Quantcast
House cleaning - Maid services - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: House cleaning - Maid services

My Ride
    M5 Competition

Default House cleaning - Maid services

Looking for a good maid service for cleaning our house on a regular basis.

Who do you use/recommend?

Considering Mango Maids currently.

My Ride
    NC1

Neat Freak
    Maids in Blue

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Neat Freak
    Maids in Blue
    Used to be part owner in Neatfreak. Left the business a few years ago but still use them for cleaning.

Maids in Blue is a beyonder-owned cleaning company that does good work. Definitely worth talking to!

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Cleaning maids are $30/hr at the most /w supplies.

How the hell do these companies get by charging $300 for a 2 hour clean on an inner city bungalow?

^^ Yep. I know not all cleaners are the same but paying that much is insane. Im pretty sure i recommended these guys before in another cleaning thread but i will guarantee you wont find a better deal/job for what you pay.

Krista-403-991-4082. $25.00 an hour including supplies.
    Thats the owner and shes got a couple crews that work for her. The first couple years we normally booked so that someone could be home but now we just have them come while were gone and go through the garage with the key pad.

I know a few people with maids and so far the aftermath of every expensive/overpriced cleaning job I have seen missed all the areas you actually want to pay someone to clean (blinds, light fixtures, baseboards/mouldings, fans, wall switches, tops of cupboards, behind appliances, etc.) Literally the first places I checked weren't cleaned. High traffic areas like floors/counters/bathrooms take no time at all to clean, and they probably need cleaning often enough that you can't just leave them alone until your next $300 appointment. What is unskilled labor worth these days? $15-20/hr + bulk supplies? Finding a cleaner by the hour seems like a much better way to go about it.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If you want someone to clean those places you do need to be pretty specific. Nest freak does a top to bottom clean, which hits all of those areas, but boy is it a lot of hours and money!
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

A semi-detached home from 89Coupe (hahahaha)
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I know a few people with maids and so far the aftermath of every expensive/overpriced cleaning job I have seen missed all the areas you actually want to pay someone to clean (blinds, light fixtures, baseboards/mouldings, fans, wall switches, tops of cupboards, behind appliances, etc.) Literally the first places I checked weren't cleaned. High traffic areas like floors/counters/bathrooms take no time at all to clean, and they probably need cleaning often enough that you can't just leave them alone until your next $300 appointment. What is unskilled labor worth these days? $15-20/hr + bulk supplies? Finding a cleaner by the hour seems like a much better way to go about it.
    This was 3-4 years ago, so I don't recall the exact details, but essentially that was my experience with Neat Freak. We booked their "top-to-bottom, whip your house into shape" initial cleaning package for something like $500. They did an OK job on the high-traffic areas and completely missed everything else. That was the end of that and we ended up hiring the same hourly lady the neighbours use. However, she's moving at the end of the month, so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

My Ride
    2011 Ralliart SB

We had Aspen clean come in this week for the first time. 4 ladies came in and blitzed the place over an hour and a half. Bill came to $230.
    Few areas missed but overall they did a great job. Now we can just point out specific problem areas for follow up visits every 2 weeks.

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

Kinda-bump:

Has anyone here actually used the maids in blue outfit? We currently are using MaidPro every two weeks and the quality of work is good but the office struggles with proper scheduling. $170 for 2400 sq. ft. house with an additional bedroom & bathroom in the basement is probably about right for pricing (or maybe not, who knows). What I'm not happy with is that we've got a recurring appointment for the same day & time every second week and it seems like every three or four cycles something goes wrong and they have to reschedule. Is this just something I have to learn to live with or are these guys just disorganized?
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

I have been with the same place (Dust Queen - not sure if they are just Edmonton...) for about 5 years and I think they have only rescheduled once or twice. I am typically the one moving the date around.

With a company I would expect that they can stick to a schedule.