Quantcast
Family member in finance trouble - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Family member in finance trouble

My Ride
    '21 F150 PowerBoost

This whole situation seems way too fabricated to be real.

if this is real, and not some dumb trolling attmept, this is really fucked up.

The bill of sale is obviously forged, so cops can sort that out, and retrieve the vehicle.

2, what dealership sold her a 2017 Hyundai for $48000? I don't think they are even that much new...

3, how could she drive it off the lot? You need insurance to register it, and being financed, the finance company requires the insurance which she isn't going to get without a DL...Unless the insured driver is the BF...

this whole situation is fucked...for $50k there are so many better vehicles out there...

A little google-fu and I think this is the dealer.... https://www.rivercityhyundai.com
    Last edited by spikerS; 10-08-2017 at 07:13 AM.
    Boosted life tip #329
    Girlfriends cost money
    Turbos cost money
    Both make whining noises
    Make the smart choice.

Originally posted by Mibz
    Always a fucking awful experience seeing spikers. Extra awful when he laps me.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by spikerS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This whole situation seems way too fabricated to be real.

if this is real, and not some dumb trolling attmept, this is really fucked up.

The bill of sale is obviously forged, so cops can sort that out, and retrieve the vehicle.

2, what dealership sold her a 2017 Hyundai for $48000? I don't think they are even that much new...

3, how could she drive it off the lot? You need insurance to register it, and being financed, the finance company requires the insurance which she isn't going to get without a DL...Unless the insured driver is the BF...

this whole situation is fucked...for $50k there are so many better vehicles out there...

A little google-fu and I think this is the dealer.... https://www.rivercityhyundai.com
    Good morning and here we go!

Not fabricated. Extra fucked up.

Spikers those are the exact questions I'll be asking management this morning. And yea that's the dealership!

I found the vehicle on kijiji, she confirmed it. $29488 LOL.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/...nt=app_android

Price: $.29,488

This is what I think happened.

New kid at dealership is shady, has shady friends. Friends ask if he will do shady stuff at work. He says yes as long as I can tack some money on top and sell her everything at full price. Does. Now a legal binding fucked up paper trail points right back at them with so many unanswered questions. I've decided to make a phone call and persue this.
    Last edited by B.Spilner; 10-08-2017 at 07:56 AM.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Quote Originally Posted by sikid111 View Post
    So I have a family member that just doesn't use her brain. Here's the situation,

She bought a used 2017 Santa fe with 46000kms for $38000.

She doesn't have her license, but her boyfriend convinced her to finance the vehicle anyways and get her license at a later date. And stupidly she did....

So she gets the vehicle home, and 2 days later her boyfriend says he paying the payments so he's gonna keep it at his house.. which he now has the vehicle.

Here's the kicker, she found a hand written bill of sale that says she sold it to her boyfriend's friend, and now he has it insured. Her signature is forged, it's not hard to see.

Sorry if this is confusing I'm just boggled and trying to figure out how this happened, how did it leave the dealership with out her insurance??? Is that not illegal.

I've got her calling the cops and reporting the vehicle stolen since her boyfriend isn't answering.

Tips? Wtf just happened here?? Also I'm seeing Sean bannerjee s name on one of the dealership invoices!!!!

EDIT: she paid $48000 ( I'm just shaking my head) for a 2017 Santa fe with 46000kms.

Sean bannerjee s name is on the warranty, and paint protection papers....

Good God. Stick to your sister as she needs you more than ever.

As someone mentioned, the hand written bill of sale is fraudulent so the car can be recovered. That's just an investigation with the witness in said bill of sale. If the witness is associated with the bf than your sister, it'll look slightly better for your ssister.

So if your sister couldve bought the car without producing a licence, the dealership was sketchy to begin with imo.

Might need to lawyer up and good luck.

Also, gotta love interest

- - - Updated - - -

OP do you have a copy of the Hyundai bill of sale from the dealer? Find out where the extra $18k came from after taxes and loan interest. I bet they tacked fees that are not allowed and undisclosed. Or she got duped into extended warranty.

Send the docs to rage2 so he can confirm the Banerjee!
    Last edited by flipstah; 10-08-2017 at 08:17 AM.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

I will gladly text them over to rage if he wants to pm me his number.

I have copies of

Finance
    Dealership bill of sale
    Warranty
    Paint protection
    Hand written bill of sale.

Another fun point, she works for minimum wage part time and has had the job for no longer then 6 months.

How the f did she finance this. This just get a crazier and crazier the more it unravels

EDIT all said and done she will pay $58247.
    Last edited by B.Spilner; 10-08-2017 at 08:30 AM.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

The fact that this was financed isn't surprising. Even "reputable" dealerships have departments or in-house secondary lenders that make a killing of people with terrible credit. This is a massive part of the used vehicle industry.

Had a chat with the manager of one of the larger used car dealerships here in cowtown and he admits that he's not in the business of automobiles, he's in the business of lending to people with bad credit. He'd sell vacuums if he could get enough poor and stupid people to finance them. He hates and actively discourages anyone who wants to pay cash.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

^^^ can you finance a vehicle without a licence? I just found out she got her learners 2 days after the purchase.

My Ride
    CLK 55 / 2g Eclipse / EP3

Im not really sure what can be done here. If a bill of sale states 500,000$ for a vehicle, and she chose to agree to it and finance it, and then took possession of the vehicle, there probably isnt a whole lot she could do.

Its not fraud, its just stupidity.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

So here's the math

Sticker price - $29488
    Price agreed - $38988
    Admin fee. - $395
    Warranty. - $3250
    Etch. $499
    Tire/rim. $599.
    Gas fee. $65
    Reg. $78.93
    Gst. $2186.86

Total $46068.04
    Total with financing $58247.51.

Where's that Facepalm smiley.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by revelations View Post
    Im not really sure what can be done here. If a bill of sale states 500,000$ for a vehicle, and she chose to agree to it and finance it, and then took possession of the vehicle, there probably isnt a whole lot she could do.

Its not fraud, its just stupidity.
    I agree.

But can it be bought with out a licence, insurance and registration?

This is supposed to be a reputable dealership? Why wouldn't they question why it's being sold 10k over asking? I would hope that would be a red flag for some people. But maybe I'm wrong.
    Last edited by B.Spilner; 10-08-2017 at 09:31 AM.

I will gladly text them over to rage if he wants to pm me his number.

I have copies of

Finance
    Dealership bill of sale
    Warranty
    Paint protection
    Hand written bill of sale.

Another fun point, she works for minimum wage part time and has had the job for no longer then 6 months.

How the f did she finance this. This just get a crazier and crazier the more it unravels

EDIT all said and done she will pay $58247.
    whats the breakdown? 7% over 96 months potentially means she didn't get screwed, she's just dumb.

38g for that thing (did they bump it up 3g?) + gst + every dealer protection package + extended warranty = in the realm of possibility to be 58g after interest, because she's paying probably 14g in interest, and probably bought 5g worth of addons with the pro pack and warranty?.

Dealer financing means most everyone can get financed too. Going through BMW credit they verified my income on the honor system. Didn't even want to see my proof, didn't care. Their words, 'dont worry about financing, everyone gets approved'.

If you want to verify fraud, find out what the declared income was because I'm guessing that is fudged. It'll be fraud on your sisters end most likely as she probably signed off saying that is true (maybe she didn't), but if you can argue her IQ is low and she was coached to say that, that might be on the dealership because its not an uncommon way of scamming financing companies in to approving loans. She might have an amvic case then to nullify that deal.
    Last edited by zhao; 10-08-2017 at 09:32 AM.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

In for the lolz now my thread can be forgotten ahah
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by zhao View Post
    whats the breakdown? 7% over 96 months potentially means she didn't get screwed, she's just dumb.

38g for that thing (did they bump it up 3g?) + gst + every dealer protection package + extended warranty = in the realm of possibility to be 58g after interest, because she's paying probably 14g in interest, and probably bought 5g worth of addons with the pro pack and warranty?.

Dealer financing means most everyone can get financed too. Going through BMW credit they verified my income on the honor system. Didn't even want to see my proof, didn't care. Their words, 'dont worry about financing, everyone gets approved'.

If you want to verify fraud, find out what the declared income was because I'm guessing that is fudged. It'll be fraud on your sisters end most likely as she probably signed off saying that is true (maybe she didn't), but if you can argue her IQ is low and she was coached to say that, that might be on the dealership because its not an uncommon way of scamming financing companies in to approving loans. She might have an amvic case then to nullify that deal.
    Oh she's dumb and probably just got caught up in the moment with her useless boyfriend while he was spewing bs to her.

Is it normal to tack on 10k onto the asking price?

Can she purchase a vehicle from a dealership financing with out a licence? What about letting that vehicle leave the dealership without her insurance and registration???

These are the questions I need answers.

- - - Updated - - -

Zhao read up a few posts. I have everything laid out there.

My Ride

But can it be bought with out a licence, insurance and registration?

This is supposed to be a reputable dealership? Why wouldn't they question why it's being sold 10k over asking? I would hope that would be a red flag for some people. But maybe I'm wrong.
    Yes, the onus is on the purchaser to have all the legal paperwork taken care of. You can certainly drive a car off a lot without a plate or anything if you like.

My Ride
    Ford

was there anything else involved like the dealership paying off other bills or giving extra cash and making the price high? i used to hear ads on the radio like we will pay off your existing credit cards when you buy a vehicle from us.
    i purchased my first vehicle at 18 from Ford with a down payment and no license only had a learners. ford gave me their plate for the weekend until Monday when i could get insurance and stuff straightened away.
    that was in the Year 2000
    Last edited by blairtruck; 10-08-2017 at 09:57 AM.
    Street Tune
    446HP 536TQ W/6# Lower, 3.5 upper 16* and 16psi

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Yes, the onus is on the purchaser to have all the legal paperwork taken care of. You can certainly drive a car off a lot without a plate or anything if you like.
    I've only bought 3 new vehicles in my lifetime, all 3 they took a photo copy of my insurance and registration before it was allowed to leave....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by blairtruck View Post
    was there anything else involved like the dealership paying off other bills or giving extra cash and making the price high? i used to hear ads on the radio like we will pay off your existing credit cards when you buy a vehicle from us.
    i purchased my first vehicle at 18 from Ford with a down payment and no license only had a learners. ford gave me their plate for the weekend until Monday when i could get insurance and stuff straightened away.
    Nothing that shows on the paperwork.

My Ride
    X5D, Fiesta ST

The whole thing smells fishy, there’s info missing somewhere.

Anyway I bought a truck earlier this year that ended up being stolen. Guy broke into someone’s house who was away on vacation, stole the vehicle and sold it to himself, later selling it to me. I did a carproof, carfax, CPIC search and because it hadn’t been reported yet nothing showed up. The owner showed up a week later from vacation and reported it stolen, it had already been registered under us. It took TWO MONTHS for the RCMP to contact us regarding it being stolen...

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo View Post
    The whole thing smells fishy, there’s info missing somewhere.

Anyway I bought a truck earlier this year that ended up being stolen. Guy broke into someone’s house who was away on vacation, stole the vehicle and sold it to himself, later selling it to me. I did a carproof, carfax, CPIC search and because it hadn’t been reported yet nothing showed up. The owner showed up a week later from vacation and reported it stolen, it had already been registered under us. It took TWO MONTHS for the RCMP to contact us regarding it being stolen...
    Thats actually more of an issue with the AB reg system. Its a joke. Why the PC government did nothing about this for 20 years is staggering.

My Ride

I've only bought 3 new vehicles in my lifetime, all 3 they took a photo copy of my insurance and registration before it was allowed to leave....
    Thats what dealerships should do to protect themselves in case the purchaser gets in a wreck right away. Due diligence yes, but there is no LAW AFAIK that requires the DEALER to ensure the vehicle is legal to use on the road - esp not here in libertarian AB (compared to BC) where you have to do your OWN due diligence as a buyer.

Obviously the dealer wanted to close this (insanely good) deal as fast as possible and get the car out the door in case of any, actual sober second thoughts from the buyer.

Shady? Yes. Illegal? No.

My Ride
    1.8GHZ of V-TECH

Thats what dealerships should do to protect themselves in case the purchaser gets in a wreck right away. Due diligence yes, but there is no LAW AFAIK that requires the DEALER to ensure the vehicle is legal to use on the road - esp not here in libertarian AB (compared to BC) where you have to do your OWN due diligence as a buyer.

Obviously the dealer wanted to close this (insanely good) deal as fast as possible and get the car out the door in case of any, actual sober second thoughts from the buyer.

Shady? Yes. Illegal? No.

Nothing through the government but from my experience the bank that approved the financing wants to see proof of insurance as well as the other signed bank docs before they release funds to the dealership. Not all banks do this though.

OP should contact the bank that approved the loan and let them know that the dealership released it without insurance and proper docs. Also it might be worth contacting AMVIC, 95% of the time they're useless but every know and then I've seen them come through and completely fuck a dealership up just to show that they occasionally do do things.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    has she been texting with her old boyfriend?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast