Quantcast
Rimac set to acquire Bugatti - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Rimac set to acquire Bugatti

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    CTS-V, DMax, P71
    Posts
    6,323
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Rimac set to acquire Bugatti

    https://www.carmagazine.co.uk/car-ne...w-group-rimac/

    Coles notes: VW Group looking for ~49% stake in exchange for Bugatti. Porsche already owns 15.5%.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    5,248
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    I mean VW isn’t giving up much, pretty sure Bugatti hasn’t made money any time in the last 50 years.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    F10M/ F87/ NA2/ W220/ VOLVO V90
    Posts
    5,641
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I mean VW isn’t giving up much, pretty sure Bugatti hasn’t made money any time in the last 50 years.
    The name itself is probably worth some pretty penny.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex city
    My Ride
    No longer Savage. :(
    Posts
    7,672
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    I suspect Bugatti makes more licensing that name to perfumes and handbags than they do from anything with wheels.
    Make the world a radder place, grow a mullet.
    Public Mobile is the best, just like Phil Collins haggard face.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no one gives maritimers shit for culturally appropriating donairs.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    My Ride
    GLC43
    Posts
    8,416
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Better question is, why would Rimac want this deal?

    To hit 49%, and keep Koreans and Chinese in play (They own 28%), it will comes out of founders' share. Not a bad way to cash out before IPO I guess?

    If Bugatti's market cap is $2B and that get them 34% of the company, that set Rimac at $6B valuation?
    Last edited by Xtrema; 09-17-2020 at 12:01 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)
    Posts
    593
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    This is a really convoluted deal that could end up cannibalizing itself.

    A lot of Bugatti buyers are willing to buy into the brand with the understanding that the whole thing (warranty, long term parts supply, etc) is basically underwritten by VWAG; taking that away greatly diminishes the appeal of the Bugatti brand and puts them more in the same camp with Pagani or Koenigsegg...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    723
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is a really convoluted deal that could end up cannibalizing itself.

    A lot of Bugatti buyers are willing to buy into the brand with the understanding that the whole thing (warranty, long term parts supply, etc) is basically underwritten by VWAG; taking that away greatly diminishes the appeal of the Bugatti brand and puts them more in the same camp with Pagani or Koenigsegg...
    But if Koenigsegg is now producing faster cars, the market will flow to them.
    I think the dominant force for market share is whoever is making the fastest thing and not so much the brand backing from a major manufacturer.
    I'm not quite in that market, so obviously this is conjecture!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    A Gallardo from SDS (hahahaha)
    Posts
    593
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But if Koenigsegg is now producing faster cars, the market will flow to them.
    I think the dominant force for market share is whoever is making the fastest thing and not so much the brand backing from a major manufacturer.
    I'm not quite in that market, so obviously this is conjecture!
    Well, your conjecture is reasonable. But it's also completely wrong

    The market is not "flowing" to Koenigsegg to any degree and it has very little to do with breaking speed records. Sure, there are some with major f-you money that will buy whatever just for bragging rights, but most buyers in that market are astute enough to still consider TCO and liquidity, and a big part of that comes from a secure future of parts and support from the top, down... Very few people are willing to part with ~$4mm+ with an outfit that may or may not be around in a few years. Even if an independent company like Pagani or K-segg is financially stable, that's still a far cry from the safety net offered by being the halo brand of the largest manufacturer in the world.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    723
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by you&me View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well, your conjecture is reasonable. But it's also completely wrong

    The market is not "flowing" to Koenigsegg to any degree and it has very little to do with breaking speed records. Sure, there are some with major f-you money that will buy whatever just for bragging rights, but most buyers in that market are astute enough to still consider TCO and liquidity, and a big part of that comes from a secure future of parts and support from the top, down... Very few people are willing to part with ~$4mm+ with an outfit that may or may not be around in a few years. Even if an independent company like Pagani or K-segg is financially stable, that's still a far cry from the safety net offered by being the halo brand of the largest manufacturer in the world.
    Ha! You certainly might be right. I'd argue that folks spending $4MM on a car (sorry - on their tenth car) have zero fucks to give about liquidity or warranty and that the association with a car company that produces vehicles for peasants and clock-punching ilk actually harms the brand's exclusivity.

    Can either of us prove the other wrong? No. I'd offer that "poor millionaires" have previously preferred Ferrari over Lamborghini because Lambo carries the stench of VW.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Clifton
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    But if Koenigsegg is now producing faster cars, the market will flow to them.
    I think the dominant force for market share is whoever is making the fastest thing and not so much the brand backing from a major manufacturer.
    I'm not quite in that market, so obviously this is conjecture!
    I think that people rich enough to buy such cars always think about the branding, not all of their friends cknow about the Koenigsegg but everyone knows Ferrari and Bugatti. At the end of the day you rarely have an opportunity to drive such cars on their limits and just take them for a ride one in a while to show off=)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    5,248
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Man what’s with the people creating a half dozen alts these days.
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Duplex city
    My Ride
    No longer Savage. :(
    Posts
    7,672
    Rep Power
    40

    Default

    Killramos is my alt.
    Make the world a radder place, grow a mullet.
    Public Mobile is the best, just like Phil Collins haggard face.

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Rural_Juror
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    no one gives maritimers shit for culturally appropriating donairs.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2006 Nissan Titan
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Man what’s with the people creating a half dozen alts these days.
    You claim every new account is an alt. Even a broken clock is correct 2 in times a day though.

    Now seems like the right amount of time to make them for the potential of an upcoming election, as unlikely as it is.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Not the NE
    My Ride
    ‘Berta Special
    Posts
    5,248
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You claim every new account is an alt. Even a broken clock is correct 2 in times a day though.
    No one finds beyond.ca honestly
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

    If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    2006 Nissan Titan
    Posts
    153
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    That's true, I can't remember how I stumbled upon it. It wasn't easy.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Calgmonton/AB
    Posts
    723
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by arcticcat522 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You claim every new account is an alt. Even a broken clock is correct 2 in times a day though.

    Now seems like the right amount of time to make them for the potential of an upcoming election, as unlikely as it is.
    LoL! I think he did that to me when I joined, too! Maybe you're right.
    I haven't heard that "broken clock" reference since the days of Ask Jeeves.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Calgary
    My Ride
    GLA
    Posts
    2,107
    Rep Power
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ThePenIsMightier View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LoL! I think he did that to me when I joined, too! Maybe you're right.
    I haven't heard that "broken clock" reference since the days of Ask Jeeves.
    you haven't yet been cleared of all charges.

Similar Threads

  1. repost:Flames acquire Corban Knight from Panthers

    By afrotl in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 1
    Latest Threads: 06-18-2013, 12:42 PM
  2. Intact to acquire Jevco for $530-million

    By guessboi in forum Society / Law / Current Events / Politics
    Replies: 4
    Latest Threads: 05-02-2012, 12:50 PM
  3. Bugatti Veyron vs Koenigsegg CCXR vs Bugatti Super Sport

    By trev0006 in forum Cars, Bikes, Machines
    Replies: 0
    Latest Threads: 06-16-2011, 06:09 PM
  4. How to acquire a network address on laptop

    By M_Power in forum Computers, Consoles, and other Electronics
    Replies: 3
    Latest Threads: 07-27-2006, 09:15 PM
  5. Flames acquire Huselius

    By Hakkola in forum Sports, Health & Fitness
    Replies: 35
    Latest Threads: 12-05-2005, 03:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •