Quantcast
Official Genesis thread. WAS:2019 Hyundai G70 - Page 12 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Genesis thread. WAS:2019 Hyundai G70

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Should an e53 be a lot faster than that?

Weight really holding it back?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    Infiniti blows them out every August and on with massive incentives. It’s crazy, they were still getting new 2018s arriving through July and August. I don’t know who would buy one before August. It’s $10k plus of incentives. Typically, it’s an overstock problem and factory dumps incentives to help dealers clear inventory for next years model, and they adjust production and allocations based on that. Infiniti seems to just crank out as many as possible.
    Yeah it was crazy - IMHO $65K MSRP was a bit much for that car (close enough that many buyers would just go buy Audi/MB for $5k more) but it was a pretty damn good deal at $48K. I can't think of anything that would be comparable for the dollar at that price, if that was your cup of tea of course. 6 year warranty too. The deals kept getting better and better and my dad was so close to buying one (went on 24hr test drive and everything).

The G70 is the most similar car in my mind - TTV6, Asian manufacturer, similar HP/performance, similar looks, etc. G70 is a bit nicer though IMO.

I feel bad for people who paid full price for a Red Sport, because anyone buying used is probably going to know that they were available at +/- $48K for a really long time. Same for anyone who bought a Q50 (non Red Sport) for anywhere near $50K - ouch.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

Official 0-60 difference is only 0.1s between E53 and G70.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post

When benyl and I drove it, it launched hard off the line. When Mibz drove it, he didn’t find the launch really that quick. When we ran it together, it was pretty much even and the launch felt meh as well. I played around with it more later that day and found that launch behavior gets slower and slower, as the hybrid battery gets depleted, to the tune of 1/2 second. Unfortunately, there’s no battery level indicator so it’s a crapshoot when the E53 can launch at its fullest. Once it gets going though, the power difference is slight but noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    The G70 is the most similar car in my mind - TTV6, Asian manufacturer, similar HP/performance, similar looks, etc. G70 is a bit nicer though IMO.

I feel bad for people who paid full price for a Red Sport, because anyone buying used is probably going to know that they were available at +/- $48K for a really long time. Same for anyone who bought a Q50 (non Red Sport) for anywhere near $50K - ouch.
    I found the Infiniti interior to be very bland. Worse than BMW which is a pretty low bar. The G70 is miles ahead in design even though it’s the same class.

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    Official 0-60 difference is only 0.1s between E53 and G70.
    4.4 vs 4.7 but ya pretty close.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Honestly, on a launch basis, I wouldn’t be surprised if your 53 wasn’t very close to my 63. I have the benefit of power and weight, but you have awd and smart deployment of instant torque.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    is faster than yours

Rent Cayley this summer and have a Beyond luxury showdown!

I found the Infiniti interior to be very bland. Worse than BMW which is a pretty low bar. The G70 is miles ahead in design even though it’s the same class.
    I agree and I think the interior is definitely one area where the G70 wins. I've been saying since the older Genesis 5.0's that Hyundai is doing better interiors than even some of the Germans. I've never been a fan of BMW interiors either, especially as of late. The Infiniti interior is OK but if you look close you can see the Nissan - and no Apple Car Play / Android Auto which is a pretty big draw back on such a car.

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

I agree and I think the interior is definitely one area where the G70 wins. I've been saying since the older Genesis 5.0's that Hyundai is doing better interiors than even some of the Germans. I've never been a fan of BMW interiors either, especially as of late. The Infiniti interior is OK but if you look close you can see the Nissan - and no Apple Car Play / Android Auto which is a pretty big draw back on such a car.
    Very much agreed. With the acquisition of Bentley designers, I find the Genesis interiors super nice. Im on my 3rd Genesis model now and I find the comfort and quality of the interiors to be on par with or ahead of many other brands that cost significantly more. Theres some in this thread that arent fans and thats cool but for someone that spends a significant amount of time in many luxury/exotic vehicles, Im always happy to get back into my Genesis.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

Quote Originally Posted by civic_stylez View Post
    Very much agreed. With the acquisition of Bentley designers, I find the Genesis interiors super nice. Im on my 3rd Genesis model now and I find the comfort and quality of the interiors to be on par with or ahead of many other brands that cost significantly more. Theres some in this thread that arent fans and thats cool but for someone that spends a significant amount of time in many luxury/exotic vehicles, Im always happy to get back into my Genesis.
    Styling aside, because that is subjective I suppose, the things I look for in interior quality have always impressed me with the Genesis cars. Switch gear quality, doors not rattling when I shut them (even with window down), no flex in the door panels when using the handle to open/shut, no flex in the trim when I push on them, tight gaps everywhere, knobs that don't go off axis when you turn them, minimal plastic, no seams/lines from plastic moulds, etc. etc. The overall impression I get is when it costs the factory an extra $0.05 to get something that feels way better, Hyundai actually pays it. They are miles ahead of the American cars and right up there with many of the Germans in interior quality in my opinion. I guess I don't know how it holds up over time but initial impressions were very positive in all the Genesis cars I've been in.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Styling aside, because that is subjective I suppose, the things I look for in interior quality have always impressed me with the Genesis cars. Switch gear quality, doors not rattling when I shut them (even with window down), no flex in the door panels when using the handle to open/shut, no flex in the trim when I push on them, tight gaps everywhere, knobs that don't go off axis when you turn them, minimal plastic, no seams/lines from plastic moulds, etc. etc. The overall impression I get is when it costs the factory an extra $0.05 to get something that feels way better, Hyundai actually pays it. They are miles ahead of the American cars and right up there with many of the Germans in interior quality in my opinion. I guess I don't know how it holds up over time but initial impressions were very positive in all the Genesis cars I've been in.
    I 100% agree. They have that 'solid' feel to them.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride

They definitely do. I used to have to give my '15 doors a good pull to close them. My G90 is solid... that car is like a tank but drives so soft and quiet. No rattles or anything. Im beyond impressed with this car.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Nice to see other people driving this car and coming away impressed. I know when I started to look at a new car about a year ago all I knew was that I wanted to get back into a 3 series sized car as I found the F10 5 series way too big and not fun to drive. I wasn't impressed with BMW at the time (same old look and interior, less sporty) and I didn't really want to spend new German money when I drive close to 30,000km per year. So I started with looking at the IS350, TLX, Q50 and then looked at the Stinger as it had just came out. The Stinger really had me thinking and then the G70 came out and it really improved on two of my biggest complaints on the Stinger (interior quality and handling). And the G70 is so much better than the IS350/TLX/Q50 (especially the last two) for similar money that the decision was easy. And I really do think it is around 95% of the German's for about 75% of the money.

I am about to have my second free service at 20,000km and I still have no regrets.

If I am being picky there are a few places I think they cheaped out and would change (IP could look better, Nav screen should be bigger, hands free entry on rear doors, LED rear signal - that one is just sad imo) but these are all small issues. And I agree with others about liking the auto open/close trunk lid (only thing I miss from my F10) but that feature isn't available on competitors in this class either so it isn't that big of a deal. That said it has been added in Korea for MY2019 (MY2018 was their first year with the car) so hopefully it is coming here for 2020.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Loving the feedback on the G70 here. Once my wife goes on mat leave in a couple of months she will be driving the X5 full time, and I don't really want to be driving the 335 Cab in the winter.. so I'll probably be in the market for another car come winter time. From what I've read so far the G70 is top of list and checks off nearly all the boxes. Before the X5, I had a Q50S and a Golf R, so it sounds like i would really enjoy the G70!

I look forward to hearing you guys' short/long term ownership feedback on the car, and to check it out more closely this summer.

With cars like this (G70) and even the Infiniti Red Sport ($48K with incentives), I don't know who is buying cars like the Lexus IS350 anymore. The Lexus is ~$60K for the F-Sport and is pretty well the only car left in it's 'class' without a pair of turbos to dramatically improve the driving experience. About the only thing it has left going for it is the Toyota reliability, and most cars are reliable enough these days for that not to be much of a factor anymore.

My Ride

Cmon Genesis owners meet summer 2019

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

They definitely do. I used to have to give my '15 doors a good pull to close them. My G90 is solid... that car is like a tank but drives so soft and quiet. No rattles or anything. Im beyond impressed with this car.
    I thought you had a G80. When did you pick up a G90?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    06 S2000

Potentially having someone buyout my GTI lease in March. G70 is at the top of the list. I assume the 2020 is a bit of the way out. Anyone think they'll have promo rates or anything at the car show?
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Been following the G70 for a while now, after driving it, if you're not a brand whore, I don't see why anyone could choose a Mercedes C43, Audi S4 or BMW 340 over this car. It drives like the Germans in this class, destroys them in straightline performance (matches C43) for a lot less money. Can't wait till I try it again on summer tires. Like benyl mentioned, even on winters you can get a good sense of how the car rotates.

Ran it with my E53 and it was pretty much even from 0-100. At freeway speeds, the E53 is just a tad faster, but really, it's negligible unless you're on the track. The G70 is more than enough on the streets, and passing on BC highways.

Always been impressed with the G70, opinion completely solidified after driving it.
    My biggest question with the G70 is tuning. Im won over in terms of value, but dropping 1 or 2 grand on a c43 or 340 and getting a dinan tune is appealing to me. I dont think anyone seriously tunes hyundais

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    I thought you had a G80. When did you pick up a G90?
    I did. Picked up a Casablanca White AWD G90 last week. I wanted soft close doors and more luxury features that I dont need lol. The 5yr/100k complimentary maintenance and the "at home service" was a big selling feature for me. I absolutely love the car so far. The features on the car are outstanding and the drive is great. Doesnt handle like a 4800LB car.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I did. Picked up a Casablanca White AWD G90 last week. I wanted soft close doors and more luxury features that I dont need lol. The 5yr/100k complimentary maintenance and the "at home service" was a big selling feature for me. I absolutely love the car so far. The features on the car are outstanding and the drive is great. Doesnt handle like a 4800LB car.
    Nice. What model year? Any pics?
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 22 ... LastLast