Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 34 of 34

Thread: Danielle Smith on AM770

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,014
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    A pissed off listener is one that isn't gonna turn the dial.

    Also, beyond really is old as fuck, all y'all AM radio listening motherfuckers.
    beyond is old as fuck, most of you are in your 20-30's, some maybe in their early 40's. Shit that's still young. 80-90's is old as fuck, man the whining on here will be ridiculous in another 10 years.
    Moran supreme

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Food Court Wifi
    My Ride
    2010 Recession Fighter LX
    Posts
    4,047
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    I'm doing my best to increase the number of angry old man posts.
    Help me figure out what to do with my life. Suggestions?
    ExtraSlow's next career - Need suggestions and assistance

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    calgary
    My Ride
    2g Eclipse / EP3
    Posts
    3,325
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
    A pissed off listener is one that isn't gonna turn the dial.
    Really? I turned off all mass/corporate media years ago. Never again.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Food Court Wifi
    My Ride
    2010 Recession Fighter LX
    Posts
    4,047
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Ckua pretty much exclusively for me brother.
    Help me figure out what to do with my life. Suggestions?
    ExtraSlow's next career - Need suggestions and assistance

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,034
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxt View Post
    I didn't really care for the Rob and Roger duo, however I really thought Breakenridge would get the morning slot.. Danielle Smith still talks like she was trying to save the province instead of just jumping at the chance to be in government..
    Kenyon should have his own show.

    Roy Green and Smith are my favorites.

    Brakenridge is cool but his intros are way too long and repetitive. "The callers are like, "FFS Rob, shut up and get to the phones".

    Smith?

    A cow?, a bitch? No, that's Redford.

    In years of listening to Smith's positions, she's a down to earth lady in which her accompaniments are vast,yet ignored and often diminished by the male.

    BTW- Fuck you.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    BoostLand
    My Ride
    something green
    Posts
    1,660
    Rep Power
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    Kenyon should have his own show.

    Roy Green and Smith are my favorites.

    Brakenridge is cool but his intros are way too long and repetitive. "The callers are like, "FFS Rob, shut up and get to the phones".

    Smith?

    A cow?, a bitch? No, that's Redford.

    In years of listening to Smith's positions, she's a down to earth lady in which her accompaniments are vast,yet ignored and often diminished by the male.

    BTW- Fuck you.
    The best memory I have of her , is the look on her face when she lost the Pc nomination to Carrie Fischer... No sympathy for her whatsoever...
    1987 T62R 20b FC Quaife seq 6sp Motec m800
    1988 20B Peripheral port FC3S
    1994 T51r Kai BB Peripheral port FD

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Food Court Wifi
    My Ride
    2010 Recession Fighter LX
    Posts
    4,047
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Help me figure out what to do with my life. Suggestions?
    ExtraSlow's next career - Need suggestions and assistance

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    2,014
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    How do you figure this is totally relevant - never once was I critical of Danielle in this thread that I started because she is a woman. I was critical of the way she performed her job and nothing else - you are more than welcome to prove me wrong.
    Moran supreme

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    How do you figure this is totally relevant - never once was I critical of Danielle in this thread that I started because she is a woman. I was critical of the way she performed her job and nothing else - you are more than welcome to prove me wrong.
    I don't think it's meant as an insult. I don't believe most people consciously do it. I will personally admit I do often feel more negatively towards female presenters than males, I consciously fight my subjectivity but I think the fact than many see men as more authority figures than women is based in genetic not cultural or personal biases. cultural biases amplify the effect of course but I think it's really important to be able to admit you have these unconscious biases and not try to ignore it. The SJWs would criticize people for it but it doesn't make you a bad person obviously.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    1,034
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    I don't think it's meant as an insult. I don't believe most people consciously do it. I will personally admit I do often feel more negatively towards female presenters than males, I consciously fight my subjectivity but I think the fact than many see men as more authority figures than women is based in genetic not cultural or personal biases. cultural biases amplify the effect of course but I think it's really important to be able to admit you have these unconscious biases and not try to ignore it. The SJWs would criticize people for it but it doesn't make you a bad person obviously.
    I couldn't care less to the gender of the presenter.

    In specific regards to Smith, the only thing I find annoying about her, is her habit of often starting a sentence with a high pitched and shrill tone on the first word. However, I don't find it nearly as annoying as Brakenridge's repetitiveness and constant, "I don't knows".

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Food Court Wifi
    My Ride
    2010 Recession Fighter LX
    Posts
    4,047
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    It's really hard for a person to examine the "reasons behind the reasons" for thier own thinking. However I don't think it's controversial to say that it's commonly for people to have stronger criticism of females in media, politics or industry than a male of similar skills.

    I know speedo is a good guy, and I'm not accusing an individual of sexism in this situation, however it's hard to think that every beyond.ca member is immune to social effects that are studied and widely common.
    Help me figure out what to do with my life. Suggestions?
    ExtraSlow's next career - Need suggestions and assistance

  12. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    424
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    It's really hard for a person to examine the "reasons behind the reasons" for thier own thinking. However I don't think it's controversial to say that it's commonly for people to have stronger criticism of females in media, politics or industry than a male of similar skills.

    I know speedo is a good guy, and I'm not accusing an individual of sexism in this situation, however it's hard to think that every beyond.ca member is immune to social effects that are studied and widely common.
    speedo-man.jpg

  13. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Food Court Wifi
    My Ride
    2010 Recession Fighter LX
    Posts
    4,047
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    That is an actual photo. Guy is in great shape for someone of his advanced age . . . .
    Help me figure out what to do with my life. Suggestions?
    ExtraSlow's next career - Need suggestions and assistance

  14. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    calgary
    Posts
    1,284
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    I couldn't care less to the gender of the presenter.

    In specific regards to Smith, the only thing I find annoying about her, is her habit of often starting a sentence with a high pitched and shrill tone on the first word. However, I don't find it nearly as annoying as Brakenridge's repetitiveness and constant, "I don't knows".

    I think you believe that on the surface. But you follow up "I could care less the gender" with hating an attribute specific to females ie higher pitched voice that sounds "shrill" to you.

    People have way more biases than they think. It's not wrong, it's natural but pretending you're completely objective is a bit of self deception

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. Pedestrians and crosswalks (Matt from beyond on AM770)

    By speedog in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 53
    Latest Threads: 12-08-2015, 07:23 PM
  2. Danielle Smith loses PC nomination!

    By 01RedDX in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 32
    Latest Threads: 03-31-2015, 02:03 PM
  3. Climate Change Unproven: Danielle Smith Wildrose Alliance Leader

    By kenny in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 40
    Latest Threads: 12-09-2009, 07:36 PM
  4. FS: Rare High End Paul Reed Smith Guitar

    By Mckenzie in forum Miscellaneous Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 18
    Latest Threads: 03-19-2004, 05:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •