5 5.05%
  • ExtraSlow and SKR fuck each other

907 100.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Selling on Kijiji

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

I have had mixed results with Kijiji but generally money talks and I hold nothing ever. I tell people that and if the people interested don't buy I follow up.

Most interesting one was a guy from Dawson Creek said he wanted to buy my bike and would EMT me half to hold it and I said ok. Later he actually sent me the full price and picked up a week later.

My Ride
    General Motors Competizione

Quote Originally Posted by eblend View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    he could come see it on your schedule. leave work early, work late another day type of deal. Something if he really wanted it.
    I'm on call 24/7 with no notice and I work out of town, and I want him here during banking hours. That's the problem. He's coming from 4 hours away and I don't want him to get part ways here and then I have to leave. We could have done it at night but I really want to know I have real money before my truck drives away.

That, and the second guy has really been bugging me. He called, and I told him he's second in line and that I can't do anything until the end of the week. And despite that, he still texts several times a day almost begging. I've been close a few times to telling him I won't sell to him at any price. But that'll fuck me if the first guy bails.

The second guy hasn't seen the truck either, and made no effort to negotiate on price. That's maybe weirder than the first guy who has and still is asking for pictures and videos, and made a small effort to get me down from my asking price. That makes me think he's at least interested in it. The second guy, I don't know what his deal is. But it would take way less effort to get him standing in front of me to find out.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

i would go with whoever can get there first... one time i had a seller that i messaged first, they told me "meet me at 5" then they messaged me an hour later and said, "selling it to someone else because they can meet me at 4:30" total dick move by the seller, didn't even give me the option to meet earlier... so i told them i would be able to come at 4:30 but they were the one that said 5... so they did eventually sell to me and stiff he other person.... IMO unless its your scheduling problem, then its not your problem who you sell it to... if you have 2 people who can meet at the same time, priority goes to whoever contacted you first.

But then on the other hand i have had a seller (for a tent trailer, a few years back) say "meet me at x time" only to find out they had scheduled several other people there at the same time just to create a competition, it was a good deal, so i had no other option than to (while the other potential buyers were present) pull the seller to the side and tell them i would pay asking price, at which time they said "deal" and then they told the other buyers it was sold and the other buyers offered them more, but they told them, "sorry, we already made a deal", which they could have totally hosed me and created a bidding war, but that would have been a huge dick move.
    Last edited by Thaco; 08-30-2017 at 08:18 PM.
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride

I guess I've never actually said what my plan is. I'm going to hold it for the first guy until we both have a window, which right now looks like Friday morning. Why?

- I've always sold things of any value to the first person that calls. It's not a rule, just the way it seems to go. The first guy to actually call is usually the guy most interested and motivated, in my experience.
    - It's my fault that the first guy is in the position he's in. As I said above, I want him here during banking hours and with work I can't guarantee that I'll be here when he gets here.
    - Just because I said I would. That was the plan before the second guy poked his nose in, and his being here doesn't make the agreement I made with the first guy any different.
    - The first guy is from out of town, and chances are once he drives away that's the last time I see him or that truck again. The second guy makes me feel like there's going to be questions about warranties or what my return policy is (not that there should be, I think it's exactly as I've advertised it, but who knows what goes on in someone's head).

There's a third guy in the mix too, but I told him the first time that I'm holding it until Friday and he has left me alone like a normal person would.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    '01 B15 Sentra & '10 C11X Versa 6Sp 5Dr

If I told someone that I'd hold it, I'd hold it. But I'd never do tell someone that on Kijiji haha. I chose sell to the second guy, because there's no sale unless there's cash in my hands.
    Someday we may need to activate the halo structure off Deerfoot and destroy the North East.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Although I can totally understand why you are taking the route you are I always play by "cash is king" rules. The first person to show up with cash in hand takes the item. I also rarely ever negotiate on what I sell on kijiji because I believe I price what I sell fairly and if it doesn't go for that price well then it turns out I didn't.

I was selling an enclosed trailer a few years back and a guy was coming to see it at 3pm but I had a second guy interested. I told him that if he doesn't show I would let him know and he can come get it. Well guy 1 didn't show up and I couldn't get a hold of him so at 4pm I called guy 2 and he said he would be there at 5. Well guy 1 finally decided to show up at 4:50 right when guy 2 showed up. Awkward. They got into a bidding match between themselves and I was ready to sell it to guy 2 because guy 1 was late (huge pet peeve of mine) but good guy 2 conceded to being second in line so he'd let t he other guy get it. From that experience I'm sticking with my new rule of if you don't show up when you say you're going to then fuck you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by SKR View Post
    You picked "fuck you", meaning you. The correct answer is "fuck me".
    Well fuck, can't we just fuck each other?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Well fuck, can't we just fuck each other?
    you can now...

My Ride

I don't think I'm going to like that.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    The SHBARUS

good timing with the pride parade

My Ride
    is pretty sharp lookin'

Quote Originally Posted by schurchill39 View Post
    Well guy 1 didn't show up and I couldn't get a hold of him so at 4pm I called guy 2 and he said he would be there at 5. Well guy 1 finally decided to show up at 4:50 right when guy 2 showed up. Awkward. They got into a bidding match between themselves and I was ready to sell it to guy 2 because guy 1 was late (huge pet peeve of mine) but good guy 2 conceded to being second in line so he'd let t he other guy get it.
    @schurchill39 i totally agree with you. WTF is wrong with people. Agree to meet at 3. The guy will text at like 430 to say he's "on the way" and show up at like 6. Because y'know, I have all the time in the world to sit around and wait for your highness.

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    With Kijiji, you take the deal that results with you walking away with cash first. There's way too many flaky people on there.

There's no guarantee the first guy is going to take it so you could potentially have two deals fall through if you don't act.

If the first guy wanted it bad enough, he'd make time or he'd have someone give you a deposit.
    This.

Although its an unspoken rule in general, I would also disclose that it's first come, first serve. If I had other offers on the table before we meet, I would entertain them. Sales are never guaranteed and half the time, they flake, so I sell to the guy that has the money sooner.
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 08-31-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Nothing Good.

With Kijiji it's never sold until the you have cash
    In hand and you see the tail lights drive away.
    Set a time with guy one no ifs ands or buts. Guy #2
    Is one hour past that time. End
    A Ferrari is a high maintenance chick, you spend money regardless of what you do with her. You can baby the C63, or slap on all seasons, and you won't be spending anything but yearly maintenance. Of course that's like dating a stripper and refusing to fuck her, which would make you gay.

Originally posted by Rage2

My Ride
    Blue boy

First come, first serve!

When these goofs show up late, im less likely to give them a deal on the item and will stay firm on the price.

My Ride

Sold to the first guy today, so that's the end of that.
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:12 AM.

My Ride
    Turbos n Stuff™

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    With Kijiji, you take the deal that results with you walking away with cash first. There's way too many flaky people on there.

There's no guarantee the first guy is going to take it so you could potentially have two deals fall through if you don't act.

If the first guy wanted it bad enough, he'd make time or he'd have someone give you a deposit.
    This x1000

I've had my time wasted so much on kijiji that it's every man for himself.
    Travel

My Ride

I hope this doesn't get taken the wrong way, but I wonder if there's a difference dealing with people in Calgary versus outside of Calgary? It feels like there's a lot more "me first" in Calgary. I don't mean that people who think that way are wrong, just that it's a different feel compared to what I've experienced. Maybe it's just a big city/small town thing? I bought a truck in Rocky Mountain House and another one in Coaldale, and both times I agreed to buy it but didn't come back to pay for it or pick it up until a few days later. Both times my word was enough - I didn't offer to leave a deposit, and they didn't ask. Maybe I was the only serious buyer, I don't know. But I don't naturally have the same aversion to waiting that a lot of you guys have (and rightfully so, you all have stories about being fucked over for waiting). That's why it was so odd to me to have this second guy be so persistent after telling him he was second in line.

Maybe I'm wrong. I frequently am about almost everything else, so who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

How are there 900 votes for me and ExtraSlow having to fuck each other?
    2007 GMC 2500 Duramax
    1981 GMC C1500 454

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The mean streets of the big city have an effect on you man. You get tougher, harder or you die, it's just the way it is.

- - - Updated - - -

How are there 900 votes for me and ExtraSlow having to fuck each other?
    This started as a joke, but hey, the people have spoken. Maybe we can combine this with the cheap beer tasting to help the romance flow?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I hope this doesn't get taken the wrong way, but I wonder if there's a difference dealing with people in Calgary versus outside of Calgary? It feels like there's a lot more "me first" in Calgary. I don't mean that people who think that way are wrong, just that it's a different feel compared to what I've experienced. Maybe it's just a big city/small town thing?
    Nah, people are flakey and cheap everywhere. My experience with selling on kijiji in Manitoba with smaller towns/cites as well as their capital were just as bad as here, maybe even worse.
    Definitely worse in Winnipeg. Though can't comment on other areas of Alberta, since I have only been in and around Calgary for AB.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast