Quantcast
How to Buy a Ferrari - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How to Buy a Ferrari

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:15 AM.

My Ride
    18 Model S, 20 Macan S, 67 Camaro & 11 SLS

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought you were going to go with something more sensible after the Porsche, haha

Maybe it is just me, but the NSX and Porsche are playing a totally different game than anything made by Ferrari. The only people I even see driving them in Van are flamboyant douchebags with gold sunglasses and 17 year old Asian kids. I know it does have racing heritage/pedigree, but at the consumer level it is kind of a just a flashy poser brand.

What about the new NSX?
    Prices are starting to come down because they're not selling, but for me personally (although you asked Sam), I know the NSX is fast and I think it's one of the best looking performance cars on the market currently, but I can't get past the V6 for that price. I know the performance numbers, but still. For that price, I need a car that growls.

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

The NSX totally bombed for Honda. If you check online you will see lots of NSX's for sale across the country as nobody wants them. I always wonder if a car like this may perform better in the used car market later on because there won't be many available seeing most dealers can't move the initial ones they got so there shouldn't be many re-orders. I really think Honda shouldn't have incorporated the stupid Acura beak into the design. Why add the design cue from your regular lineup that everyone hates to your supercar? Maybe it doesn't bother everyone but when I look at an NSX I can't unsee that same beak from an MDX or their sedans that nobody buys.
    Last edited by heavyD; 08-25-2017 at 03:00 PM.

My Ride
    ute

It's a mish mash of the worst styling cues Acura insists on keeping around.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ercchry View Post
    Don't you just go to sketchy used car lots and look at questionable history 360s?

I don't think I'd ever want a Ferrari though... like Rolex, so cliche and diluted

Aston... or maybe mclaren, but only after the Bentley for the dd
    +1 All the way.

Fuck i hope i can own an Aston one day. Ferrari though holds 0 appeal.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Should have kept your old NSX... Definite head turner these days, such a rare vehicle.

I mean who in the right mind would buy a Ferrari when there's so many better cars out there. People definitely buying it for the name.

My Ride
    German

Geez tough crowd. I'd love to own a Ferrari one day. 355

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by infected View Post

No doubt. I say it's such a true baller thing to do. Don't even think I qualify for a heloc for the downpayment for one of these beasts. Such raw power and manly.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Has it been stated which Ferrari Max is looking at? Possibly the FF or GTC4 Lusso?
    I like neat cars.

My Ride
    Lariat

It doesn't look that hard!

_____ASP______

current ski quiver:
    park, all mtn 181 ON3P Kartel 98
    park,all mtn: 181 Armada AR7
    big mtn, pow: 185 Armada JJ

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by heavyD View Post
    The NSX totally bombed for Honda. If you check online you will see lots of NSX's for sale across the country as nobody wants them. I always wonder if a car like this may perform better in the used car market later on because there won't be many available seeing most dealers can't move the initial ones they got so there shouldn't be many re-orders. I really think Honda shouldn't have incorporated the stupid Acura beak into the design. Why add the design cue from your regular lineup that everyone hates to your supercar? Maybe it doesn't bother everyone but when I look at an NSX I can't unsee that same beak from an MDX or their sedans that nobody buys.
    Other than the looks, I think the NSX cost $100K more than it should be. It should be priced at $100-150K CAD.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by infected View Post
    you'd love to drive one. Own? Not so much.

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

Head to vegas and rent a few before you buy Max... those ultra low dolla Rarri rentals are shit bagged cars but, it'll give you a good idea.

My Ride
    AMGGGGGGsixtythree

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    Has it been stated which Ferrari Max is looking at? Possibly the FF or GTC4 Lusso?
    Yasssssss.... so much want.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Actually, it isn't that bad to deal with FOA now, I guess with the new "Alfa" department, they need to open the door for all kind of customers, their Alfa salesperson is very friendly and easy to chat with, (even when I told him I had an Alfa Milano, he didn't know what I were talking about .. ) he showed me around the dealership, looked at some Alfa and Ferrari, and also chatted with the Ferrari Sale and manager ..

I know most the time you walk in to FOA, and tell the receptionist you want to "just look at some Ferrari' they will give you funny faces bluh bluh bluh ... but now, you can look at the Alfa first, at least, break the ice first ...

I remember one time I went to FOA, two young Chinese boys (teens?) walked in, and one guy ran to them and said "What can we do? " ( not too polite ) and one boy said he want to order the new Maserati SUV ... the guy replied "Sure, I need $10,000 from you now, and your name, address .. ", and the boy took his credit out, and DONE!

I guess if the can sell a $100K plus SUV in 2 min .. they don't need to offer the best service .. lol
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

As a former Ferrari employee I can tell you that the process can be very difficult. The one thing Ferrari does better than any other brand is sell the "lifestyle". Many Ferrari owners dont really care that their car isnt the fastest.. its just that they have one. Especially if you are on the lucky list of people that get the early/first versions. They've paid a substantial premium over retail but its just so you can say you had the FIRST one. You get your owners card and red key and you get to go to all the fancy F1 driver meet and greets and wear all the cool Ferrari merchandise. Those who have money are not concerned about getting a Ferrari as they are approached for pre orders long before the floor models arrive. Its the "normal rich" guys who usually end up buying low mileage second hand ones. Most of the second hand ones that are sold are never even posted for sale. People like Kulu know where certain cars are and everything is for sale for the right price. Ive worked for several luxury brands in my life and Ferrari would definitely fall under one of the weirdest most unorthodox ways of doing things. Kind of like the mafia, you need to be "in" and the higher up you are, the better opportunities you get from them.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I don't have and probably will never have the money for it to matter, but this whole concept really turns me off.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    changes daily :D

Quote Originally Posted by civic_stylez View Post
    As a former Ferrari employee I can tell you that the process can be very difficult. The one thing Ferrari does better than any other brand is sell the "lifestyle". Many Ferrari owners dont really care that their car isnt the fastest.. its just that they have one. Especially if you are on the lucky list of people that get the early/first versions. They've paid a substantial premium over retail but its just so you can say you had the FIRST one. You get your owners card and red key and you get to go to all the fancy F1 driver meet and greets and wear all the cool Ferrari merchandise. Those who have money are not concerned about getting a Ferrari as they are approached for pre orders long before the floor models arrive. Its the "normal rich" guys who usually end up buying low mileage second hand ones. Most of the second hand ones that are sold are never even posted for sale. People like Kulu know where certain cars are and everything is for sale for the right price. Ive worked for several luxury brands in my life and Ferrari would definitely fall under one of the weirdest most unorthodox ways of doing things. Kind of like the mafia, you need to be "in" and the higher up you are, the better opportunities you get from them.

Very very well said!!!! So strange of how they do business, the number of lawsuits thrown around is incredible, and the fact that you HAVE to own certain cars for a certain period of time otherwise you won't get the newest latest greatest model before everyone else. If I could ever afford it I would buy from Van before ever dealing with Alberta.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

You can get "Foreign Student lease program" to buy Ferrari, Lambo, Mclaren, Bentley, Rolls, Aston etc in Vancouver ... LoL
    The Original !

1234567, 多勞多得

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by C4S View Post
    You can get "Foreign Student lease program" to buy Ferrari, Lambo, Mclaren, Bentley, Rolls, Aston etc in Vancouver ... LoL
    wat

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast