Quantcast
Where do Hotels buy their paintings? - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where do Hotels buy their paintings?

Yea I have no experience with that type of search. I just got "Modern Art"

My Ride
    Fiesta ST

There's only 1 left. I wonder how much profit I could make buying it and re-selling it to you

Glad you found it.

For those curious, if you go to the markets to ones in places like Hong Kong, they often have 'original hand painted' works in their shops for sale with multiples of each one. Go down the street and you'll find more of them. Generally what happens is that the canvas is drawn onto (copying an original), and marked out paint by number style (indicating where to put what color). So when they say like on this website that they come with a certificate of authenticity, yes it is had painted by that individual but it is by no means an 'original' painting. Not when 50+ are being made by different individuals from the same factory.

Also as a tip, if you're not having them stretch the canvas onto the wood bars (looks like they only go up to certain sizes due to shipping concerns), I would have it stretched locally asap. If you're not stretching it, at least unroll it and lay it flat somewhere. The issue is that with Hong Kong's humidity, or anywhere humid where you might buy canvas, is that when you bring it home to ultra dry Alberta the paint will begin to crack. The sooner you have it stretched, the more pliable the paint will be. The longer you wait, the higher chance you have of it cracking when stretched. Most frame shops are quick to point out any cracks in the painting before stretching it, and will caution the customer that new cracks are highly possible if the painting has been sitting around in Alberta for some time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2