Quantcast
Official Genesis thread. WAS:2019 Hyundai G70 - Page 28 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Genesis thread. WAS:2019 Hyundai G70

My Ride
    lobster boat

Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Does it have a V8? I'm too lazy to watch/unavailable right now.
    Turbo V6. Could sound better.

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Has the GV80 landed in Calgary yet?

Mom is looking for a new SUV.. wouldn't mind taking a look at this one.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

I would imagine so. They showed up in Edmonton today. I imagine test drives starting next week on the demo's. G80 testers have been in Edmonton since Monday. I'm currently awaiting a phone call/email regarding picking up my new G80. Could happen at anytime now!
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

For anyone curious, the GV80 just landed and delivery starts end of Dec / early Jan.

I'm booked for a test drive early next week - look forward to seeing it how it compares!

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by RX_EVOLV View Post
    For anyone curious, the GV80 just landed and delivery starts end of Dec / early Jan.

I'm booked for a test drive early next week - look forward to seeing it how it compares!
    My G80 has been ready for pick up since Tuesday but work, god dammit. Mid next week is delivery day. I'll post the pics!!!!
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    My G80 has been ready for pick up since Tuesday but work, god dammit. Mid next week is delivery day. I'll post the pics!!!!
    Please do! Which trim did you go with?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Please do! Which trim did you go with?
    I got the 3.5T Prestige.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Just test drove the GV80 3.5T Prestige this morning and it is pretty impressive, especially for the price considering it includes 5 years of maintenance + 1 extra year warranty vs the other mfg.

The cabin is so quiet and the ride is so smooth, and the interior material is top notch. It is definitly fully loaded with all the toys like lane keep, pilot assist, auto parking, 3D parking cam, remote drive, and HUD. The camera display for lane change imo is a game changer and it's good to see blind sport warning on the HUD. It's also nice that I'm able to control and pre-heat or cool the rear seats from the front.

Only complaints I have :

1) Steering wheel design is awkward. They should've gone with the traditional 3-pt style. Not a fan
    2) The 3rd row is really hard to get into as the middle row only slides forward but doesn't tilt up.
    3) Limited seat adjustments with the driver and passenger seats. For this price range I expected more adjustment options
    4) in comfort mode the ride is too 'soft' or floaty for me. it's almost bouncy. but I also complained about the same thing in the S-class so definitly just a personal thing.
    5) The rear sensor is already busted on this demo car which only had 1100km... not very comforting...
    6) For a car this size the 2nd row leg room is just okay. Wish they didn't squeeze the third row in and save that for the GV90 (which apparently is coming in 2 years).

Overall I'm pretty impressed with it and would consider it a worthy replacement to the X5 down the road. Will have to keep an eye on resale and reliability.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Just test drove the GV80 3.5T Prestige this morning and it is pretty impressive, especially for the price considering it includes 5 years of maintenance + 1 extra year warranty vs the other mfg.

The cabin is so quiet and the ride is so smooth, and the interior material is top notch. It is definitly fully loaded with all the toys like lane keep, pilot assist, auto parking, 3D parking cam, remote drive, and HUD. The camera display for lane change imo is a game changer and it's good to see blind sport warning on the HUD. It's also nice that I'm able to control and pre-heat or cool the rear seats from the front.

Only complaints I have :

1) Steering wheel design is awkward. They should've gone with the traditional 3-pt style. Not a fan
    2) The 3rd row is really hard to get into as the middle row only slides forward but doesn't tilt up.
    3) Limited seat adjustments with the driver and passenger seats. For this price range I expected more adjustment options
    4) in comfort mode the ride is too 'soft' or floaty for me. it's almost bouncy. but I also complained about the same thing in the S-class so definitly just a personal thing.
    5) The rear sensor is already busted on this demo car which only had 1100km... not very comforting...
    6) For a car this size the 2nd row leg room is just okay. Wish they didn't squeeze the third row in and save that for the GV90 (which apparently is coming in 2 years).

Overall I'm pretty impressed with it and would consider it a worthy replacement to the X5 down the road. Will have to keep an eye on resale and reliability.
    I believe they tune both G80 and GV80 for comfort. Savagegeese has videos on them. If you are looking for AMG/M/RS equivalents, these ain't them.

But they did everything to dial noise and roughness out.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

This makes me stoked for tomorrow!! Delivery day for my G80!

I agree the GV80 has an awkward steering wheel design. I was told it was designed that way so it doesn't interfere with the eye trackers for the 3D cluster. The G80 wheel design is a bit better.

I'll put my car thru its paces tomorrow and type up a quick review.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Silverado

Impatiently waiting...

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by dirtsniffer View Post
    Impatiently waiting...
    Haha, sorry. I was very busy all day. But yes I got it!!!!

Fuck is it sweet.

Firstly, the whole buying experience has been amazing, something I have never experienced before. Just easy and straight forward. I got in there today and it was a quick exchange of paperwork and a tour of the car and away I went. Plus I got gift baskets and such. I even got a Genesis branded face mask to protect me from the 'rona. haha.

