Quantcast
Middle aged - are ya? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Middle aged - are ya?

Default Middle aged - are ya?

Have seen a number of beyond members talking about being middle aged now and am surprised at that as middle aged is generally considered 45-65.

So, how old are some of you to have you calling yourself middle aged, 30, 35, 40? If so, then fuck, you've got a long road ahead of you yelling and shaking your fist at clouds.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

I never considered middle aged to be a number, more like a mentality. To answer the question though, yes I consider myself middle aged at 39

My Ride
    ute

I just turned 40, and I feel old AF

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

People retire in middle age? Huh, I didn't know that. I'm younger than your definition, but I consider myself middle aged anyway.
    I've got grey hair, a sore back, I groan when I sit down or stand up, and I'm plenty bitter. Surely those things qualify me?
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    People retire in middle age? Huh, I didn't know that. I'm younger than your definition, but I consider myself middle aged anyway.
    I've got grey hair, a sore back, I groan when I sit down or stand up, and I'm plenty bitter. Surely those things qualify me?
    You're not fully qualified until you start telling every teller and cashier your life story, while being oblivious to the people waiting in line behind you.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

Just turned 37. I feel like I look younger than I am. Although the male pattern hair loss began this year.

My Ride
    2005 F350

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    You're not fully qualified until you start telling every teller and cashier your life story, while being oblivious to the people waiting in line behind you.
    no, that is old age.

i'm 41 and guess i could be middle aged but i don't feel or act it.
    "Make Canada a better place, punch a Canuck fan in the face" - Jim Rome

Just turned 41, no grey hair and most people think I'm barely 30 until I tell them how old my kids are. If anything, it's my kids make me feel more middle aged than anything else. I ran into an old friend the other day and we are the same age and damn the guy looks like he's over 50 but he's been through some tough times.
    Last edited by botox; 09-28-2017 at 02:01 PM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Fuck some of you are old

I look really young, especially without the beard (which goes away on occasion when I go to a site with a ridiculous "no facial hair policy"). I definitely agree it is a mentality though. Middle aged to me is when you stop taking risks of most sorts. I have one buddy who is 27, he won't even buy a sled (he has a cheap townhouse, a roommate, a 12 year old truck in good shape, and no commitments) because his work slows down in the winter. Which to me is the perfect reason to buy a sled.

I have ran into a couple guys, especially up north who are cracking 40 and you'd never guess they were over 30. Attitude has a lot to do with it, along with facial complexion.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by botox View Post
    Just turned 41, no grey hair and most people think I'm barely 30 until I tell them how old my kids are. If anything, it's my kids make me feel more middle aged than anything else. I ran into an old friend the other day and we are the same age and damn the guy looks like he's over 50 but he's been through some tough times.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    Ugh, I hate cashiers, usually go to self checkout to avoid them.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    6.7 CUMMINS, E50 AMG

Turning 39 this year, Look like i am 25. Definitely feel middle aged. Smoker for 23 years, not overly active, not over weight, lots of years of heavy drinking..etc (no longer drink 1yr)
    I figure I may make it until 80, I need to quit smoking soon, just got the cough. I am fit but cardio none. Trying to eat better...etc. I donno I need to change some stuff for sure if I want to......age gracefully? I'm scared as fuck of getting old, watching my grandparents all go down hill, relatives dying of alzheimer's...etc Thinking a lot lately about "mid life" and if I am there. Sorry to be a downer One life to live tho. Maybe others can relate
    Machining, Fabricating, Welding etc.

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    Ugh, I hate cashiers, usually go to self checkout to avoid them.
    I've seen people talking to the self checkouts too. Not sure what they get classified as.

My Ride
    2005 Dirtymax

LOL never in a million years would I consider or even call myself middle aged, perhaps old but that is it.

I am 39 with white hair in my beard and between my knees and wrists I don't know which hurts more on a given day. I think we just need to stop labeling ourselves and just live.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    45 to 65 is middle aged? Are you planning to live to 130?

Middle age would be the middle of your lifespan, which in Canada is 78 for men. So 39 is the correct age for this description, and a good range would be 37 to 43. Anybody 45 to 65 is just plain old, well, old.

Yup, I think I plan to die age 65-70. If everyone truly cared about climate change they'd die earlier and stop being so selfish. Carbon tax, pfffftt, there should be an old age tax.

47 here and definitely consider myself middle aged, and honestly I am totally good with it! I think when you hit a point that you realize being young is overated you cross the line to middle age. I am young in the ways I care about, and old enough to to know youth is wasted on the young...

My Ride
    A slow bike & an even slower car.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    Have seen a number of beyond members talking about being middle aged now and am surprised at that as middle aged is generally considered 45-65.

So, how old are some of you to have you calling yourself middle aged, 30, 35, 40? If so, then fuck, you've got a long road ahead of you yelling and shaking your fist at clouds.
    31 and balding.

Fit as fuck though.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post

Wow 65 is middle aged?... Give it up already speedog lol

What Sugarphreak said is bang on.

Turned 37 today... Getting grumpier by the day. Thinking I should sell the Z soon...too much a young person's car and whenever I'm in it i feel like driving like a 25 year old punk.

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    Wow 65 is middle aged?... Give it up already speedog lol

What Sugarphreak said is bang on.

Turned 37 today... Getting grumpier by the day. Thinking I should sell the Z soon...too much a young person's car and whenever I'm in it i feel like driving like a 25 year old punk.
    Not my definition, just something a web search pulled up. All I know is that I didn't feel as old as fuck in my 30's and 40's and still don't feel old now - one still has a lot of living to do if they're in their 30's or 40's.
    Will fuck off, again.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast