Quantcast
SDS/International Motor Cars tragedy - $3000 stolen - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: SDS/International Motor Cars tragedy - $3000 stolen

My Ride
    gt86

Default SDS/International Motor Cars tragedy - $3000 stolen

Hello, before you make any questions. Prior to buying from them, I did not know that International Motor Cars was previously SDS. Which I found out after the whole incident on beyond forums and all their dirt.

They had a 4.3 star google review, and 5 stars on other sites. I was interesting in buying a car from them, left a $3,000 deposit via credit card showing I was in good faith of purchasing the car, signed the bill of sales. Everything went well until I found out that they had falsified my income. They tried to make me sign papers stating I made $10,000 monthly. In reality I made only 3-5k (It fluctuates because I'm a business owner).

I did not sign those papers and called David Baker about the whole thing, saying that frauding my income to the bank is super illegal. He replied by saying that it's only illegal if the bank wants statements of my income. (Basically he tried to screw me over). The bank always asks for my income every month due to me being a business owner and tax fees. Furious, I asked him the cancel the contract and return my deposit and he agreed if I returned the contracts/papers to him. Which I did.

A few days, into weeks they did not refund my deposit. I call David Baker and he said "non-refundable deposit got to go byeee" and rudely hung up on me, even though he agreed to refunding if I returned the papers to him. I contacted AMVIC and they are investigating this situation. I have proof that he falsified my income as well. Has anyone got their deposit back through AMVIC?

I told this story to CBC and two reporters interviewed me, I told them to hold off on posting the story as it is. That if there's anyone else from beyond who wants to contact CBC as well and tell them their horrific stories (Like JAYMEZ and jdm_spec). I'm in contact with news reporter Gui and David.

In conclusion - stay far far away and hopefully these car dealership will go out of business.

Have you reported this to your CC company? Might be good to get it on record at least if they can't reverse it

My Ride
    bus

Quote Originally Posted by LadyRed View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Hello, before you make any questions. Prior to buying from them, I did not know that International Motor Cars was previously SDS. Which I found out after the whole incident on beyond forums and all their dirt.

They had a 4.3 star google review, and 5 stars on other sites. I was interesting in buying a car from them, left a $3,000 deposit via credit card showing I was in good faith of purchasing the car, signed the bill of sales. Everything went well until I found out that they had falsified my income. They tried to make me sign papers stating I made $10,000 monthly. In reality I made only 3-5k (It fluctuates because I'm a business owner).

I did not sign those papers and called David Baker about the whole thing, saying that frauding my income to the bank is super illegal. He replied by saying that it's only illegal if the bank wants statements of my income. (Basically he tried to screw me over). The bank always asks for my income every month due to me being a business owner and tax fees. Furious, I asked him the cancel the contract and return my deposit and he agreed if I returned the contracts/papers to him. Which I did.

A few days, into weeks they did not refund my deposit. I call David Baker and he said "non-refundable deposit got to go byeee" and rudely hung up on me, even though he agreed to refunding if I returned the papers to him. I contacted AMVIC and they are investigating this situation. I have proof that he falsified my income as well. Has anyone got their deposit back through AMVIC?

I told this story to CBC and two reporters interviewed me, I told them to hold off on posting the story as it is. That if there's anyone else from beyond who wants to contact CBC as well and tell them their horrific stories (Like JAYMEZ and jdm_spec). I'm in contact with news reporter Gui and David.

In conclusion - stay far far away and hopefully these car dealership will go out of business.
    You should proceed with the news story.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Do people still think "reviews" of a USED car lot mean fuck all? Most of these guys are swamp rats.

My Ride
    gt86

Yes I have, they have informed me that fraudulent related contracts are out of their reach and has to be gone through small claims court, which I will go through if AMVIC cannot solve the problem.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

AMVIC won't solve anything, they are as useless to the consumer as BBB.

My Ride
    Silverado

I'd file a police report. And go with the news story. Also call your cc company.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Why in the fuck would anyone put down a deposit on anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

Shouldve just told your credit card company that you did not make the purchase and goods were not exchanged. They'll return your funds and then its up to the store to prove they are in the right.

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

3k deposit is huge. Shouldn't of done that much. $500 would of been sufficient personally...

And them "falsifying" information to get you approved for financing isn't something that's unheard of. I'd bet most of the big dealerships in town do the same sometimes and fudge some numbers to make sure the person gets the financing approved.

BUT, anyway this is still SDS... Norman Baker has always been a piece of shit on this forum. The amount of vehicles I see on Kijiji makes me wonder how much of their shit they import from the US anyways with accident or claim history.

Didn't they get caught giving carfax reports over carproof reports here as well?

Anyway, go forward with the story. Sewer their already shitty name

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This - would never even consider it. And if you have to, it's a separate written contract stating the terms of the refund. Shady used car dealers do not do anything in 'good faith'. I've also never heard of a $3k deposit on a car in my life - max is $500-1000.

All their google reviews are probably fake or paid too.

All standard behavior for SDS / International Motor Cars.

OP: Definitely proceed with the story

My Ride
    This and that.

Sometimes deposits are necessary. Example, picked up a vehicle in Vancouver a couple weeks ago, couldn't get out there for a few weeks after negotiating the deal so had to put down a deposit to hold it. Fully refundable though of course. But yea not many instances in local deals where I'd think about putting a deposit.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

I can see deposits on rare or exotic vehicles, in the case where the buyer needs time to sort of logistics (eg out of town) - but for in town, standard vehicle purchase - no.

My Ride
    NC1

Hope it all works out whether through the news outlet or credit card company.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Unless you know the sales guy i doubt theres many people out there willing to start any paper work unless theres a deposit, a $3k deposit is insane but $500-1000 is fair imo. Could you imagine how much bs youd have to go through being a car sales guy without taking deposits. We hear about shady dealers keeping deposits all the time but for the 95% of the time things go as planned we never hear about that. No im not in car sales and im probably way off on the 95% success rate lol

Fuck these Baker guys are shady and it sucks to hear they keep getting people.

Man....these guys are just bad people in my opinion. Hope you get your deposit back OP.

My Ride
    Exploded.

You always needed to do a $500 minimum deposit to show seriousness. You can negotiate to no deposit, but I hope you made copies of the contracts, etc.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

I can't believe these greaseballs are still getting away with this shit.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    car

FWIW, AMVIC helped me to get back a deposit I left on a vehicle a few years ago, albeit only $500. Don't really want to get into the sorted details but yeah they acted as a mediator between myself and the dealer and made it work.

My Ride
    Silverado, G37x

How aren't those guys in jail yet. They're not just shady, they're complete fraudsters

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast