Quantcast
Official Genesis thread. WAS:2019 Hyundai G70 - Page 22 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Genesis thread. WAS:2019 Hyundai G70

My Ride
    Axis powers

The second link doesn’t work however the Instagram shots outside the grill looks pretty nice
    Sig nuked by mod.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The second link doesn’t work however the Instagram shots outside the grill looks pretty nice
    I removed the forums link and just linked the insta page for Genesis world wide. Has more pics including interior. SO FUCKING STOKED RIGHT NOW!!!
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

These are definitely very Aston Martin inspired I would think! Lots of similar design cues

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Carscoops article. ALL PICS IN HERE!!!!

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/03/20...us-salivating/
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Exploded.

Okay hot damn that's good. Is this supposed to be a mid-size like an A7? Or full-size?

Seems underpowered with a V6 370hp.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by flipstah View Post
    Okay hot damn that's good. Is this supposed to be a mid-size like an A7? Or full-size?

Seems underpowered with a V6 370hp.
    Yes the G80 is mid size. The G90 is full size.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Looks better than I expected, just like the GV80. Hopefully the price doesn't go up too much from the 2020 and it will be a great deal.

Also I just noticed you comment on DJ @16hypen3sp and although I have met him, I have dealt with Jennifer for both of my purchases.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by blownz View Post
    Looks better than I expected, just like the GV80. Hopefully the price doesn't go up too much from the 2020 and it will be a great deal.

Also I just noticed you comment on DJ @16hypen3sp and although I have met him, I have dealt with Jennifer for both of my purchases.
    Ah yes. I have met her as well but have spent much more time with DJ. This car is looking awesome!
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Pricing has been confirmed in the U.S for the GV80. All trims below. Prices in USD and include destination fee:

2021 Genesis GV80 2.5T Standard: $49,925 (plus $5,750 for AWD)
    2021 Genesis GV80 2.5T Advanced: $53,825 (plus $6,200 for AWD)
    2021 Genesis GV80 2.5T Prestige: $58,075 (plus $6,350 for AWD)
    2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Standard: $60,175
    2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Advanced: $65,375
    2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Advanced+: $66,075
    2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Prestige: $71,975

So... how much in Canada? I was expecting ~$82k. Some on the forums are expecting ~$78.5k given the mark up between U.S and Canada for the G70. Might be a hair under $80k.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/05/...cing-revealed/
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    Pricing has been confirmed in the U.S for the GV80. All trims below. Prices in USD and include destination fee:

2021 Genesis GV80 2.5T Standard: $49,925 (plus $5,750 for AWD)
    2021 Genesis GV80 2.5T Advanced: $53,825 (plus $6,200 for AWD)
    2021 Genesis GV80 2.5T Prestige: $58,075 (plus $6,350 for AWD)
    2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Standard: $60,175
    2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Advanced: $65,375
    2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Advanced+: $66,075
    2021 Genesis GV80 3.5T AWD Prestige: $71,975

So... how much in Canada? I was expecting ~$82k. Some on the forums are expecting ~$78.5k given the mark up between U.S and Canada for the G70. Might be a hair under $80k.

https://www.autoblog.com/2020/03/05/...cing-revealed/
    Genesis has been contacting me looking for a $1000.00 down payment to secure on but I was really hesitant before knowing the price. In that 70-80k range, there are a LOT of good options so I hope they dont price themselves too far out. The GV80 looks awesome and as a 3 time Genesis owner (and current Palisade Limited) owner, Id like one but if the price range is off, it will be tough to get into one up front.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

My Ride
    B16 Spec V, 97 SC400, 15 Caravan

Quote Originally Posted by civic_stylez View Post
    Genesis has been contacting me looking for a $1000.00 down payment to secure on but I was really hesitant before knowing the price. In that 70-80k range, there are a LOT of good options so I hope they dont price themselves too far out. The GV80 looks awesome and as a 3 time Genesis owner (and current Palisade Limited) owner, Id like one but if the price range is off, it will be tough to get into one up front.
    What's the feature set when compared with the G80? I think it's a hard sell from my perspective if the feature set is similar to the G80 to pay the premium because it is an SUV. I find the storage space in the G80 to be quite generous as well as the passenger cabin volume.

