Thread: Another car buyer's remorse thread

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Default Another car buyer's remorse thread

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    sweet!

What's the spec?
    2017 Infiniti Q50S Sport Package 3.0TT 300HP with Drivers Asst Package, I didn't opt for the tech package ($3800) as I don't like that DAS steering package thats controlled with computers. I like the mechanical steering. The DAS one feels like an arcade game, its neat though driving on highway with no hands and it steers by itself though.

Red Sport 400 would of been an extra $6300 for 100HP more. The 300HP one is peppy enough for me. And with a new tune/intake/exhaust and etc, it'll be good for me to have fun.

I got it for $49K + taxes. Dealer threw in floor liners, wheel locks, block heater (these 2 are usually standard add-ons anyway) and 3M Hood/Fender/Mirrors free

Can someone look over this Unhaggle.com sheet I did and is my #'s correct? Thanks in advance
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-23-2017 at 11:50 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    2017 Infiniti Q50S Sport Package 3.0TT 300HP with Drivers Asst Package, I didn't opt for the tech package ($3800) as I don't like that DAS steering package thats controlled with computers. I like the mechanical steering. The DAS one feels like an arcade game, its neat though driving on highway with no hands and it steers by itself though.

Red Sport 400 would of been an extra $6300 for 100HP more. The 300HP one is peppy enough for me. And with a new tune/intake/exhaust and etc, it'll be good for me to have fun.

I got it for $49K + taxes. Dealer threw in floor liners, wheel locks, block heater (these 2 are usually standard add-ons anyway) and 3M Hood/Fender/Mirrors free
    Sounds like good choices. Paying for power is usually okay, if you want it. But otherwise options are a sunk cost and increase your depreciation rate considerably (unless it's one of the few "must have" options). I always try to get newer cars with as few options as possible, and used cars with as many as possible.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Sounds like good choices. Paying for power is usually okay, if you want it. But otherwise options are a sunk cost and increase your depreciation rate considerably (unless it's one of the few "must have" options). I always try to get newer cars with as few options as possible, and used cars with as many as possible.
    I might cancel the deal. The reason I went to that specific dealer was I know all friends that work there, so wanted the hookup. I'm also in the automotive dealership at Benz so I could of easily bought a Benz but thought since we're all in the same industry they wouldn't try to swindle me. But going on Unhaggle.com, I should of got the car for $4K less all in $48K than this "hookup price". The $48K price includes the 5% markup profit. They said they were making little on this deal. I was so confused with all the numbers they were throwing at me, I didn't really pay attention to the overall selling price of the car. We started at $355 bw @ 84 months for 2.99%, I wanted to be under $300 bw, and we ended up at $318 bw @ 84 months 2.99%.

I did a $2K deposit, what are my options here? Deal isn't said and done till delivery date and financing is signed correct? Only thing I signed was a deal sheet.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-20-2017 at 04:29 PM.
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Omg.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    bus

I might cancel the deal. The reason I went to that specific dealer was I know all friends that work there, so wanted the hookup. I'm also in the automotive dealership at Benz so I could of easily bought a Benz but thought since we're all in the same industry they wouldn't try to swindle me. But going on Unhaggle.com, I should of got the car for $4K less all in $48K than this "hookup price". The $48K price includes the 5% markup profit. They said they were making little on this deal. I was so confused with all the numbers they were throwing at me, I didn't really pay attention to the overall selling price of the car. We started at $355 bw @ 84 months for 2.99%, I wanted to be under $300 bw, and we ended up at $318 bw @ 84 months 2.99%.

I did a $2K deposit, what are my options here? Deal isn't said and done till delivery date and financing is signed correct? Only thing I signed was a deal sheet.
    I hope they are not like IMC and this works out for you

My Ride
    NC1

You might be stuck here but let us know how it goes when you tell them you want your deposit back etc.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

What did you think that deposit was for? Are you willing to walk away from your two grand?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

I don't get it?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    What did you think that deposit was for? Are you willing to walk away from your two grand?
    Deposit was to hold vehicle. Not a downpayment

Pretty much they sold me on what monthly payment I wanted, but increased the overall sales price of the car itself to make up. Fellow co-workers who are salesguys at my work are saying I should of got the car for $500-1000 over their invoice price.
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-20-2017 at 05:33 PM.