Anyway... the car. Looks amazing. Feels amazing. Really retains that 'solid' feeling from the previous gen. Interior is great. It is a very quiet car, but I don't think it is a huge leap forward compared to previous gens. More quiet, sure, but not ground breaking.

The ride... I tried all the modes. Comfort is the default. I actually find the ride a tad more firm than my 2015. Still smooth tho. Maybe that's due to the tires, I dunno. Sport mode - you can really feel it firm up. It fucking hauls ass. Really surprised me as I was expecting it to be a little more slow. Eco - self explanatory.

Lexicon sound system - amazing. No other way to put it. Have to get used to the 'roller' style volume control.

All the driver assists - seems they really beefed up the lane keep assist. I tested it out on some roads around here and it handled corners by itself. It will start alarming after a bit (seems much later than my 2015) saying to keep your hands on the steering wheel so I just tap the wheel and it just does it's thing.

Lane change assist - interesting feature that requires some practice I found. Only enabled when the smart cruise control is on. You have to initiate the lane change, once you do, there will be a green arrow that starts flashing towards the next lane on the cluster. I can slightly steer towards the lane over and then just let go and the car finishes the lane change by itself. Also as RX spoke to, the lane change camera that comes on within the cluster is awesome.

The counter clockwise tach is comical. I wonder if someone with OCD designed that and wanted symmetry with the speedo.

Media menu could use some fine tuning thru firmware updates. Ambient lighting it awesome.

Lots of bells and whistles I still have yet to go thru.

Pics: Exterior is Uyuni White / Interior is Anthracite with Vanilla Beige. I can upload more pics tomorrow. Car was dirty as I drove it from Edmonton.
    Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  129.0 KB
    Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  40.3 KB
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    ute

Quote Originally Posted by 16hypen3sp View Post
    Haha, sorry. I was very busy all day. But yes I got it!!!!

Fuck is it sweet.

Firstly, the whole buying experience has been amazing, something I have never experienced before. Just easy and straight forward. I got in there today and it was a quick exchange of paperwork and a tour of the car and away I went. Plus I got gift baskets and such. I even got a Genesis branded face mask to protect me from the 'rona. haha.

Anyway... the car. Looks amazing. Feels amazing. Really retains that 'solid' feeling from the previous gen. Interior is great. It is a very quiet car, but I don't think it is a huge leap forward compared to previous gens. More quiet, sure, but not ground breaking.

The ride... I tried all the modes. Comfort is the default. I actually find the ride a tad more firm than my 2015. Still smooth tho. Maybe that's due to the tires, I dunno. Sport mode - you can really feel it firm up. It fucking hauls ass. Really surprised me as I was expecting it to be a little more slow. Eco - self explanatory.

Lexicon sound system - amazing. No other way to put it. Have to get used to the 'roller' style volume control.

All the driver assists - seems they really beefed up the lane keep assist. I tested it out on some roads around here and it handled corners by itself. It will start alarming after a bit (seems much later than my 2015) saying to keep your hands on the steering wheel so I just tap the wheel and it just does it's thing.

Lane change assist - interesting feature that requires some practice I found. Only enabled when the smart cruise control is on. You have to initiate the lane change, once you do, there will be a green arrow that starts flashing towards the next lane on the cluster. I can slightly steer towards the lane over and then just let go and the car finishes the lane change by itself. Also as RX spoke to, the lane change camera that comes on within the cluster is awesome.

The counter clockwise tach is comical. I wonder if someone with OCD designed that and wanted symmetry with the speedo.

Media menu could use some fine tuning thru firmware updates. Ambient lighting it awesome.

Lots of bells and whistles I still have yet to go thru.

Pics: Exterior is Uyuni White / Interior is Anthracite with Vanilla Beige. I can upload more pics tomorrow. Car was dirty as I drove it from Edmonton.
    Name:  image0.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  129.0 KB
    Name:  image1.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  40.3 KB
    ya, but does it fit in the middle lane of a two line road?

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    ya, but does it fit in the middle lane of a two line road?
    Haha, Where she fits, she sits.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Silverado

Looks awesome!

My Ride
    E90

congrats! that's a good looking car.

My Ride
    Bikes.Car.Truck

Thanks guys. I forgot to mention. I very briefly tried the remote park assist feature. Stand outside the car and push/hold the forward or backwards buttons on the fob. Did its thing no problem but damn did it make me nervous. Haven’t tied the self parallel park yet.
    Looking around
    Wondering what became
    Of what I once knew

My Ride
    Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Name:  20201215_095823_resized.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  108.3 KBName:  20201215_095807_resized.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  80.3 KB

Here's the one I test drove. Don't mind the big grill one bit. It looks great on the road.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Looks better than the current round of BMW grilles that's for sure, and that paint is wicked.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

SUV is massively improvements using the driving sensors that have always been so painfully obvious on the previous genesis cars.

Looks like the car still has it?

Not sure what I think of those lights though.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18 27 28 29 ... LastLast