Quantcast
Another car buyer's remorse thread - Page 14 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Another car buyer's remorse thread

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by relyt92 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gotta by Hyatt. OP mentioned working at MB and says that he works right next door.
    OP lives in Edmonton.

@ some of you continuing to bust OP's balls, give the guy a break. He's young (at heart), made somewhat of an impulse buy, but he's accepted that. It's easy for us to judge him based on everything that has happened. Put yourselves in his shoes, the situation has been headache after headache. Regardless of if it was a rushed purchase or not, nobody expects to deal with so much crap when buying their first vehicle. Lighten up Beyond.
    Last edited by Tej.S; 09-03-2017 at 06:56 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Lol he not young but so much drama with the car purchase. Goes to show there are no friends in big business!

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by Tej.S View Post
    OP lives in Edmonton.

@ some of you continuing to bust OP's balls, give the guy a break. He's young, made somewhat of an impulse buy, but he's accepted that. It's easy for us to judge him based on everything that has happened. Put yourselves in his shoes, the situation has been headache after headache. Regardless of if it was a rushed purchase or not, nobody expects to deal with so much crap when buying their first vehicle. Lighten up Beyond.

And to those that want to know which dealer, theres only two Infiniti dealers in Edmonton, I work at MB which is right next door to me, on the same parking lot. But the one I purchased at, isn't the one next door. You can figure out the rest with Google skills and if you still can't, its Ericksen Infiniti.

Hahaha thanks. I'm not young. LOL Mid 30s. But yes, nobody should be dealing with this much shit before purchase and after purchase. Yes, I take full ownership on creating the drama regarding the car purchase negiotiations. But everything else that has followed was not my doing. It really has soured me on the "Infiniti Buyers Experience" and brand new car experience in general. It was supposed to be a simple deal that has now turned into a nightmare. I've never seen this shit before. But I still love the car regardless. It makes me smile. Its not the cars fault the dealership failed in so many ways. But its also a reflection of the brand of Infiniti that that failing dealership is representing them. I'm already over and accepted the pricing issue, thats not a concern anymore.

What is a concern is all the mess-ups created by them during the process of buying and after delivery. From the bad detail job, to the wrong VIN#/car on purchase agreement, to the Plate transfer issue, lost window sticker/ to the rushed delivery, to the last straw the bumper damage. Enough is enough and now they have to be held accountable. Nobody would accept a car like this with this many issues.

To those who saying I should of got the Red Sport? Why? Yes its more car, but what you guys aren't understanding is, Its a Demo model AND its the base model. This is my first brand new car purchase, I didn't wait for 3 years or etc to go out and purchase a demo. I wanted a brand new car with specific options and a specific color. I wanted a car that nobodys driven/bagged on etc.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 09-04-2017 at 09:45 AM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

how many KMs were on the dash when you picked it up....

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by TYMSMNY View Post
    how many KMs were on the dash when you picked it up....
    30KMs, now has 233KM.
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

LOL, my bad on the age confusion.. Skimmed through the posts, and saw that someone mentioned you were 21 haha. Edited the post for lols.

My Ride
    Skateboard

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    And to those that want to know which dealer, theres only two Infiniti dealers in Edmonton, I work at MB which is right next door to me, on the same parking lot. But the one I purchased at, isn't the one next door. You can figure out the rest with Google skills and if you still can't, its Ericksen Infiniti.

Hahaha thanks. I'm not young. LOL Mid 30s. But yes, nobody should be dealing with this much shit before purchase and after purchase. Yes, I take full ownership on creating the drama regarding the car purchase negiotiations. But everything else that has followed was not my doing. It really has soured me on the "Infiniti Buyers Experience" and brand new car experience in general. It was supposed to be a simple deal that has now turned into a nightmare. I've never seen this shit before. But I still love the car regardless. It makes me smile. Its not the cars fault the dealership failed in so many ways. But its also a reflection of the brand of Infiniti that that failing dealership is representing them. I'm already over and accepted the pricing issue, thats not a concern anymore.

What is a concern is all the mess-ups created by them during the process of buying and after delivery. From the bad detail job, to the wrong VIN#/car on purchase agreement, to the Plate transfer issue, lost window sticker/ to the rushed delivery, to the last straw the bumper damage. Enough is enough and now they have to be held accountable. Nobody would accept a car like this with this many issues.

To those who saying I should of got the Red Sport? Why? Yes its more car, but what you guys aren't understanding is, Its a Demo model AND its the base model. This is my first brand new car purchase, I didn't wait for 3 years or etc to go out and purchase a demo. I wanted a brand new car with specific options and a specific color. I wanted a car that nobodys driven/bagged on etc.
    I don't get why you're so hung up on "waited x number of years to buy a new car" when you financed the entire thing. It wasn't like you saved up enough over x number of years and paid cash. You could've financed the thing at anytime so there was nothing you did that makes it any more special than any random dude spending more than they can afford. I hope you get lots of advice when you buy a house.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by G View Post
    I don't get why you're so hung up on "waited x number of years to buy a new car" when you financed the entire thing. It wasn't like you saved up enough over x number of years and paid cash. You could've financed the thing at anytime so there was nothing you did that makes it any more special than any random dude spending more than they can afford. I hope you get lots of advice when you buy a house.
    Ice cold. And accurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by G View Post

I didn't mean wait as in save up, I meant it as wait as I've been looking and finally decided this was the year to purchase. And I already bought a house, been in it for 5 years. Buying a house was alot less stressful and much easier and smooth than this car purchase. But yes focus on that, and not all the issues.

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

whats the hate on people financing/leasing a car? i dont get it? doesnt mean they cant "afford" it. Sometimes it means it's the better way to go... leverage is key, tons of real ballers do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Team_Mclaren View Post
    whats the hate on people financing/leasing a car? i dont get it? doesnt mean they cant "afford" it. Sometimes it means it's the better way to go... leverage is key, tons of real ballers do it...
    its often the way to go. <2% over 48 or 60 months, even if I have cash in the bank I'd finance that.

However, IMO maxing yourself out for financing is retarded. Living paycheck to paycheck is retarded. Being sunk financially if you miss getting one paycheck is retarded. I personally couldn't imagine living life with that kind of stress and no amount of shitty shiny new trinkets would mask the unrelenting stress of potentially losing everything within 2 weeks of bad luck.

Anyone who finances or leases a car down to the dollar they can afford IMO deserves whatever hate people want to direct their way, and judging by how dealership's opening line is still 'what payments can you afford a month' most people probably fall in to the category of buying way more car than they actually should be buying. In my job I also see way too many people who can't afford a 250-1000 deductible who are driving brand new cars or very new luxury cars. Whatever though, people willing to spend every last cent they own and can borrow drives the economy..... at least in the short term.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    its often the way to go. <2% over 48 or 60 months, even if I have cash in the bank I'd finance that.

However, IMO maxing yourself out for financing is retarded. Living paycheck to paycheck is retarded. Being sunk financially if you miss getting one paycheck is retarded. I personally couldn't imagine living life with that kind of stress and no amount of shitty shiny new trinkets would mask the unrelenting stress of potentially losing everything within 2 weeks of bad luck.

Anyone who finances or leases a car down to the dollar they can afford IMO deserves whatever hate people want to direct their way, and judging by how dealership's opening line is still 'what payments can you afford a month' most people probably fall in to the category of buying way more car than they actually should be buying. In my job I also see way too many people who can't afford a 250-1000 deductible who are driving brand new cars or very new luxury cars. Whatever though, people willing to spend every last cent they own and can borrow drives the economy..... at least in the short term.
    Low insurance deductibles are usually a bad idea.

I was more talking about the irony of someone owning a new 50g car and not being able to scrape together $250 for a deductible because they have no cash in their bank account, their credit cards are maxed, and their line of credit/overdraft is tapped out or non existent.

As for deductibles it's debatable. Technically insurance in general is a bad idea as statistically insurance companies make more money than they pay out and therefore minimum coverage or no coverage is the most logical in the long run for your average person in the long run. Averaged out, every single thing you buy from an insurance company should end up costing you more to have covered than it would if you replaced/fixed it yourself out of your own pocket. Insurance makes sense as soon as you factor in not being able to replace a car easily, or being crippled financially by not having a certain type of coverage.

Low deductibles make sense for a lot of people (dont have 1G in the bank or on CC and can't save it up easily? probably shouldn't have a 1G deductable). They also do not save that much by getting high deductables. You're looking at about $60 more a year going with a 250/500 vs a 500/1000 comp/collision deductible. Because hit and runs are a very common thing in this province, and I'm anal, I have the lowest deductibles I can get. If i have one hit and run every 8 years or less, I saved myself money.

If it wasn't for hit and runs I wouldn't have collision because the odds of me getting in an at fault accident are far far lower than the average person and that means I'm losing money by having collision. I dont like gambling so with pieces of shit out there that could write off my parked car and drive away, I'll always have collision now on anything I would cry over having to walk away from.

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Low deductibles make sense for a lot of people (dont have 1G in the bank or on CC and can't save it up easily? probably shouldn't have a 1G deductable). They also do not save that much by getting high deductables. You're looking at about $60 more a year going with a 250/500 vs a 500/1000 comp/collision deductible. Because hit and runs are a very common thing in this province, and I'm anal, I have the lowest deductibles I can get. If i have one hit and run every 8 years or less, I saved myself money.
    I agree with that mostly. I pay that bit extra to have a lower deductible. I have also never had to make an insurance claim in my 22 years of driving. Would I have saved money? sure. But I also don't want to fork out $1000 for a deductible if I only have to pay $250.

Everytime I rent anything, I always pay for the insurance as well, like a few weeks ago when I rented a boat at Sylvan. Being able to just rip around and not give 2 shits if something happened let me and the family have a lot more fun than me worrying about having to pay a much bigger bill should something happen.

It's funny though, i won't buy an extended warranty on any electronics though...
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    NC1

that's ok but using heloc is not ok lol

My Ride
    F10M/F87/NA2/W220/V90/E46ZHP/SE3P/DC2

yes i understand all that, but why do people make an assumption that OP is paycheque to paycheque? or anyone for that matter when they want to finance/lease?! Even if i make a mill a year i might still finance/lease. Why? because a large sum of cash is often better off spent on something else.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

yes i understand all that, but why do people make an assumption that OP is paycheque to paycheque? or anyone for that matter when they want to finance/lease?! Even if i make a mill a year i might still finance/lease. Why? because a large sum of cash is often better off spent on something else.
    Because this:
    We started at $355 bw @ 84 months for 2.99%, I wanted to be under $300 bw, and we ended up at $318 bw @ 84 months 2.99%.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    I agree with that mostly. I pay that bit extra to have a lower deductible. I have also never had to make an insurance claim in my 22 years of driving. Would I have saved money? sure. But I also don't want to fork out $1000 for a deductible if I only have to pay $250.

Everytime I rent anything, I always pay for the insurance as well, like a few weeks ago when I rented a boat at Sylvan. Being able to just rip around and not give 2 shits if something happened let me and the family have a lot more fun than me worrying about having to pay a much bigger bill should something happen.

It's funny though, i won't buy an extended warranty on any electronics though...
    Extended warranty on microwaves only, somehow we have always had our microwaves crap out before the extended warranty lapsed.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Extended warranty on microwaves only, somehow we have always had our microwaves crap out before the extended warranty lapsed.
    Microwaves and routers.

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

A car purchase should of never had this many issues from what I went through.
    To those who saying I should of got the Red Sport?
    Still didn't learn. Done reading this shit. kthxbai
    Last edited by jwslam; 09-05-2017 at 08:42 AM.

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 ... LastLast