My Ride

This dealer is part of a bigger dealer Go Auto. They are very high priority on customer satisfaction and my manager at work is brothers with the sales manager their and I know some of the corporate managers higher up the chain. I assumed being that I work in the industry, and my manager is brother with the sales manager, they would treat me fairly and do a house kind of deal and make a small amount of profit but not $4k profit. Am I wrong to think this?

My sales guys are saying I should of got the car at $500 over invoice. Even going on Infiniti.com and building the car, it came out to $49K and same $310 bw payments. So wheres the hookup, hence why they didnt want me to go home and look over the numbers
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-20-2017 at 05:42 PM.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

This dealer is part of a bigger dealer Go Auto. They are very high priority on customer satisfaction and my manager at work is brothers with the sales manager their and I know some of the corporate managers higher up the chain. I assumed being that I work in the industry, and my manager is brother with the sales manager, they would treat me fairly and do a house kind of deal and make a small amount of profit but not $4k profit. Am I wrong to think this?

My sales guys are saying I should of got the car at $500 over invoice. Even going on Infiniti.com and building the car, it came out to $49K and same $310 bw payments. So wheres the hookup, hence why they didnt want me to go home and look over the numbers
    This reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld when George goes shopping for glasses and tries dropping Kramer's name for a discount and walks out with women's glasses.

Also, when did 7 year terms become a thing?

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    This reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld when George goes shopping for glasses and tries dropping Kramer's name and walks out with women's glasses.

8 year terms seem pretty common these days.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Been around for a long time now. 84 month plan was available when I bought only brand new car in 2005.

So they didn't hold the vehicle for you then?

My Ride
    bus

Ouch, the interest on 7-8 yr loans must be atrocious. I always thought 4-5years was the norm otherwise the vehicle is out of your budget.

My Ride
    NC1

Pretty much they sold me on what monthly payment I wanted, but increased the overall sales price of the car itself to make up. Fellow co-workers who are salesguys at my work are saying I should of got the car for $500-1000 over their invoice price.
    Unfortunately that's biz and the dealer has got to make $$$. Even if you do cost +$500 or $1000 which is really good IMO you gotta pay doc fee, window etch and take on whatever standard package they lumped into the car.

IMO never put down a deposit or whatever unless you are 100% sure on the deal.

End of the day they are never going to tell you the profit because who reveals their hand? lol

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

This reminds me of the episode of Seinfeld when George goes shopping for glasses and tries dropping Kramer's name and walks out with women's glasses.

Not sure if they still offer it, but Dodge used to offer 96 month financing terms, and I seem to remember 9 year terms too.

I put my truck on the 84 month, but I just keep paying extra every month so it won't take that long to pay it off.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride

The vehicle wasn't in their inventory for the color I wanted. They said they have to get it here from the BC port/compound. Said all new Infinitis sit there?

My Ride
    ute

This is very unusual, and I'm surprised. The automotive industry is well known for its generous and ethical behaviour. It's rare to run into an employee - let alone an entire car dealership- that will bend you over and give it to you dry style. Must be some sort of mistake.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Unfortunately that's biz and the dealer has got to make $$$. Even if you do cost +$500 or $1000 which is really good IMO you gotta pay doc fee, window etch and take on whatever standard package they lumped into the car.

IMO never put down a deposit or whatever unless you are 100% sure on the deal.

End of the day they are never going to tell you the profit because who reveals their hand? lol
    Last edited by dj_rice; 08-23-2017 at 11:57 PM.

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    8 year terms seem pretty common these days.

I chose the 7 year term for the low bi weekly payments with adding 0 down. If I went 5 year down, I'd have to put money down. I have some in the bank but would rather keep for rainy day. He also said its an open ended term so I just have to Finance the car for 6 months at least, and then after that I can pay off the car entirely if I want which was the plan as I was going to increase payments and lump sums every year.

- - - Updated - - -

I see what you did there LOL

Page 1 of 19 1 2 11 ... LastLast