Unless there was some different spec I don't know about or potentially some increased feature set, I find the increase hard to justify.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Yah. I can't find any info on Canadian pricing yet. Hopefully it is released next week sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Cagare View Post
    What's the feature set when compared with the G80? I think it's a hard sell from my perspective if the feature set is similar to the G80 to pay the premium because it is an SUV. I find the storage space in the G80 to be quite generous as well as the passenger cabin volume.

Unless there was some different spec I don't know about or potentially some increased feature set, I find the increase hard to justify.
    The GV80 and G80 have mostly the same features, however, I have read that the new AR HUD is planned for production in the new G80. Would need confirmation from Genesis on that. Would be awesome of they debut the car with that tech.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    ute

I wonder how this will compare to my wife's atlas in terms of family hauling

My Ride
    Buffalo Truck & An Angry Kitty

How do you like living with the Palisade? The wife's Santa Fe is getting a little long in the tooth and the Palisade is on the list but I was also waiting to see the GV80.
    "Masked Bandit is a gateway drug for frugal spending." - Unknown303

My Ride
    starts with a screwdriver...

Quote Originally Posted by Masked Bandit View Post
    How do you like living with the Palisade? The wife's Santa Fe is getting a little long in the tooth and the Palisade is on the list but I was also waiting to see the GV80.
    To get a FULLY loaded 3 row SUV out the door for under 60K makes this a great vehicle. Is it sexy? No. Is it fast? Far from it. But is it phenomenally equipped and nice to drive? Absolutely. Its amazing in the snow and when you put the second and third rows down its unreal for cargo space. I can see a lot of Genesis technology from my G80 and G90 in the Palisade. It was only a matter of time. My wife has the 19 Santa Fe Limited and she wants to take over the Palisade as she really likes it. I took a really close look at the Telluride and the Atlas but as someone who basically works out of their car, the Palisade had the nicest interior features. I liked the exterior of the Telluride a bit better but Im happy I went with the Palisade. Zero issues so far (13k). The GV80 is going to have to be unreal to drive to justify moving from the Palisade to that. Its a big jump for a lot of the similar features.
    I MAKE BALLER CARS MORE BALLER.....

The GV80 is definitely on my list once my current lease expires this fall, like the looks in and out and in this category speed and handling take a back seat to all out luxury and comfort. Looks like the GV will have plenty of luxury.

I'm a bit concerned about the reliability though. A co worker has a new Telluride that's been an absolute pos so far, he's ready to burn the thing lol. Really nice SUV though. Stay away from first year Korean makes? They rate high in initial quality, but there is a big difference in potential issues with a cheap ass Elantra vs a high end SUV packed with tech.

My Ride
    19 Jeep Wrangler, 20 Hyundai Palisade

Quote Originally Posted by Dynasty 88 View Post
    The GV80 is definitely on my list once my current lease expires this fall, like the looks in and out and in this category speed and handling take a back seat to all out luxury and comfort. Looks like the GV will have plenty of luxury.

I'm a bit concerned about the reliability though. A co worker has a new Telluride that's been an absolute pos so far, he's ready to burn the thing lol. Really nice SUV though. Stay away from first year Korean makes? They rate high in initial quality, but there is a big difference in potential issues with a cheap ass Elantra vs a high end SUV packed with tech.
    Telluride is made in USA, while Palisade is made in Korea.

One thing I don't like about our Palisade is the small fuel tank. It's only 70L. Should be closer to 100L in my opinion. Or at very least 80L. The push transmission isn't my favourite either. Would rather have the setup in the Telluride. Other than that I think these two are the nicest SUVs in the segment right now. The GV80 is suppose to be somewhat smaller inside from what I've read.

My Ride
    2020 Genesis G70

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Way more power, way more luxury, way more tech, less space (mainly in the third row).

I have a deposit, but am still waiting for info on towing. If there is no hitch and wiring and ability to tow over 5000lbs then I definitely am looking at Q7 or GLE.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    Less space. Kids only 3rd row from launch videos.

Page 22 of 33 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast