Quantcast
Audi R8... the R is now for RWD! - Page 6 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Audi R8... the R is now for RWD!

My Ride
    ute

I actually like vipers.

But comparing a gallardo to a new r8 rws is just silly.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I’d only pick up a viper if it was an ACR.

People don’t understand the RWS is an exact lp580-2 huracan twin. There’s a reason the R8 costs about 40% more than the previous generation, all the parts are identical to Lamborghini now.
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 12-09-2018 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I actually like vipers.

But comparing a gallardo to a new r8 rws is just silly.
    In what way is it silly? They're both in the same category, very likely to cross shopped together.

My Ride
    Changes everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post
    I’d only pick up a viper if it was an ACR.

People don’t understand the RWS is an exact lp580-2 huracan twin. There’s a reason the R8 costs about 40% more than the previous generation, all the parts are identical to Lamborghini now.
    DO you winter drive yours? Or have you had it out on the streets recently? I do want to take a look at one. It is identical to the 580-2, just cheaper version. I am inclined to purchase on in the next year or 1.5 time frame.

You are right, can't compare a Viper to the R8. Two different vehicles, that is like comparing the Hellcat to the Viper. Different drivetrain and vehicles.

I have not yet seen the 2017+ in person, is the exhaust note very aggressive compared to the previous gen?

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

No way lol, not here anyways. I will be driving it over the winter on Vancouver island but not in Calgary. I’m sure you wouldn’t have any issues If you were inclined to though.

I had to put on a titanium exhaust after a couple of weeks because the stock non-sports exhaust was not loud enough for me. The sports exhaust that you can option on the Non-RWS models is way more agressive than the previous gen, nothing but the aventador beats it imo.

Quote Originally Posted by black300 View Post
    DO you winter drive yours? Or have you had it out on the streets recently? I do want to take a look at one. It is identical to the 580-2, just cheaper version. I am inclined to purchase on in the next year or 1.5 time frame.

You are right, can't compare a Viper to the R8. Two different vehicles, that is like comparing the Hellcat to the Viper. Different drivetrain and vehicles.

I have not yet seen the 2017+ in person, is the exhaust note very aggressive compared to the previous gen?

If you're looking at something for Alberta specifically, the Audi isn't a bad choice. Besides saving some money over the Lambo, AFAIK you can still have servicing done at an Audi dealer.

You can compare whatever you please when you're about to make a big purchase like this. I don't really understand the pretentious attitudes of some people that still can't wrap their head around comparing luxury cars to a "Dodge"? It's a pure drivers car, with a real manual transmission, 650hp, and runs similar times to any other supercar. Why is not comparable? To each their own, I just know as someone who has actually spent their money on these things, I definitely consider it comparable. I looked at the R8 at the time, cool car no doubt, but for the same price I could get something new instead of used that would be reliable and mop the floor with the Audi. Generally I only hear attitudes like this from people who have never driven a Viper, let alone been in one.

The new R8 has made some headway. But it still seems crazy in my mind to spend that kind of money on an almost Lambo.

My Ride
    ute

You saying that you don't understand why people criticize your purchase, and then you go on to criticize other's purchases. Okay then.

I said I like Vipers, but no way am I buying one. Interior quality isn't great. It's not comfortable. It's not refined to drive. If you want a Viper, you may as well get a Vette, and do the bargain supercar thing even better.

My Ride
    Changes everyday...

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    If you're looking at something for Alberta specifically, the Audi isn't a bad choice. Besides saving some money over the Lambo, AFAIK you can still have servicing done at an Audi dealer.

You can compare whatever you please when you're about to make a big purchase like this. I don't really understand the pretentious attitudes of some people that still can't wrap their head around comparing luxury cars to a "Dodge"? It's a pure drivers car, with a real manual transmission, 650hp, and runs similar times to any other supercar. Why is not comparable? To each their own, I just know as someone who has actually spent their money on these things, I definitely consider it comparable. I looked at the R8 at the time, cool car no doubt, but for the same price I could get something new instead of used that would be reliable and mop the floor with the Audi. Generally I only hear attitudes like this from people who have never driven a Viper, let alone been in one.

