Quantcast
3 Calgary police officers charged with kidnapping and assault - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3 Calgary police officers charged with kidnapping and assault

Default 3 Calgary police officers charged with kidnapping and assault

Ex police officer lodged a complaint that led to charges against 3 Calgary police officers for kidnapping and assault. Wow!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgar...rges-1.4269204

It's very unfortunate but I hope they get the worst possible sentence for this. As a police officer you should be held to a higher standard.

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

Police say the three members were part of the vice unit at the time.

They picked up a man on Jan. 20, 2010, who they believed had information related to an investigation into at-risk youth.
    If it had anything to do with helping/protecting at risk youth, the person probably had it coming.... who knows

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by JfuckinC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it had anything to do with helping/protecting at risk youth, the person probably had it coming.... who knows
    That's what I thought too. Wonder why an ex member snitched on them.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

TL;DR - for those short on time:

Coleman says they are "chill guys."

But they let the guy go after assaulting/kidnapping him. He didnt help them locate whatever at risk kid they mentioned. In the course of most police investigations they probably have to cross off multiple suspects before solving a case.

I guess youd support the kidnapping and assault of each suspect until they get the answers they need?

CPS comes across as the most corrupt police force out there.

Quote Originally Posted by gwill View Post

3/2200 sworn members= 0.14%, people always generalize the entire force for the actions of an extremely small percent of the force

You're also following the assumption that said individual had the relevant information.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    '73 Buick, '03 Ruckus, '18 Tundra

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    3/2200 sworn members= 0.14%, people always generalize the entire force for the actions of an extremely small percent of the force
    You don't have to go back too far to find many more examples. Wasn't it last year when the EPS called out the CPS about it internal complaint reviews? I'm not saying all 2200 are bad either but its certainly more than the 1.5% you mention

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

You haven't been out much have you?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Ram 1500, '68 Camaro, S14

But they let the guy go after assaulting/kidnapping him. He didnt help them locate whatever at risk kid they mentioned. In the course of most police investigations they probably have to cross off multiple suspects before solving a case.

I guess youd support the kidnapping and assault of each suspect until they get the answers they need?

I feel like the CPS are usually more informed than you are giving them credit for. It's hardly kidnapping picking someone up in a paddy wagon(or whatever vehicle) and shaking them down and letting them go after 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorade View Post
    You're also following the assumption that said individual had the relevant information.
    Obviously I'm making assumptions, yes, but so so is gwill, how does he know it didn't help their investigation? (or did i honestly miss that in the article?). Unlike you guys i give them the benefit of the doubt. It's not like they beat up random people walking down the street for minor offenses.

But like i(you) said, all we can all do is assume, and we will come to our own conclusions until more details are released. But how often do we ever get to know more?

Quote Originally Posted by Ca_Silvia13 View Post
    You don't have to go back too far to find many more examples. Wasn't it last year when the EPS called out the CPS about it internal complaint reviews? I'm not saying all 2200 are bad either but its certainly more than the 1.5% you mention
    You moved the decimal it's 0.14 % literally negligible. Not defending they're actions but people don't take rational perspectives in these situations

It's hardly kidnapping? I guess the crown prosecutors think otherwise. After all they only have the facts shown before them to determine what charges should be laid.

We cant go a month or so before seeing a new story with charges laid against cps. Compared to other cities it seems calgary has far more charges being laid against their officers then most other cities.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

It's hardly kidnapping? I guess the crown prosecutors think otherwise. After all they only have the facts shown before them to determine what charges should be laid.

We cant go a month or so before seeing a new story with charges laid against cps. Compared to other cities it seems calgary has far more charges being laid against their officers then most other cities.
    Um, could it be possible that the CPS actually give a shit and lay charges whereas other LEOs may not be so quick?

My Ride
    2018 Lexus IS350 AWD F-Sport 3

https://medium.com/@ShaunKing/soul-s...k-7454a5a43924

Give that a read...
    These opinions are entirely my own and do not represent any other person or organization.

Where in there does it say they didn't get any relevant information from the investigation? Just because someone has been spoken to by police doesn't mean they are being arrested or charged. It's possible this person came forward voluntarily and things changed during the investigation and it turned into an arrest that was perceived as unlawful. That can turn into unlawful confinement and assault right there. It doesn't mean they beat him down or actually injured anyone.

Again, it's all allegations as anything is before the courts - and instead of making the leap to worst case scenario, consider none of us know the facts and we can only speculate.
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Phil, I can think of a few times (one this week I believe) where a member of the public has brought media attention to a CPS officer who has gone above and beyond the requirement of their position to provide extra care and assistance to someone. Motivated, and this is purely conjecture on my part, by the simple human condition of empathy for their fellow man.

Now I'm going to go ahead and assume that not ALL such instances make the news. I'm also going to assume that the number of such instances reported is equal to or greater than, 0.14% of CPS staff. By using Gwill's own brush, this clearly evidences that the majority of Officers are good people who aim to help the community. And CPS comes across as the most caring and empathetic force out there.

Problem solved?
    Last edited by JRSC00LUDE; 09-01-2017 at 02:42 PM.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Phil, I can think of a few times (one this week I believe) where a member of the public has brought media attention to a CPS officer who has gone above and beyond the requirement of their position to provide extra care and assistance to someone. Motivated, and this is purely conjecture on my part, by the simple human condition of empathy for their fellow man.

Now I'm going to go ahead and assume that not ALL such instances make the news. I'm also going to assume that the number of such instances reported is equal to or greater than, 0.14% of CPS staff. By using Gwill's own brush, this clearly evidences that the majority of Officers are good people who aim to help the community. And CPS comes across as the most caring and empathetic force out there.

Problem solved?
    No, it doesn't fit his narrative. #fakelogic
    ---------------------------------------------------

Any writings in this forum are my personal view and all opinions expressed should be taken as such; there is no implied or direct opinion representative of anything but my own thoughts on various subjects.

3 officers are charged with kidnapping and assault and the police officer announcing the charges to the media paints the officers as excellent cops and incredible people that he's personally known for years.

Yes, what an incredibly dedicated group of police officers. We only had to charge them with kidnapping and assault.

How the hell do kidnapping charges get announced and somehow only great things are discussed about the officers. No other criminals charges get announced with such a positive spin. It shows how corrupt cps is when they blindly defend an extremely serious charge.

I feel like the CPS are usually more informed than you are giving them credit for. It's hardly kidnapping picking someone up in a paddy wagon(or whatever vehicle) and shaking them down and letting them go after 20 minutes.

Obviously I'm making assumptions, yes, but so so is gwill, how does he know it didn't help their investigation? (or did i honestly miss that in the article?). Unlike you guys i give them the benefit of the doubt. It's not like they beat up random people walking down the street for minor offenses.

But like i(you) said, all we can all do is assume, and we will come to our own conclusions until more details are released. But how often do we ever get to know more?
    That's why we have the rule of law. Following it means people can't arbitrarily make decisions outside it no matter how good the intentions were. There's a reason why we have things such as probable cause and warrants. The process is there to ensure that the measures we are taking are justified and transparent. When people, in this case the police start working outside it the whole system falls apart.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast