Quantcast
PARE physical fitness course - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: PARE physical fitness course

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by Rat Fink View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I have quite a few coworkers who came from the RCMP. Some are considering going back while others won’t ever go back to it. Personally, I’m in a smaller municipal agency and love it. I’m in a patrol unit as well as an explosives disposal unit. When I am not doing patrol work I’m getting fun training days where I am playing with robots, C4, and blowing shit up.

If you are joining the police to help people you may be disappointed. Most of your time will be wasted with the city’s trash calling in about issues they could deal with themselves if they could actually cope with being an adult but you’ll learn to focus on helping true victims of crime and dismissing the pathetic meth head vs. meth head type garbage calls.

For me, a large part of the enjoyment with the job is the great crew I am on. Not sure I’d like it so much being solo in the middle of nowhere with the RCMP.

The shift rotations and pay is great. I have way more time off to spend with family and friends than I ever had with my previous work. I have a lot more time (and money) for my hobbies.

I also agree with the majority of your time being spent on reports, but once you are caught up on paper and your calls and have a chance to get out for proactive policing the job gets really fun. I love packing up our cell block with shit bags haha.
    Getting paid to blow shit up! You're living the life! I don't mind reports. I have 10+ years experience of writing detailed reports some of which have been entered as evidence over the years. Also am well used to working alone and having to approach potentially dangerous homeless folks who have passed out in the parkade. Hopefully I'm not always alone if I get hired. That could get a little boring and lonely, however there's always radio banter.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Hallowed_point View Post
    Getting paid to blow shit up! You're living the life! I don't mind reports. I have 10+ years experience of writing detailed reports some of which have been entered as evidence over the years. Also am well used to working alone and having to approach potentially dangerous homeless folks who have passed out in the parkade. Hopefully I'm not always alone if I get hired. That could get a little boring and lonely, however there's always radio banter.
    I do think you need to spend more time doing your homework. If you arent even aware that the RCMP are exclusively a 1 member car, then there is a chasm of knowledge you're missing.

Its not just writing reports that makes it dumb, its not being given the time to do your job properly.

My Ride
    G37X

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    I do think you need to spend more time doing your homework. If you arent even aware that the RCMP are exclusively a 1 member car, then there is a chasm of knowledge you're missing.

Its not just writing reports that makes it dumb, its not being given the time to do your job properly.
    But that is not the case when you graduate as a cadet (unless I'm mistaken.) You are under direct supervision until such time as you're deemed "ready" to respond to calls alone. Is this incorrect?

I'm well used to that. Most weeks involve at least 2-3 shifts without lunch break of any sort. 9.5 hour shift. At least in a cruiser, I can pack some snacks with me for energy. And I'm used to being: security
    guard, desk guy, building manager, minor maintenance, check the entire 30+ floor building plus parkade for leaks or damage etc, answer phone calls and emails immediately, receive deliveries and more alone.
    I'm not saying that I know it all, but I think I have a fair chance at being able to hack it.

Especially, with some training. Heck, I was put in charge of supervising 5 security guards at a condo when I was 22 with no real supervisory experience. My boss saw the potential. I made some mistakes sure. But
    if I can handle being thrown into roles with basically zero training, I like my odds with 6 months of actual training.

Man, I probably sound like Seth Rogan Observe & Report here... lol
    Last edited by Hallowed_point; 01-24-2018 at 11:15 AM.

Last edited by Rat Fink; 12-06-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    Thanks for the 14 years of LOLs. Govern yourselves accordingly and avoid uppercut reactions!

My Ride
    G37X

^ Not yet. I’ve been to an open house. I’ll get on that! Night would probably be good.

If you want to come out with me when it warms up or even just sit down for a coffee and we can chat about all this, I’d be happy to help you out. ����
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    G37X

^Certainly , I’ll send you a pm

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3