The new R8 has made some headway. But it still seems crazy in my mind to spend that kind of money on an almost Lambo.
    You are right all cars are different. But I am not looking for acceleration alone. I want the drive of a sports car but yet some thing I can drive to downtown without putting much effort. If I wanted speed or power I would purchase a Z06. Much better car than the R8 considering the value and the hp. But at the same time I cannot justify a pure sports car. It wouldn’t fit my needs.

Bavarian.. I may have to take a look at yours if possible to hear those exhaust notes. I was honestly leaning towards the AWD and not the RWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    You saying that you don't understand why people criticize your purchase, and then you go on to criticize other's purchases. Okay then.

I said I like Vipers, but no way am I buying one. Interior quality isn't great. It's not comfortable. It's not refined to drive. If you want a Viper, you may as well get a Vette, and do the bargain supercar thing even better.
    WTF are you talking about? Go ahead and criticize all you want, I have no stake in the cars sales figures, and no ego tied up in the purchase. I was just offering some insight from someone who has been in the purchasing position. The comments were that you can't compare a Viper to an R8, which is absurd.

Interior quality is actually very good. Again, it appears you would be one of the people speaking from a position of experiencing a 10 year old Viper and now you know all you need to know. As far as a Vette goes, I don't know why anyone would want a sub par vehicle from a quality perspective, for the same money? To each their own though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by black300 View Post
    You are right all cars are different. But I am not looking for acceleration alone. I want the drive of a sports car but yet some thing I can drive to downtown without putting much effort. If I wanted speed or power I would purchase a Z06. Much better car than the R8 considering the value and the hp. But at the same time I cannot justify a pure sports car. It wouldn’t fit my needs.

Bavarian.. I may have to take a look at yours if possible to hear those exhaust notes. I was honestly leaning towards the AWD and not the RWS.
    In that case the R8 seems like it would be right up your alley. I don't know how good the newer ones are as far as shifting goes? But the Original V10 with DCT was pretty rough and slow shifting I found. I know it would make me crazy to drive in traffic.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Yeah, you don’t buy an R8 if all you want is a fast car. My TTRS with a few bolt ons will destroy my R8 RWS, so did my supercharged e92 m3.

Sounds like a perfect choice for you black300, and agree that the Quattro version would better suit you.

Send me a PM if your on the island this winter, I’d be happy to show it to you. It will be back in Calgary sometime in May too.

Here’s a super crappy video of the car with the exhaust. Wind and shitty camera does not do it any justice.

https://vimeo.com/305555860
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 12-10-2018 at 12:34 PM.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Looking at buying this wing, any thoughts? Too much?

http://vorsteiner.com/application/au...s-aero-wing/#1

My Ride
    ute

this is one of those situations where your buddy asks you for your opinion on his new girlfriend, you tell hiim the truth, and then he ends up marrying her.

Having said that:

Friends don't let friends Vorsteiner their cars.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

Actually not bad, $4K for carbon wing sounds about right, and you don't need to paint it!
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Are you losing traction at high speeds currently?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

I actually don't mind that wing. Have you seen how it looks in person?

My Ride
    2015 IS350 F Sport

meh ......
    "if you disagree with my views are cannot adequately my criticism then ignore my posts." - Nusc

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Are you losing traction at high speeds currently?
    People buy wings for performance reasons?

News to me
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

People buy wings for performance reasons?

News to me
    Ya know, if you want it to look better that big canadian tire on 36th street NE has a great selection of automotive accessories.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Ya know, if you want it to look better that big canadian tire on 36th street NE has a great selection of automotive accessories.
    I think I need a giant towel rack for my truck.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    ute

The rear wheel drive R8 is now a standard base model, not a limited series car.

Decent pricing still, too.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast