Quantcast
Trying to decide on Used: C400, C450 or new C43 - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Trying to decide on Used: C400, C450 or new C43

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I had the C63 over a year and sold it for $1000 less than I bought it for. That depreciation does not offset the cost of filling my gas tank 70L with premium fuel to only get 350KM-400KM/tank.

I generally don't switch vehicles too often. I had my XB for 7 years but having had a taste of that AMG life i'm eager to go back.
    All fair. Wasn't really meaning the C63, was more referring to the X1 and then now switching back to another vehicle. And $1k of fuel certainly does pay for the offset for one year, pretty simple math (unless you are driving 50k + per year). You obviously have the money for it to be worthwhile. Beyond Ballerz are funny about money sometimes.

My Ride
    M3P

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    All fair. Wasn't really meaning the C63, was more referring to the X1 and then now switching back to another vehicle. And $1k of fuel certainly does pay for the offset for one year, pretty simple math (unless you are driving 50k + per year). You obviously have the money for it to be worthwhile. Beyond Ballerz are funny about money sometimes.
    Please show your math.

The X1 was used and bought at wholesale price - looking at the pricing on the market now I could fire sell and make a couple bucks but i would likely trade to the dealer and negate some of the GST from the sale price...

I am by no means a baller, on beyond or otherwise but your assumption is well received! Thanks!

C43 was odd for me. It honestly felt slow compared to my 335 even thought it should have been much faster, the sound was horrible, and overall it just didn't do it for me. Maybe it wasn't in the right setting or something, but it definitely did not live up to the rave reviews. Very nice interior though.

Best of luck

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

likely had it in the wrong setting, I have owned a tuned 335xi and the C43 was hands down faster. In comfort mode is its sluggish and boring that's for sure.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by dimi View Post
    C43 was odd for me. It honestly felt slow compared to my 335 even thought it should have been much faster, the sound was horrible, and overall it just didn't do it for me. Maybe it wasn't in the right setting or something, but it definitely did not live up to the rave reviews. Very nice interior though.

Best of luck
    Turbo lag.

Sometimes the car think you don't need it and decided to keep rev low and save fuel. S+ is better trying to keep rev up but still doesn't do it 100% of the time if the car knows you are in stop and go traffic.

My Ride
    M3P

I ignored all the advice in this thread and bought a C400 lol.

The price was right and it had all the options that I wanted. I'm thinking of getting a tune done or getting a JB4 Piggyback to wake it up.

We'll see - I still have 6 months warranty so I'll likely wait until the spring to do that - Any other mods, or suggestions from any W205 owners?

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I never tuned mine as the warranty destruction was a deal breaker for me. It's a very comfortable car but very sluggish. Suspension, tune, exhaust would be my recommendations to improve it which is essentially what they did for the c43.

My Ride
    M3P

Yeah - I've been looking into exhaust options but I am not too sure on them yet, Berger tuning is developing an Air Intake system that actually provides gains in conjunction with JB4.

We'll see what happens, I do miss the burple of the C63 and the downshift blips

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2