Quantcast
Costco Tire Dept: called few times but no answer...open hours? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Costco Tire Dept: called few times but no answer...open hours?

My Ride
    *The First*

Quote Originally Posted by mikestypes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Costco has this fancy new thing called the internet where you can order your tires and have them sent to the center of your choice. Once they get there, a costco employee phones you to make an appointment. Drop your car off at the appointment time, go for a shop, and drive your car home with new tires. It was painless when I did it this summer and significantly cheaper than anywhere else.
    Correct, just let me fill in some blanks for the current experience.
    Order tires September 17 online and tires arrive at store October 2 because I'm guessing they hired four small children to roll them here from Toronto. They did NOT call me to book - you have to book yourself either online by creating a new profile that's for some reason completely unattached to your existing Costco online profile, or, call them to book. Note that they don't answer their phone, so the other option is actually to go to the store. Earliest available appointment is Tuesday, October 22 at 14:00.
    I still have traditional employment so the best option for me is to drop that car off nice & early that morning and still make it to work on time. I try to call to find out if early drop off is an option or even if I could leave it there the night before. Although they have a phone, they literally will not answer it. I tried about 8 times throughout the day. I necromancer this thread on a car forum to see if anyone knows the deal, but I was too late to get help from that either.
    I get stuck leaving it there as early as possible which was 09:00 which turns into 09:35 by the time they sift through the mental giants that have been standing outside their door 90 minutes before I got there. Now I'm late as fuck for work.
    If I missed yesterday's appointment, I would've had to wait until November 28 for the next available booking. This still isn't anywhere near as busy as they will get because it's still above 0° and there is no snow on the ground. I believe the day I ordered the tires it was 17° outside so I'm not hugely disorganized but that two week shipping bullshit is what fucked me. It took 5 weeks from the time I clicked [Confirm Order] until my tires were on. I think that's pretty poor for someone ordering massively common winter tires in a normal size in mid September.

I'm sure your summer experience was better but don't be fooled into thinking it's like that all the time.
    Last edited by ThePenIsMightier; 10-23-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2