Quantcast
Texting an Ex - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Texting an Ex

My Ride
    V6 Hybrids

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yea, I've dated girls like this, only really see it in the under 30. I haven't really dated outside of Calgary, so can't say if it's a Calgary only thing.

My advice, enjoy the relationship for what it is, don't take it so seriously (she clearly isn't), and be prepared to walk away like a boss.

YES! Perfect post raj.

Next time the ex texts your GF, tell your GF to wait a few minutes, and then respond with "sorry I didn't respond, I was busy wiping my BF's cum off my face into my mouth."

My Ride
    V6 Hybrids

Quote Originally Posted by suntan View Post
    Next time the ex texts your GF, tell your GF to wait a few minutes, and then respond with "sorry I didn't respond, I was busy wiping my BF's cum off my face into my mouth."
    yup or have her send a selfie while getting boned. the ex should figure it out fast.

keeping in contact with exes is just weird for me. delete off social media and delete off phone and ignore for life. lol

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    YES! Perfect post raj.
    That was the advice I gave you 5 years ago. Instead your wallet got a lot lighter and your balls got punched in.

On the bright side, at least you finally followed through.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    V6 Hybrids

^^

thanks boss. the war chest is increasing again so if you have anyone to send my way lol like your babysitters etc. haha

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

^^

thanks boss. the war chest is increasing again so if you have anyone to send my way lol like your babysitters etc. haha
    You dirty old fucks still talking about our nanny.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

This thread has got increasingly interesting from the first post on. I can only imagine that by the weekend we'll have plenty of photos of multiple women and will be TOTY.

Oh and more Seinfield quotes because Seinfield = real life
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Guess what? No, she's NOT amazing. She fucking sucks. And so do you if you tolerate that shit, fucking respect yourself man.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Two from Freemont

Quote Originally Posted by project240 View Post
    She says I am being jealous and controlling by telling her to stop.
    You have to ask yourself why she does things that make you jealous. Are you "telling her" to stop or asking. Asking someone to change behavior isn't controlling.

Quote Originally Posted by hampstor View Post
    If she's committed to your relationship and if she respects you, she will need to set a boundary with her ex. A clear "I'm in relationship, I don't appreciate messages like this, nor do I want them. It's disrespectful to my partner, so if you keep doing this I will be blocking you.'
    The GF doesn't respect the OP. The EX will never have respect for the competition.

The OP needs to ask himself why his attention isn't enough for her. Will it ever be enough? Can you satiate her desire for attention? When does that attention seeking become more than just words?

My Ride
    Lease

project240, agree with you being weirded out by it, definitely deserve to request for her to block the Ex completely.

But on a separate note, how many on you in the Ex's shoes wouldn't try pulling some final desperation moves yourselves?

I knew I wasn't crazy to think/feel that way. She is an amazing girl and I have no doubt that she has no intentions/would never cheat physically, but I do feel emotionally cheated and it makes me feel like shit.

I need to sit down and have another serious talk with her about this.
    starting this thread = you're preoccupied with the situation and you're losing control.

sitting down and talking is for bitches. are you a bitch? take some action and create a little competitive anxiety. I'd start creating distance now and assess new opportunities.

My Ride
    '21 Taco

Quote Originally Posted by hampstor View Post
    For her: "You can't control someone else's behavior, but you can control your response."

If she's committed to your relationship and if she respects you, she will need to set a boundary with her ex. A clear "I'm in relationship, I don't appreciate messages like this, nor do I want them. It's disrespectful to my partner, so if you keep doing this I will be blocking you.'

If she can't or isn't willing to do that, then you know how committed she is, and how much she respects you. Deflections/reversals such as "you don't trust me" may occur. If it does, again, you know where your relationship stands and how much she respects you. At that point, it's your call as to what you do (and how much of a doormat you are).

Edit: the term is "DARVO": DARVO refers to a reaction perpetrators of wrong doing may display in response to being held accountable for their behavior. DARVO stands for "Deny, Attack, and Reverse Victim and Offender."
    This. Well said. I don't know how long you have been in a relationship but it is really mainly about respect. It is hard to advance to a deeper relationship (aka, marriage - if you plan to do so) if respect is not present 100%. It needs to be absolutely solid.
    Watch the cat for different holiday hats!

My Ride
    2013 Genesis Coupe

Have you made it very clear you're uncomfortable with it or have you avoided starting shit?

If you have made it totally clear and she is basically telling you "too bad" then yeah, it's not even a question, she clearly doesn't care as much as she should about you. If you've been biting your tongue for whatever reason, you definitely need to give her an ultimatum and if you ever catch her doing it again she has to go.

As much as it sucks, you can look at this as a good test. About is clear of a Go/No-Go as you can get.

My Ride
    1917 Model T, VW Baja, '18 Ram 2500 CTD/6spd

An ex texts with sexual shit and her response is anything other than "never talk to me again" and blocking him, it means she's keeping him and his D on standby. You're being cuckolded, have some self respect, grow a pair, and send her packing or at the very least be a man and lay down some serious ground rules with no tolerance for the next slip up.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

OP's situation is messed up.
    Seems like you already tried to talk to her about it and she called you "controlling".

As rage said, take the relationship for what it is, it's clearly non-serious. If you see it as serious, it's destined to fail so no point putting yourself through that BS.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

If she didn't like the attention she would have already blocked this guy. Agree that you have a problem with this woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Pizza preferences are more polarizing than politics.

My Ride
    This and that.

I knew I wasn't crazy to think/feel that way. She is an amazing girl and I have no doubt that she has no intentions/would never cheat physically, but I do feel emotionally cheated and it makes me feel like shit.

I need to sit down and have another serious talk with her about this.
    THIS is the problem right here.

Nothing that hasn't already been said, and I am sorry we have to be the ones to burst your bubble, BUT if she actually does what you say she does when you ask her to stop replying then she is NOT an amazing girl. No matter how much you want to believe that. AND she is very willing to cheat on you if the opportunity ever presents. Again, STOP lying to yourself and justifying because you want it to work out. Stop putting her on a pedestal.

She does not respect you, it's obviously plain and simple. I will give you an example, when I first started dating my wife, her ex kept messaging her occasionally. It wasn't dirty or disrespectful by any means but to the lines that they should give it another shot, blah blah. She ignored him completely a first few times but when he didn't get the message, she basically sent a long drawn, well articulated 'fuck you'. Basically something to the lines of, I've moved on and I have no interest in talking to you so have some respect for yourself and stop messaging me. Never heard back from the guy again. You can bet your ass that had her response been anything else and she had told me that she was going to continue talking to him, she'd be out of my life sooner than diarrhea shit comes out of your ass.

I don't believe in playing games like you should start talking to your ex or something like that even if that's a potential possibility. Simply tell her to stop and that it's disrespectful to you and what you guys are trying to build together. If that's not enough then I don't think I need to say what you need to do. Respect yourself enough to stand your ground for what you believe (rightfully in this case) to be right.
    Last edited by shakalaka; 10-04-2017 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shakalaka View Post
    THIS is the problem right here.

Nothing that hasn't already been said, and I am sorry we have to be the ones to burst your bubble, BUT if she actually does what you say she does when you ask her to stop replying then she is NOT an amazing girl. No matter how much you want to believe that. AND she is very willing to cheat on you if the opportunity ever presents. Again, STOP lying to yourself and justifying because you want it to work out. Stop putting her on a pedestal.

She does not respect you, it's obviously plain and simple. I will give you an example, when I first started dating my wife, her ex kept messaging her occasionally. It wasn't dirty or disrespectful by any means but to the lines that they should give it another shot, blah blah. She ignored him completely a first few times but when he didn't get the message, she basically sent a long drawn, well articulated 'fuck you'. Basically something to the lines of, I've moved on and I have no interest in talking to you so have some respect for yourself and stop messaging me. Never heard back from the guy again. You can bet your ass that had her response been anything else and she had told me that she was going to continue talking to him, she'd be out of my life sooner than diarrhea shit comes out of your ass.

I don't believe in playing games like you should start talking to your ex or something like that even if that's a potential possibility. Simply tell her to stop and that it's disrespectful to you and what you guys are trying to build together. If that's not enough then I don't think I need to say what you need to do. Respect yourself enough to stand your ground for what you believe (rightfully in this case) to be right.

This guy is 100% correct.

yup or have her send a selfie while getting boned. the ex should figure it out fast.

keeping in contact with exes is just weird for me. delete off social media and delete off phone and ignore for life. lol
    I friended an ex on FB from my teen years. She's a fat plumper and repulsive now, so I'm totally okay with it.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

If she hasn't cheated on you yet, she will, with behaviour like that.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast