Quantcast
Dad bod / husky / bigboy clothes - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Dad bod / husky / bigboy clothes

My Ride
    4x4

Default Dad bod / husky / bigboy clothes

Ok, help me out folks...

Needing to update wardrobe, closet is still full of Carhartt dickies and other more work style gear and I need something more business casual. And a little less slovenly.

When I look online - everything suggested to bigger men - is blazer/sweater & really looking odd to me. Stuff I've never really seen people wear around town (that said I don't go downtown much)

I'm usually wearing jeans and a button up shirt, but shirts are getting old and collars aren't crisp etc so time to invest but this all is so confusing...

I'm not huge, but definitely bigger, 6'2" - 42 waist - 18½ neck, but yes I have very broad shoulders.

What the heck do I start looking at buying?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Try marks. Or shop online at the bay and buy a couple sizes of each item and then return the ones that don't fit at any bay store hassle free. Shopping in store is frustrating, but the website let's you filter by size.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Making popcorn for the inevitable over the top replies.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Lease

Have you try Big and Tall

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Good luck, I'm not huge either but at 6 foot 1" with a lean weight of 240, my proportions mean buying too large so critical areas fit (thighs/ass of pants, shoulders of shirts/dress jackets, etc) and then getting things tailored. Beyond casual pants and Tshirts/sweaters it's difficult to find off the rack fit.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    4x4

Yes I've tried big n tall, their suggestions were definitely to the Poofy? Side... not that there's anything wrong with that - but yeah. Wasn't impressed or comfortable. And stupid $

Marks has been mostly miss - I can find workwear that fits but nothing in the more casual clothes. Usually have issues with shoulders needing 2-3 sizes bigger, then it looks like a damn moomoo. Yeah - tailor needed I'll have to sort that out...

I'm having just a hard time putting together a shopping list of basics to look for, this isn't normal for me...

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

You need to find a shop or two whose window displays have things you like the look of then go in and ask for help. Likely fare better in a private mens store than a mall chain.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Try online?
    A quick search turns up some choices...just inform yourself of their return policies.
    This store is based in Québec...so duties won't be an issue. I have no experience with this site, but maybe it will have what you're looking for?

https://www.maximusxl.ca/en
    Last edited by bleu; 09-04-2017 at 06:21 PM.

FLash Sale at The Bay online only for upto 50% off dress shirts. Today only.
    I'd pick out say, 10 of them (make sure the return policy is allowed on these shirts, the bay is usually really good for this) order, try them on and see what you like, keep a few and can return the rest usually to any Bay store.
    If you're concerened on sizing, go to a good men's clothing store and get your measurments taken and keep them on hand.

My opinion, is spend the $ on a nice blazer jacket with a decent pattern that goes with Jeans. Then can eventually pick up a few decent dress shirts and toss on the tailored blazer and you'll look baller.

Try The Gap outlet in Deerfoot Meadows. They have sizes up to XXL and into the 40's. Lots of good normal everyday clothes as well as business casual/sweaters/khakis and it's cheap, always 40-85% off depending on the day. I'm not a big guy but I like their stretch khakis a lot, so comfy. The Banana Republic outlet is right next door too if you need to dress it up another notch. Not sure if it will work for you but might be worth a look.

If you need actual dress shirts and dress pants, just go custom. Dress shirts are ~$70 and dress pants are around $150-$200. You can get custom Khakis too.

My Ride
    ATS, XC90

What's your timeline like? Maxwell's is good. Looks like they're back in Calgary in November, which would mean probably January-ish delivery of your order. http://www.maxwellsclothiers.com/
    They're a custom tailoring company, reasonable prices. They set up shop in a hotel for a couple days, you go in and pick your materials, they measure you, then send you your custom clothes a few weeks later (6-8? can't remember exactly).

The best thing is they store your measurements so as long as you stay relatively the same size, you can just go online and order more shirts/pants with different designs/materials, anytime you want, in whatever price range you want. I ordered 3 shirts from them a few years back, they were great. It's not a short-term solution, but may be something to think about over the long run.

Moores is pretty good for some larger items. Jeans etc

My Ride
    4x4

Gotta get back to this, story of my life lately - sidetracked by emergency...

Required me to get a suit, quite happy with that purchase.

Grabbed a few shirts, a funky blazer I have no Effin clue what I'd do with (brown/green - depends if you're in natural or artificial light as to which it looks).

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

Im a very similair size. I typically find the Jones New York shirts fit well from Moore's and Mark's. Pants are a bitch, I found a few random pairs from diffrent brands at Nordstrums in chinook that fit well. But paid about 200/pair for the pleasure. Suits I find good luck with the Calvin Klein styles again at Moore's. But its hit and miss since they are typically jean sized off the rack and hem.if required.

Big boy myself... Costco for Jeans believe it or not. Comfy as fuck! Marks for T's. Suit I had custom Tailored.

My Ride
    4x4

Actually Sears at south center today had some bigger size dress shirts for 20-30$ each. Looked like 40-50 but till was less so?

Name:  cee6faeaad4ffcedc115983ff0d6e1e0.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  56.7 KB
    Ok so that sport coat is olive (yeah I got edumakated today lol) i think that's the look I like. I can't find a chunkier gingham shirt that fits that I can afford... (Found one, 170$, but definitely needed some tailoring, more than any other shirt I tried on today). Have to check around online, and never did get to old Navy...
    Last edited by AndyL; 09-10-2017 at 09:23 PM.