was covered with dandelions. I sprayed all the dandelions to kill them and then more invasive weeds took over - like that prickly shit (no idea what its called).

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I sprayed all the dandelions to kill them and then more invasive weeds took over - like that prickly shit (no idea what its called).
    You mean thistles?

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Its not just kids that dont want to help with yard work. My BIL lived at home and wouldnt shovel the tiny amount of pavement from house to side walk, his parents had to pay $250 a month to get it professionaly cleared. He also bought a mower and never used it so the entire yard was covered with dandelions. I sprayed all the dandelions to kill them and then more invasive weeds took over - like that prickly shit (no idea what its called).
    Those little prickly bastards have got my hippie neighbors lawn and they refuse to do anything and now its come over to my lawn. It drives me CRAZYYYY.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

You could complain about the thistles, I had Bylaw come once before I put sod down on by front lawn. Decent guy, said there were multiple complaints for our street, probably from one person. To be fair it had become overgrown but I was planning to deal with it.

Anyways the guy told me the thistles are included under the provincial Weed Act as a prohibited noxious weed, so it wasn't good enough to simply mow them down, they had to be pulled and disposed or we could be fined, etc.

I pull weeds and mow but never water, that is an absolute waste of water IMO. I leave it slightly longer than most as it helps the grass naturally retain more water so my lawn is mostly green.

Lack of neighbors watering should have zero effect on your lawn. I get that you'd like neighbours to weed though.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    I pull weeds and mow but never water, that is an absolute waste of water IMO. I leave it slightly longer than most as it helps the grass naturally retain more water so my lawn is mostly green.

Lack of neighbors watering should have zero effect on your lawn. I get that you'd like neighbours to weed though.
    I cut my lawn once a week and leave it pretty long. I also pull the few weeds I see each week. If I don't water it, it turns yellow pretty quick. The yard does get sun most of the day though.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

The small green prickly ones not the thistles. These weeds don't end up with any flowers where as thistles do

My Ride
    Jeep of Theseus

Quote Originally Posted by blairtruck View Post
    Neighbor on my left is awesome. neighbour on the right the grass is like a foot tall. i used to do the same thing in the winter. shovel both neighbors sidewalk if im out there first. and if the left house is out first he does mine. its nice to only get dressed half the time. i stopped doing the right guys walk cause he never returned the favour i could see him come home from work. look at the nice shoveled sidewalk and never nothing.
    Exact same thing for me. Left side neighbours are amazing, we always mow/water/fertilize each others' lawns, shovel walks, trade homemade food, etc. Right side neighbours are fucking useless. Never mow or tend their front lawn (it's 60% clover and dandelions now), never shovel anyone else's walk, back yard is a literal dirt lot - house is 15 years old and it's never been seeded or sodded. 100% weeds that I have battle to keep out of our lawns.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I'm good all winter about shovelling both neighbours and all summer I'm that assholes with an ugly lawn. Not sure if that balances out or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Left neighbor is really nice, family of 4 that do lots of outdoor family stuff, which is great for them, but f'ing noisy as hell for us because of the way our houses stagger. We don't complain though because they're good people, and I like that their kids are outdoors and not shut-ins. Keeps the lawn in OK condition, mows when needed, but almost never waters so it's brown a lot. Always shovels the minute it stops snowing.

Right neighbor is a jackass, and has always been one since mooching his way into a free house. Keeps his lawn pretty decent though. Has a gas snow blower that he usually only does his 25' of sidewalk with, and does the rest of the cul-de-sac maybe once a month. If I had one, I'd be doing the whole street for the hassle of busting it out, and starting it up.