Quantcast
Hey you kids, GET OFF MY LAWN - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey you kids, GET OFF MY LAWN

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

Default Hey you kids, GET OFF MY LAWN

so just curious. If you were a home owner between house A and house B, would you give neighborhood kids grief for walking along the pink outline I have drawn? Yes, there is a sidewalk on the opposite side of the street. No, the kids are not riding bikes or anything like that, but walking and travelling between house A and house B.

No, this is not my house, just a random selection that i found was oriented right. This is just for discussion only, no this didn't happen to my kids or any one that I know.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    NC1

seems like a non issue to me. if they ran across the lawn of 4 homes and hurdled the bushes for fun yea I can see that be annoying but walking along the edge? lol

Kids have a tendency not to look when they cross the road. I'd personally much rather see kids having fun running across my lawn than have them putting themselves at risk out on the street. Not to mention the grumpy owner would have to keep a better eye out for kids running onto the road when they drive down their street. just my opinion

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

What's with some houses not having a sidewalk out front? Terrible design.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Seen this issue in Evansridge...I wouldn't personally buy house like this but they do exist, if you buy one, you probably don't care... But ya, kids today, no respect. One of our pet peeves was dog owners, on leash and off leash, who let their dogs run free all along the lawns shitting and peeing.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    That's how they roll in the 'burbs.
    Will fuck off, again.

Walking = no issues. Playing games and doing parkour over the bushes and garden, f.. no. That is when the garden hoses come out. We are in a cul-de-sac 20 houses deep with no sidewalks on either side and road is narrow and quite steep so I'm fine with kids walking on the grass but luckily we don't have that issue cause we are at the end.
    Last edited by botox; 09-10-2017 at 06:57 PM.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Considering that most property boundaries dont start until around a metre back of sidewalk, I wouldnt care a whole lot.

Over the years a lot of justifications to not building them have come about:

'It makes the area feel more rural.' (It isn't urban but suburban has a pejorative connotation, so this sounds better for our marketing material)

'Sidewalks, like those urban streets have?' (Classy neighborhoods don't need a pedestrian realm like those poor urban areas)

'It is actually safer.' (It discourages walking, meaning you have less pedestrians which means less accidents involving pedestrians therefore it is safer. If a car hits a person we know who will win, the only safe way to walk around is to not walk around at all)

'There isn't any thru traffic here, it's safe to walk in the street' (It saves money not building sidewalks and we designed the sub-division to ensure the only people driving here, live here,

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    Seen this issue in Evansridge...I wouldn't personally buy house like this but they do exist, if you buy one, you probably don't care... But ya, kids today, no respect. One of our pet peeves was dog owners, on leash and off leash, who let their dogs run free all along the lawns shitting and peeing.
    What do you mean kids today lol. I know I didn't think about someone precious grass as a kid and I know my parents generation didn't either. It's just kids lol. Then people get old and jaded and forget what it's like to be young so they think kids have changed.

Also looking at my property report I don't believe in the city you actually own right up the road or the sidewalk as it's part of the road setback. Therefore you don't have any "juristiction" over the edge of your yard haha

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    Name:  7341189.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  22.2 KB
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by kertejud2 View Post
    Over the years a lot of justifications to not building them have come about:

'It makes the area feel more rural.' (It isn't urban but suburban has a pejorative connotation, so this sounds better for our marketing material)

'Sidewalks, like those urban streets have?' (Classy neighborhoods don't need a pedestrian realm like those poor urban areas)

'It is actually safer.' (It discourages walking, meaning you have less pedestrians which means less accidents involving pedestrians therefore it is safer. If a car hits a person we know who will win, the only safe way to walk around is to not walk around at all)

'There isn't any thru traffic here, it's safe to walk in the street' (It saves money not building sidewalks and we designed the sub-division to ensure the only people driving here, live here,
    This has city development policy for literally decades. Decades. Fuck, some parts of downtown didn't have sidewalks for decades. Decades.

I'm not even sure it's been changed. Literally no one noticed until somebody (not the usual suspects) brought it up a few years ago.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Or the best design if you hate snow.

I got these, people just walk on the road and it doesn't really matter anyway because it's a cul-de-sac. Little to no traffic.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    What do you mean kids today lol. I know I didn't think about someone precious grass as a kid and I know my parents generation didn't either. It's just kids lol. Then people get old and jaded and forget what it's like to be young so they think kids have changed.
    Explains a lot about the way you post/think.

It certainly was drilled into my (and most of my peers) heads' when young to stay the f*&k off other people's property, because it is their's, and not yours.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post

Thaco is offline sucks off little boys (ya, don't fuck with rage2 bitch!!!)
    My Ride
    Rage2

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post

It certainly was drilled into my (and most of my peers) heads' when young to stay the f*&k off other people's property, because it is their's, and not yours.
    i was taught the same, but i was also taught to not walk down the road... I'd understand if they were jumping fences and going through your backyard or whatever, but come on, they're just skirting someone's lawn....
    User title molested by Rage2.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    It's not the size that matters, it's the taste it leaves in your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    No logic, thought, input, etc from cult member...

My Ride
    3.5L 7th Gen Accord

I think the way you have drawn it out it makes sense, I wouldn't take issue with it, as the are trying to skirt along the edge of the lawn.

It would be a different story if they were running right across in front of the houses I think.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

What kind of boredom are you currently languishing in that this becomes something you would think about if it wasn't directly related to an experience? lol
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    2005 F350

wow, i can't believe how people can get their panties in a bunch over kids walking on their grass...

unless the kids are actually doing real damage to my lawn (digging with a shovel, dog shit), i couldn't care less if they walk past my house on the grass, play, run across, etc.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast