11 8.03%
  • Focus RS

17 12.41%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Which car would you choose from these 5

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Default Which car would you choose from these 5

A buddy of mine is looking for a new car to replace his S4. He's considering one of these 5, any of you have any experience with them?

My Ride
    16' IS350 AWD / '93 LHD FD3S

My good buddy and neighbor has a C43 Coupe, beautiful car and performs flawlessly - only comment would be to not get it with the optional runflats as it sacrifices comfort when you can just call roadside assistance.
    His neighbor and another friend of ours has a C43 Sedan, and loves it - he got the designo or whatever package and man are those seats beautiful.

I would recommend Sedan, but that's my preference.

My Ride
    NC1

I would be happy with any of those cars except the Focus simply because I don't like Ford lol

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-17-2019 at 11:53 PM.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would be happy with any of those cars except the Focus simply because I don't like Ford lol
    We have driven them all but the Ford. For some stupid reason they won't allow test drives, blows my mind.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    I suppose it depends on what you plan on doing with it, and if you care about being on a budget

I picked the RS3

Although the best match for an S4 replacement is probably the BMW
    The one comment he had after test driving the BMW was the thumpy gearbox when shifting.

To get groceries with, I'm being serious haha.

He had a 2001 S4 from new, lowest km car in North America 79k.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    We have driven them all but the Ford. For some stupid reason they won't allow test drives, blows my mind.
    I've driven all of those except for the RS3 and BMW of that generation. Driven older 335's before, but not applicable really.
    And I own an RS, but I totally wasn't trying to go the luxury route. I get that they didn't allow test drives before as they were in more demand, but I guess if they're just sitting on the lot unsold, I don't see why no test drive. I guess they're still "rare" in the dealer's eyes. The only thing about the RS that might bug you is the turning radius, average looking interior, and the suspension might be too stiff for some people. I think the suspension is just fine, but relative to the other choices it is stiffer.

I would choose the RS definitely over the Golf R. The Golf R is so boring in comparison and they're both pretty much the same price when you consider the Focus gives you free set of tires. It's just that much more fun to drive if that's what you're going for.

In the more luxury segment, I really liked the C43 overall, but dunno about the Audi other than it likely is going to be more rare on the road though as I've seen more than a few C43 sedans and coupes already. If I were to buy a Benz now, it would be the C43 sedan.

Lastly, I guess there isn't a big preference on auto or manual? Some of those choices are auto only, manual only, and I believe only the Golf and BMW is available in auto/manual?
    Last edited by Disoblige; 08-11-2017 at 02:29 PM.

My Ride
    LNF

You have to be more specific.. What is he looking for? Raw sports car? or sport luxury car?

My Ride
    Exploded.

The new C-class are really nice on the inside and beats Audi easily. Before Audi was the master of interior design, but Mercedes is slowly taking the lead on it.

Ford interior is terrible, so that's out. Golf R is a close second for the practicality, so depends on what your buddy is looking for.

My Ride
    Bicycle

As someone who switched from 2010 S4 to 2016 C450 (before it turn into C43). I have no regrets.

Other than the 340 (I don't think they are 335 any more unless you are buying a used one) and C43, everything else are front bias AWD.

And of 5 choices, they are quite all over the place.

Golf R is best bang for the bucks.

RS3 is probably a fanboy car. I don't think it's worth what it's asking for. Same with Focus RS.

340/C43 is a bit more luxurious that the rest of the list.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    You have to be more specific.. What is he looking for? Raw sports car? or sport luxury car?
    Something to get groceries in that has good low end torque and handles well. Luxury isn't necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    The new C-class are really nice on the inside and beats Audi easily. Before Audi was the master of interior design, but Mercedes is slowly taking the lead on it.

Ford interior is terrible, so that's out. Golf R is a close second for the practicality, so depends on what your buddy is looking for.
    Interesting, of all the cars I've been in, I would say the Audi had the nicest interior. The C43 had a very plastic feel to me with the shiny black centre console and panels.

My Ride
    LNF

Something to get groceries in that has good low end torque and handles well. Luxury isn't necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting, of all the cars I've been in, I would say the Audi had the nicest interior. The C43 had a very plastic feel to me with the shiny black centre console and panels.
    I would rule out the RS then. Golf R is probably the best and most practical car for his needs if he does not track it. Other cars are going to cost him way more.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by mzdspd View Post
    I would rule out the RS then. Golf R is probably the best and most practical car for his needs if he does not track it. Other cars are going to cost him way more.
    He seems to be leaning toward the R

Cost is not a concern, the guy is stupid rich haha.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I have owned the 335 sport pack, test drove the RS3 and just recently bought the C43. The c43 will come out most expensive but is amazing to drive, most my friends with Audis now want one instead. Interior in the C43 is much nicer, acceleration and sound in sport + is a lot of fun but the wife can drive it in comfort. AMG sport seats are a must and the deigno paint is delicious.

My Ride
    NC1

i like how rich people still appreciate value and not just throwing money around.

the golf R is great bang for the buck.

If he's stupid rich I'm surprised he wouldn't go for the luxury sport route.
    I've owned an 11 S4 and now a 16 R, I miss the Audi almost all the time. But mine was a decision based upon finances not desire.
    I would swap into a 435xi Mpkg or C43amg coupe in a heart beat. Or if money wasn't a super big option might as well get an M3/M4 and win win haha

The bmw/benz will have wayyyy more trunk room than the R. I cannot fit my golf clubs sideways in the trunk, and as is the hockey bag barely gets in under the hatch hideaway partition (usually its popped up a bit and can see it slanted in the rear mirror with the bag back there). Same with those safeway re-usable black bags for groceries, you can only fit 3 of them in the trunk without stacking and i'd prefer to avoid mashing up food if I can.

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Quote Originally Posted by colinxx235 View Post
    If he's stupid rich I'm surprised he wouldn't go for the luxury sport route.
    I've owned an 11 S4 and now a 16 R, I miss the Audi almost all the time. But mine was a decision based upon finances not desire.
    I would swap into a 435xi Mpkg or C43amg coupe in a heart beat. Or if money wasn't a super big option might as well get an M3/M4 and win win haha

The bmw/benz will have wayyyy more trunk room than the R. I cannot fit my golf clubs sideways in the trunk, and as is the hockey bag barely gets in under the hatch hideaway partition (usually its popped up a bit and can see it slanted in the rear mirror with the bag back there). Same with those safeway re-usable black bags for groceries, you can only fit 3 of them in the trunk without stacking and i'd prefer to avoid mashing up food if I can.
    Sorry, I should mention it has to be AWD

Sorry, I should mention it has to be AWD
    Well I guess no M3/M4 but my vote would still heavily be the 335/435x or c43 sedan or coupe 4matic. But I much prefer the extra luxury, 100km/h+ power band, and the extra space. Not to mention those cars are much smoother driving around on the shitty roads of yyc these days. The R can feel pretty rough sometimes.

My Ride
    Defender, Allroad

I think this is a two horse race, either the Audi or MB. The Audi will be the quickest but the interior is only so so in the RS3. The MB is the winner IMO. The performance isn't quite RS3 like, but the interior is a huge upgrade(both space/interior wise).

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

whats he doing buying peasant vehicles? I hear the Ferrari GTC4 has pretty decent trunk space. i'd pick that

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast