Quantcast
Essential Phone (real Titanium) - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Essential Phone (real Titanium)

My Ride
    A250

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No case. Feels way too good to be covered in a case plus I don't think there are many out there at the moment. I had Best Buy apply the front and back protector on it since day one though, but mostly cause the smudges drive me nuts and I get OCD wiping it all the time.
    Yeah the phone is a beauty. I don't use the camera all that much so maybe I'll grab one soon. Thanks for your help.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Anyone else grab one from Koodo during the Black Friday sale? It was too cheap for me not to get it, especially since black dots started showing up on my 6P camera.

So far... the materials and build quality are fantastic. One pro/con is that there's no decent looking case out for it, so I'm forced to go naked.
    Oreo beta is out and is great except for faster battery drain. I haven't noticed the screen jittering that seems to be one of the biggest complaints.
    The camera is just as shitty as everyone says it is... but getting better both using the Google Camera HDR port, and the stock app updates. Portrait mode was released last night and works pretty well.
    I love the size of the phone. No bezels is great and the notch doesn't bug me.
    Originally posted by max_boost
    Hey baller, any problem money can solve is no problem at all. Don't sweat it.

My Ride
    This and that.

I haven't used mine in a while as I had been using the iPhone X but I feel like pulling it out again since I got the 360 camera module. Not sure I will though so it's just sitting there. I would sell it but this phone freaking dropped like crazy since I spent over $1K on it when it first got released. Ridiculous.

I call dibs if you want to sell the 360 camera.

I haven't used mine in a while as I had been using the iPhone X but I feel like pulling it out again since I got the 360 camera module. Not sure I will though so it's just sitting there. I would sell it but this phone freaking dropped like crazy since I spent over $1K on it when it first got released. Ridiculous.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    Anyone else grab one from Koodo during the Black Friday sale? It was too cheap for me not to get it, especially since black dots started showing up on my 6P camera.

So far... the materials and build quality are fantastic. One pro/con is that there's no decent looking case out for it, so I'm forced to go naked.
    Oreo beta is out and is great except for faster battery drain. I haven't noticed the screen jittering that seems to be one of the biggest complaints.
    The camera is just as shitty as everyone says it is... but getting better both using the Google Camera HDR port, and the stock app updates. Portrait mode was released last night and works pretty well.
    I love the size of the phone. No bezels is great and the notch doesn't bug me.
    What was the Black Friday deal for the phone?

Quote Originally Posted by jaylo View Post
    What was the Black Friday deal for the phone?

It was for $0 with 360 on the medium tab. I ended up getting it and I like it apart from the camera. Build feels solid and is pretty quick/smooth. I don't mind the cut out either.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by elite View Post
    It was for $0 with 360 on the medium tab. I ended up getting it and I like it apart from the camera. Build feels solid and is pretty quick/smooth. I don't mind the cut out either.
    Amazing deal. Waiting for a Boxing Day deal...

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Okay so here's the situation.

It is an Essential phone. Don't think it is sold outside of North America. Even when I bought it, I bought it directly from their site which only shipped to US and I had to get it shipped to an address in US first. It's a pretty good deal considering I am including a camera module which usually alone is $250 on Essential's site.

Besides that, I suggested to him that if he wants it bad I would need the funds to be sent via gift. He was a bit hesitant at first and asked me to send him a picture of the items with my username on a paper and date written beside it (makes me feel a little more comfortable as he is doing his due dilligence). I did that and of course I have almost 200 positive feedbacks on ebay (all from buying though) and it seems that he was comfortable with going that route. He did send me the funds on Paypal via gift and is now waiting for me to ship it. I packed up the box and will be heading to post-office shortly but I don't see what he can do now to scam me in any way? It's a Paypal gift which he can't 'charge back' on and I have already initiated the transfer of those funds out of my Paypal to my bank account anyway. If anything I feel like I can easily scam him now by simply not sending the item, obviously I wouldn't do that but I don't see how he can do anything to claim it's a scam or whatever?
    On a side note... are the essential phones any good? I ve not heard of them and I need a new phone in a few months.. My Samsung S4 is starting to struggle.

My Ride
    This and that.

Not bad at all and apparently Telus is now selling them outright for a pretty good deal. When they first got released they had something’s that could use work but they have been pushing pretty regular updates. I only used mine for a month but turned it on every now and then and it would have a new update. Definitely worth now with them being under $500. I spent over $1K off them directly when they first got announced.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    On a side note... are the essential phones any good? I ve not heard of them and I need a new phone in a few months.. My Samsung S4 is starting to struggle.
    It's pretty good if you stack it up against other phones in the $400 range. If you're comparing to a Pixel 2 or S8, then it's a hot mess

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Get the Samsung S7, quality phone, much cheaper now S8 is out.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    If you frequent Redflagdeals, most people have a hate on for this phone.

The problem is it launched with tons of issue which have since been fixed. Now they got screen issues and a failed Oreo 8 upgrade.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    If you frequent Redflagdeals, most people have a hate on for this phone.

The problem is it launched with tons of issue which have since been fixed. Now they got screen issues and a failed Oreo 8 upgrade.
    This is why you never jump on the hype train and be an early adopter, especially with unproven companies.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    This is why you never jump on the hype train and be an early adopter, especially with unproven companies.
    This. Someone's first crack at a product is very rarely a good buy. You don't get the refinement and reliability that Google, Apple, and Samsung have on your first try. Even the OnePlus phones are still plagued with issues every iteration and they've been around for a little while now.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Just got one of these through work. Feels pretty solid. Nothing more to say yet.

My Ride
    Hybrid

Android 8.1 beta should be coming today...

One thing I forgot to mention... aftermarket accessory support for this phone sucks. Maybe the lack of bezel is to blame, but I haven't heard of a single tempered glass screen protector that works properly, and none of the cases play nicely with a screen protector.

r/essential is the best resource I've found for anything about the Essential phone.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

FYI, on sale on Amazon.ca today. $549.99 with earbuds.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07BF8C6YL

My Ride
    '91 NA1 ADVAN'D

Default Curious, those who have the Essential phone.... how's it holding up?

I've been a bit intrigued and looking for 1 device to consolidate 3 devices (don't ask me, I'm a BB guy and the Android apps are starting to crash on BB10 OS). I refuse to go iOS, and the Android based BB's are still quite "pricey" for their spec.

Worthwhile to p/u an Essential phone?

My Ride
    This and that.

Can be had for a great price now and works and feels great. I may pick one again as a second phone. I would recommend it.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

I would recommend it. It's at a good price point.

My only big issue is that I get this once in a while. Keep in mind this is also my work phone so I use it less than my daily
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbHtJLQEU7o

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast