Quantcast
Danielle Smith on AM770 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Danielle Smith on AM770

Default Danielle Smith on AM770

Danielle Smith on AM770 - my god she is a complete idiot at times. Now I realize that radio talk shows hire people like her because they are somewhat controversial and build ratings but her criticism of the whole fire situation down Waterton Park way yesterday made her sound like a big buffoon. Jumping to a number of conclusions despite not having pretty much any facts to substantiate what she was stating. I'll bet today that she will not make one peep about her chatter yesterday and will instead find a new target/scapegoat for her ire with respect to the Waterton situation and that's if she even goes down that path - she may just pretend nothing's happening down there anymore and move on to a new topic. It's not worth it to call in the show either because they don't put you on live and they twist the questions they ask you on your phone call to try to make you look silly or them better.

Thank god she is not leading our province - I remember her being so vocal about candidates leaving up their election signage after the last election she was running in and yet a semi-trailer with her face and campaign shit emblazoned across the side of it sat along side of Highway 2 east of Okotoks for months after that election. Pot calling the kettle black.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Do you think she's substantially worse than other local talk radio hosts? Or even talk radio hosts in other markets?

I've always thought that was the kind of job where you'd end up reading stuff off the page for hours on end without ever getting time to think about anything or really formulate your own opinions. Basically a humanoid robot.

I know If I talked for that many hours a day in front of a microphone everyone's high opinion of me would drop pretty quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Fuck this bitch.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Her job is provide entertainment by stirring the pot and enraging the masses. Looks like she's actually pretty good at it?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

Coles notes?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    Coles notes?
    People find female talk news personalty more annoying than they would a man of similar view point and skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    People find female talk news personalty more annoying than they would a man of similar view point and skill.
    I actually do not care what the gender of the talk radio host is but just that they substantiate their stance with some actual facts. Danielle was way off base yesterday.
    Will fuck off, again.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:19 AM.

She's always been annoying every time she opens her mouth.
    Even when she was an active party leader rarely did anything intelligent come out of it.

My Ride
    something green

I didn't really care for the Rob and Roger duo, however I really thought Breakenridge would get the morning slot.. Danielle Smith still talks like she was trying to save the province instead of just jumping at the chance to be in government..
    And yes she does come off as weak, right when you expect her to go for the jugular, she wraps up an interview with kind words, then slips in a few slights afterwards.. It leaves me always thinking, " why didn't you nail XXX with that when you them on the phone?" Rutherford would just go right at it, and even Breakenridge shows that tendency once in a while.. All in all I think QR has gone with a much softer approach to talk with its hosts.. I'm not diggin Gord Gillies in the morning either, Bruce Kenyon had the nuts to speak his mind, listening to Gord makes you wonder if he has nuts...Listening to him and Jordan Witzel, its like they are trying to talk a cat out of a tree instead of doing news reporting...
    Too loud for Aspen

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    I'm not diggin Gord Gillies in the morning either, Bruce Kenyon had the nuts to speak his mind, listening to Gord makes you wonder if he has nuts...Listening to him and Jordan Witzel, its like they are trying to talk a cat out of a tree instead of doing news reporting...
    Wonder why Gord left Global News. He seems like softie and was perfect for that kind of role over talk radio.

I think Gord lost his job. And yeah, he's soooo gentle on the radio. I just want to grab his head and give him a noogie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Do you think she's substantially worse than other local talk radio hosts? Or even talk radio hosts in other markets?

I've always thought that was the kind of job where you'd end up reading stuff off the page for hours on end without ever getting time to think about anything or really formulate your own opinions. Basically a humanoid robot.

I know If I talked for that many hours a day in front of a microphone everyone's high opinion of me would drop pretty quickly.
    You really, really need to listen to her sometime.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Still wondering what Danielle's controversial criticisms of the Watertown fire situation were.

Being hyper critical and lambasting anyone involved with the evacuation/notification efforts on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning when she was completely unaware of the actual on the ground situation. A fire that tripled in size overnight and advanced over 15km as well - I've seen how fast forest fires can move and I've fought grass fires in the Lethbridge area and when it's very windy like it can be down in southern Alberta, sometimes it's all you can do is to try to stay out of the way of the fire and these men and women had to do that as well as get people out.

I do not think updating Danielle Smith was anywhere near the top of their priorities that crazy night but apparently it should have been. It's unfortunate that people who put their lives in peril to get others out aren't appreciated or acknowledged by Danielle, just criticized and today, not a peep that I heard with respect to her doing so or even apologizing.

Cow.
    Will fuck off, again.

Ah one of those "why didn't they evacuate all of houston during Harvey" types.

Yea pisses me right off when people external to a situation do that.

Especially when they have zero experience in what they are criticizing. "Everyone has a plan until they are punched in the mouth"

My Ride
    '14 Taco

remember when she told the reporter to piss off cause she was done with public life...what happened with that?!

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Quote Originally Posted by Brent.ff View Post
    remember when she told the reporter to piss off cause she was done with public life...what happened with that?!
    Um, she apologized?

My Ride
    '14 Taco

more about the done with being in the public eye ... Just wish that had stayed true

My Ride
    Turbo stuff

A pissed off listener is one that isn't gonna turn the dial.

Also, beyond really is old as fuck, all y'all AM radio listening motherfuckers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast