Quantcast
Cutting out meat/ Gluten Free/ Vegan - Page 4 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cutting out meat/ Gluten Free/ Vegan

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

Quote Originally Posted by NissanFanBoy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I eat a lot of eggs, tofu, spinach, veggies in general, had maybe less than 10 full drinks of alcohol in the last 8 years, I do smoke pot about 2 nights a week though which often leads to junk food eating... Working on that.
    Absolutely you can cut those things out and still be healthy. It's a bit more difficult, but absolutely doable. Protein is the hardest, but if you are cool with eggs and such you'll be just fine. Full-out vegan is a challenge, but still possible. Most vegans I know tend to get sick all the time so I question how healthy of a lifestyle that truly is. It's just that animal products are usually the most loaded and easy to access with the good stuff.

To me, as long as an animal is treated well I'm fine with farm raising animals for food. I can appreciate the perspective of not wanting to kill another animal for your own well-being though, and even though we don't share that opinion I purposely conveniently "forget" where my meat comes from.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

I had a burger at the flames game last night. First time I had meat in 10 weeks. I felt so muuuurrgh after. I drank about a litre in water and was still thirsty.

I watched a documentary on youtube ten years ago. It had no commentary. It was called 'Our Daily Bread'. It just showed where out fruit, vegetables and meat comes from.. processed and sorted. Upon seeing that I cut down a lot of my meat consumption.

My Ride
    Family Hauler

Did your burger have a white bread bun, and some nice deep fried fries? You seem to have this big belief built up that meat immediately makes you feel like shit... for 99% of people grains and gluten are short term and easily noticable effects.. meat is usually longer term.

On the other hand congrats on eating healthier overall, make sure you get your vitamin b12 supplements!

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by riander5 View Post
    Did your burger have a white bread bun, and some nice deep fried fries? You seem to have this big belief built up that meat immediately makes you feel like shit... for 99% of people grains and gluten are short term and easily noticable effects.. meat is usually longer term.

On the other hand congrats on eating healthier overall, make sure you get your vitamin b12 supplements!
    Im a avid meat eater. I've eaten lamb, (minced lamb OMG OMG SO TASTY), chicken stir frys, steaks etc on their own. It gets harder as you get older. I've eaten vegetarian meals with my vegetarian friends and I have noticed I don't feel as bloated. My belief is built up on how I feel after eating meat. One does feel heavy after eating meat and poultry compared to eating plants. Each to their own I guess. Just depends on age and how much one pays attention to their body.

Our bodies are biologically set up for eating plants.

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    Im a avid meat eater. I've eaten lamb, (minced lamb OMG OMG SO TASTY), chicken stir frys, steaks etc on their own. It gets harder as you get older. I've eaten vegetarian meals with my vegetarian friends and I have noticed I don't feel as bloated. My belief is built up on how I feel after eating meat. One does feel heavy after eating meat and poultry compared to eating plants. Each to their own I guess. Just depends on age and how much one pays attention to their body.

Our bodies are biologically set up for eating plants.
    All about preparation. I saw you mentioned being extremely thirsty after your burger at the game. Undoubtedly absolutely nothing to do with the meat and rather the extreme sodium content.

Eat a bro diet (plain chicken breast, broccoli and rice) and you will never feel bloated or unusually thirsty.

I actually feel disgusting after eating veggie at nourish in Banff or the coup in Calgary. Nothing to do with the veggies but rather the amount of sauce on everything to make it taste delicious.

I notice this a lot in people that go gluten free. They claim to feel much better which to them means they were gluten intolerant. In reality they ate so shitty before that their gut flora was over stressed and they were having problems. They go gluten free and by default cut a ton of crap out and feel better. Not saying they shouldn’t do that but they draw unfounded conclusions.

Edit: and yea the claim that we can eat only veggies is fine. But suggesting we evolved to only eat veggies is factually incorrect
    Last edited by J-hop; 12-05-2017 at 04:58 PM.

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    All about preparation. I saw you mentioned being extremely thirsty after your burger at the game. Undoubtedly absolutely nothing to do with the meat and rather the extreme sodium content.

Eat a bro diet (plain chicken breast, broccoli and rice) and you will never feel bloated or unusually thirsty.

I actually feel disgusting after eating veggie at nourish in Banff or the coup in Calgary. Nothing to do with the veggies but rather the amount of sauce on everything to make it taste delicious.

I notice this a lot in people that go gluten free. They claim to feel much better which to them means they were gluten intolerant. In reality they ate so shitty before that their gut flora was over stressed and they were having problems. They go gluten free and by default cut a ton of crap out and feel better. Not saying they shouldn’t do that but they draw unfounded conclusions.

Edit: and yea the claim that we can eat only veggies is fine. But suggesting we evolved to only eat veggies is factually incorrect
    I agree the thirst is related to is sodium content.

What did you eat in Baniff? (and who the hell goes to Banff to eat veggie, )

You are right, it does depend on the prep, but thats more to do with taste. I disagree on the chicken, veggi and rice. Your talking about flavour. I have eaten that vs a vegetable dish. That's why I say each to their own, meat and poultry sits heavy on me. But personally I call bullshit on it feeling the same vs veggies. No way eating minced lamb/chicken is going to sit the same on the stomach vs eating stir fried pan Asian vegetable dish.
    My vegetarian reference is to do with Indian food and pan Asian food. The coup is fucking tastless, I would not even put that on as a comparison for veggies vs meat argument. Coup is good for checking out the hot chicks that are going through the vegan, ugg boot and yuppi dog phase of their life.

The gluten is a interesting debate, I know people who ate well before giving it up. For me its been calories and how it flows through my gut and out of my ass. Im still on the fence regards to gluten free.

I never claimed we can eat only veggies. My claim was we are set up for it but I retract my above statement, as what I was thinking and what I wrote were two separate things. My claim was we are set up for eating plants as my thinking was pointing towards science and biological aspect of it in terms of the intestines. But yes, you are right.. we are Omnivores.

As for the B12 supplements, I dont need to take any. I eat fish....

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    I agree the thirst is related to is sodium content.

What did you eat in Baniff? (and who the hell goes to Banff to eat veggie, )

You are right, it does depend on the prep, but thats more to do with taste. I disagree on the chicken, veggi and rice. Your talking about flavour. I have eaten that vs a vegetable dish. That's why I say each to their own, meat and poultry sits heavy on me. But personally I call bullshit on it feeling the same vs veggies. No way eating minced lamb/chicken is going to sit the same on the stomach vs eating stir fried pan Asian vegetable dish.
    My vegetarian reference is to do with Indian food and pan Asian food. The coup is fucking tastless, I would not even put that on as a comparison for veggies vs meat argument. Coup is good for checking out the hot chicks that are going through the vegan, ugg boot and yuppi dog phase of their life.

The gluten is a interesting debate, I know people who ate well before giving it up. For me its been calories and how it flows through my gut and out of my ass. Im still on the fence regards to gluten free.

I never claimed we can eat only veggies. My claim was we are set up for it but I retract my above statement, as what I was thinking and what I wrote were two separate things. My claim was we are set up for eating plants as my thinking was pointing towards science and biological aspect of it in terms of the intestines. But yes, you are right.. we are Omnivores.

As for the B12 supplements, I dont need to take any. I eat fish....
    Man if you haven’t eaten at nourish in Banff you have to check it out. Phenomenal veggie food.

And always eat veggie in Banff, the local wildlife is generally pretty beat up and disease ridden :p
    Last edited by J-hop; 12-05-2017 at 06:27 PM.

My Ride
    210000 km oldie

How is everyone doing with this now? I have been doing a lot of reading and also following vegan groups on FB. There are some buff and strong vegan peeps! Tom Brady supposedly is mostly plant based. Liam Hemsworth is vegan and tried to talk his brother into being a vegan.
    Since end of February I have pretty much cut out sugar, pastries, wheat, gluten, dairy. Also drastically reduced meat and caffeine consumption. My wife said my skin complexion is better. I guess my concern like many would be the amount of protein consumed. Range has been around 60 to 100g depending on what I eat. If I don't eat meat then the 100 is hard to get unless I down some protein shakes. The 'meat" society say we need 1g of protein per lb of body weight. The vegetarian world say 1g per kg of lbm.

Will keep going and see how energy, health, skin and other aspect improve.

My Ride
    2015 Kia Forte5 SX

We eat 2 or so vegan meals a week on average. And im tracking my calories with myfitnesspal now too, trying to slim down to 200 or so from 235 (currently) although one thing Im finding from actively tracking and actively eating better is im really gassy, and I imagine this is from eating more fiber.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    We eat 2 or so vegan meals a week on average. And im tracking my calories with myfitnesspal now too, trying to slim down to 200 or so from 235 (currently) although one thing Im finding from actively tracking and actively eating better is im really gassy, and I imagine this is from eating more fiber.
    What kind of fibre you getting? I think it depends...

Also I highly recommend searching online for recipes... Me and my wife have been vegan since Jan 1, she is baking and cooking lots of tasty food including vegan chocolate cupcakes...

I've found after going vegan that I now turn down donuts and most chocolate and pastries, ice cream, cake, etc.

When spring rolls and I'll be getting back into bodybuilding and loading up on beans and tofu and what not for protein.

Lots of online content for proof that you don't need meat to be strong and healthy and when articles on NFL players reaping benefits.

My Ride
    has a stick axle

Quote Originally Posted by nzwasp View Post
    Google "low fodmap foods", you can thank me later.

I'll be getting back into bodybuilding
    When is your next show?

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

And always eat veggie in Banff, the local wildlife is generally pretty beat up and disease ridden :p
    Animals or Aussies?
    Ultracrepidarian

What kind of fibre you getting? I think it depends...

Also I highly recommend searching online for recipes... Me and my wife have been vegan since Jan 1, she is baking and cooking lots of tasty food including vegan chocolate cupcakes...

I've found after going vegan that I now turn down donuts and most chocolate and pastries, ice cream, cake, etc.

When spring rolls and I'll be getting back into bodybuilding and loading up on beans and tofu and what not for protein.

Lots of online content for proof that you don't need meat to be strong and healthy and when articles on NFL players reaping benefits.
    Not to burst your bubble but you shouldn’t be using any pro athletes as examples. They are all undoubtedly on gear, even uni level football players are hitting the gear.

What you can do as an enhanced athlete does not translate a single bit to natural athletes.

This isn’t a bash on veganism just don’t look to people like that for any useful information.

My Ride
    A bunch of Nissans..duh.

Not to burst your bubble but you shouldn’t be using any pro athletes as examples. They are all undoubtedly on gear, even uni level football players are hitting the gear.

What you can do as an enhanced athlete does not translate a single bit to natural athletes.

This isn’t a bash on veganism just don’t look to people like that for any useful information.
    Wow, that's like saying every single Russian athlete cheats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KRyn View Post
    Google "low fodmap foods", you can thank me later.

When is your next show?
    Haha Natural Bodybuilding competition, Masters division, Small Town, USA
    Last edited by NissanFanBoy; 03-09-2018 at 11:46 PM.

Lol, yeah... alright.

Guys, pro sports are plagued with gear use. A naturally average player on gear will blow the doors off a naturally exceptional player off gear. As a result even the naturally gifted athletes have to get on gear to keep up.

Look at how Lance went in a couple years from a sub average (for the tour) rider to the top of the pack. Meanwhile the public thought he was clean and he evaded all testing no problem even though he was doing copious amounts of drugs. Look at Serena Williams, in a sport where drugs wouldn’t give you as much of an uplift she just happened to mistake a USADA agent coming to take a sample as a threat and hid in her panic room and called the police. Look at how long people thought Arnold Schwarzenegger was clean.

And yes in russia while not every single athlete is on gear their is no doubt they were running/are still running a state sponsored drug program. Even the ex head of the testing lab for Sochi who fled to the US has confirmed this and explained how they achieved this. Also look at russia’s Medal count in sochi at 33 before disqualifications it was the highest winter Olympic medal count they’ve ever had by far.

Not trying to make this a gear debate, just be very careful who you use for advice. Like Nissan for example you would never even think of using Phil heath for natural bodybuilding advice, you can agree that would be silly
    Last edited by J-hop; 03-10-2018 at 10:19 AM.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Nissan, if you’re feeling better and still getting gains to boot, keep doing what you’re doing because it’s working for you.

The End.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    Can't driver because I'm legally blind

Not trying to make this a gear debate, just be very careful who you use for advice. Like Nissan for example you would never even think of using Phil heath for natural bodybuilding advice, you can agree that would be silly
    Also, there is no such thing as a truly ‘natural’ competition. Everyone still runs gear, it’s just a different body type. I can’t even think of a truly natural body builder that would qualify for a natural show, let alone actually be able to make it to the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by roll_over View Post
    Also, there is no such thing as a truly ‘natural’ competition. Everyone still runs gear, it’s just a different body type. I can’t even think of a truly natural body builder that would qualify for a natural show, let alone actually be able to make it to the stage.
    Statements like this show your ignorance...

I have two family members who compete naturally, one is a double pro card holder, the other placed second in a masters class.

The double card holder is a trainer and has helped numerous others reach the stage/ place as well naturally, nutrition and proper training my friend.

I don’t claim to be an expert, but I am very familiar with the world of NATURAL body building.

My Ride
    TypeR

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    Statements like this show your ignorance...

I have two family members who compete naturally, one is a double pro card holder, the other placed second in a masters class.

The double card holder is a trainer and has helped numerous others reach the stage/ place as well naturally, nutrition and proper training my friend.

I don’t claim to be an expert, but I am very familiar with the world of NATURAL body building.

Im gonna have to agree here. I train 2 people that have got pro cards and 1 that has a high potential to get one at the next INBF show. All 3 of them look better then most guys in the sauce leagues because they hit stage weight 2-3 weeks out and dont have to water cut because nutrition is on point.

On a side note I have no clue how I would hit my protein numbers as a vegan without supplementing hard. Any of you guys hitting 200+ for prot?
    IG:scboss

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 LastLast