Quantcast
Official Genesis thread. WAS:2019 Hyundai G70 - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Genesis thread. WAS:2019 Hyundai G70

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Genesis as a brand need to put out a couple of CUVs asap. I think that will drive people into the showrooms at a higher rate.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Quote Originally Posted by 94boosted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congrats blownz!!

7 Pages of thread and someone bought one

Did you manage to negotiate any sort of a discount or were they rather firm?
    Thanks! It is kind of funny to read my earlier posts in this thread 6-8 months ago and then realize I ended up with one. The car definitely impressed me more than I was expecting. Definitely better than the Japanese competitors (TLX/Q50/IS350) for similar or less money and close to the Germans for $15-$20k less.

I only got $1,000 off on a cash price. So it was $59,459 with GST. I admit I am taking a bit of a gamble with resale. We will see in 2022 when it is time to sell... In the meantime it is a blast to drive!

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Quote Originally Posted by blownz View Post
    Thanks! It is kind of funny to read my earlier posts in this thread 6-8 months ago and then realize I ended up with one. The car definitely impressed me more than I was expecting. Definitely better than the Japanese competitors (TLX/Q50/IS350) for similar or less money and close to the Germans for $15-$20k less.

I only got $1,000 off on a cash price. So it was $59,459 with GST. I admit I am taking a bit of a gamble with resale. We will see in 2022 when it is time to sell... In the meantime it is a blast to drive!
    Congrats on the purchase! Maybe someday there will be enough of us for a Genesis meet lol!
    Last edited by civic_stylez; 05-03-2018 at 09:22 AM.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    06 S2000

Does that mean you went for the full bore 3.3T Sport AWD? I'm really tempted to look into one of these, but the 2.0T Advanced AWD is closer to my budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

That's pretty pimp, congrats!

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Quote Originally Posted by civic_stylez View Post
    Congrats on the purchase! Maybe someday there will be enough of us for a Genesis meet lol!
    Thanks, did you buy one too?

Quote Originally Posted by LilDrunkenSmurf View Post
    Does that mean you went for the full bore 3.3T Sport AWD? I'm really tempted to look into one of these, but the 2.0T Advanced AWD is closer to my budget.
    Yeah, top model. And I don't think you could go wrong with a lower model either. Still a great deal and when you figure there is 5 years/100k of service included, that is a value of about $3-4K compared to competitors (free maintenance includes diff fluid change at 60K, spark plugs at 70K, plus all cabin and air filter changes). So base car is basically under $40K but you end up prepaying 5 years of maintenance. And that base car still has a ton of features.

I didn't drive the 2.0T but I imagine the handling is even better as the nose definitely feels a bit heavy sometimes on the 3.3T.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Genesis has a media and dealer event in Quebec this week and this is one of the first videos I have seen from it. Pretty good review and it shares a lot of my thoughts on the difference between the Stinger and the G70 and why I decided to go with the G70:

They actually aren't delivering any cars in Edmonton this week because of it (not sure if it is the same in Calgary) as I wanted to take delivery this week but would have had to wait until the weekend and I didn't want that.

My Ride

Yeah, top model. And I don't think you could go wrong with a lower model either. Still a great deal and when you figure there is 5 years/100k of service included, that is a value of about $3-4K compared to competitors (free maintenance includes diff fluid change at 60K, spark plugs at 70K, plus all cabin and air filter changes). So base car is basically under $40K but you end up prepaying 5 years of maintenance. And that base car still has a ton of features.

I didn't drive the 2.0T but I imagine the handling is even better as the nose definitely feels a bit heavy sometimes on the 3.3T.
    I have the fatter G80 5.0 cousin that I LOVE. The interior of that G70 is on point. Genesis has the designer from the Bugatti Chiron and the Interior designer from Bentley now. This brand will do well.

My Ride
    06 S2000

Any reviews a few months out? Booked a test drive for one. Going to try the 2.0 Elite, and jump into the 3.3 Sport after.
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride

^^^ DO ITTTTT lol

My Ride
    Exploded.

Any reviews a few months out? Booked a test drive for one. Going to try the 2.0 Elite, and jump into the 3.3 Sport after.
    Nurburg Green...

My Ride
    06 S2000

Between that and the Mallorca blue.
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Smurf, what's probably going to happen is....

You test the 2.0 and then hop in the 3.3, drive it for 30 seconds and then start handing cash over to the salesman haha. I have a '15 Genesis 3.8 AWD and it's awesome but my next car will be the Genesis G80 Sport with the 3.3T.

These cars are absolutely fantastic.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Exploded.

Manual option? Oh boy.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

I have 11,000km on it already and have had the first service. I still love the car and have no regrets. The engine and interior are still my favorite parts.

I did get a 2.0T Elite when my car was in for service and it is definitely a lot slower. The 2.0T seems slower than the 2.0T in the 3 series or A4 (by a significant amount) and the 3.3T is basically right there with the 3.0T's in the 340 or S5 so the difference between the two G70's is significant IMO. I personally think it makes the 2.0T less of a bargain compared to the 3.3T.

Other things I didn't like about the fewer options - the lack of HUD in the loaner made me realize how busy the speedo is and I don't find it easy to look at so that was irritating. Also, the speed limits are way easier to see on the HUD than the little image on the top right of the instrument cluster. Same goes for the green steering wheel and lane markings for active steering. Easy to see when it is active on the HUD and easy to notice and take over if the steering wheel disappears. But without HUD it is a small image on the bottom of the display and a long way for your eyes to look and so the whole active steering becomes less valuable imo.

I definitely think I couldn't go without the HUD or 3.3T.

But yeah, 11K in and still loving the car and it still feels solid. And it was so cheap and no service costs for 100K! Definitely no regrets.

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

How has the concierge service been? I just ordered a 3.3T Sport in Nurburg Green. It should be arriving in early October. I sold my truck separately, and that will go next Friday. The salesman offered me a loaner after my truck is gone until the actual car is ready for delivery. That is quite impressive and I am hoping the service continues that way.

Only trouble with me is I have 2 car seats to swap at service times. Just adds a small amount of complication.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Do all the Hyundai dealerships have the Genesis line or only some? I want able to get a clear answer from their site

I may be in the market for something, I have my eye on a couple Audi’s, still having a bit of trouble justifying the price of the G70 since it’s still a Hyundai underneath
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Do all the Hyundai dealerships have the Genesis line or only some? I want able to get a clear answer from their site

I may be in the market for something, I have my eye on a couple Audi’s, still having a bit of trouble justifying the price of the G70 since it’s still a Hyundai underneath
    I thought no Hyundai dealerships had the Genesis line? That it was delivery to your door for the entire process?

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    I thought no Hyundai dealerships had the Genesis line? That it was delivery to your door for the entire process?
    How would you see them in person?
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    How would you see them in person?
    They bring the test drive car to your house.

Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast