Quantcast
Family member in finance trouble - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Family member in finance trouble

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The fact that this was financed isn't surprising. Even "reputable" dealerships have departments or in-house secondary lenders that make a killing of people with terrible credit. This is a massive part of the used vehicle industry.

Had a chat with the manager of one of the larger used car dealerships here in cowtown and he admits that he's not in the business of automobiles, he's in the business of lending to people with bad credit. He'd sell vacuums if he could get enough poor and stupid people to finance them. He hates and actively discourages anyone who wants to pay cash.
    I often hear those ads. "If you can sign your name, then you're approved".

So why would reputable (lol) lenders deny such a person if it's a seemingly cash cow?

Quote Originally Posted by sikid111 View Post
    Zhao read up a few posts. I have everything laid out there.
    we posted at exactly the same time lol.

So reading that you can go a number of ways.

See what the dealership says on this first as the owner of the dealership may actually be equally pissed. People with their finger in the 'scam' are likely the salesman, salesmanager (a salesmanager or assistant sales manager had to sign off on that), and finance manager (had to process the paperwork). So you want to go to the GM, or higher. When I worked at audi the owner freaked out at one salesman and told him to call the customer and nullify the deal because the salesman had the customer commit to buying a 3 year old used vehicle over what it cost new MSRP. If you can get the car back they may take it back because this is hella bad publicity for them if it gets out that they added 10g on to a vehicle they were advertising for 30g. Charging for a full tank of gas which is almost always free would be icing on the cake with people too.

Some sorta troubleshooter would probably have a pretty good story there. Screen shot the website advertising the vehicle (internet usually archives everything however so you can always backdate webpages). Your story here is the dealership marked it up 10g over asking price because she is a young girl, which makes them look real bad and plays in to stereotypes that girls get screwed = good news. dont make the story about the bf. or the salesman. make it about the dealership. they have the money and power to make things undone, the other 2 dont.

amvic. potential fraud going on here. Obviously talk to the dealership first as they may want to make this go away without having to deal with that. See, they advertised a vehicle for 29xxx and tehn sold it for 38000. that is advertising fraud according to the fair trade act from what i remember of running a dealership. You have to disclose the actual and correct cost of the vehicle. the financing angle is very interesting as well what could be going on there. part time minimum wage shouldn't be able to get financing on that. i bet something is fishy there. also they charged for registration when the car wasn't registered... lol
    Last edited by zhao; 10-08-2017 at 12:16 PM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Pics of sis. Preferably in bikini to properly confirm hotness-intelligence index.

Also, pic of Banerjee signature for verification.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Update:

She's call3d the cops and reported the vehicle stolen.

Also she was not there when the car was picked up, these guys brought their own insurance to the dealership and took possession?? Wtf!!

- - - Updated - - -

Edit the vehicle I posted is not the one. Found the vin and they do not match. Regardless it's exactly the same vehicle options and kilometer wise. So why was here 10k more?

I'm still waiting to hear back to the dealership. They've transffered me 3 times, I'm starting to get pissy now.

Update:

She's call3d the cops and reported the vehicle stolen.

Also she was not there when the car was picked up, these guys brought their own insurance to the dealership and took possession?? Wtf!!

- - - Updated - - -

Edit the vehicle I posted is not the one. Found the vin and they do not match. Regardless it's exactly the same vehicle options and kilometer wise. So why was here 10k more?

I'm still waiting to hear back to the dealership. They've transffered me 3 times, I'm starting to get pissy now.
    I would've thought you would've been quite pissy to start with.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    I would've thought you would've been quite pissy to start with.
    I was fine because I only knew half of the story. I was really giving the dealership the benefit of doubt, but the story just keeps getting worse.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Are the boyfriend, his friend who "bought" the vehicle, and the salesperson in on the scam together?

My Ride
    05 GDB V.8 / ZX10R / T1-7L

This is waaay too over the top to believe.

Is the dealership in the repo business? because at that price, and those payments it wont be long before the car is repo'd, she's left with the loan, and the car is resold again for profit...

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by D'z Nutz View Post
    Are the boyfriend, his friend who "bought" the vehicle, and the salesperson in on the scam together?
    This is my guess. They all do know each other....

Called back the dealership told the reception the cops were involved, she had someone on the line a few seconds later, and now Me and her now have a meeting tommorow with sales manager and the gm.

He seemed lost in my story, which I'm still lost lol. But now they're looking over all the paper work.

This is gonna get Good, I'm wearing my dancing shoes tommorow!!

My Ride
    Lease

You're a good brother. Keep us updated, good luck with everything.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    In for the lolz now my thread can be forgotten ahah
    Ye bro! It's all relative and she blew you outta the water on this one haha

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Update.

The original sales manager that looks after the area called back. Hes lost for words. He had the finance manager (I'm guessing this is who released the vehicle) call her boyfriend and tell him to return the vehicle. So yea I think someone did someone a favor and its all blowing up.

10am ish appointment tommorow.

He couldn't answer how or why the 10k above similar vehicles.

My Ride
    C43 Coupe

Good on you for sticking through it OP. Looking forward to hearing about the final result, GL!

My Ride
    Unit 91 come in 91

In for this

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Update:

Cops showed up at her place, she was scared but finally wrote a statement on the frauded bill of sale.

They are out looking for the vehicle, whoever is in it will be charged with theft.

My Ride
    Exploded.

This sounds so interesting. SO MUCH FRAUD

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I wonder what the chances are this assclown or one of his friends is on this site.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Update:

Vehicle was returned last night at 10pm at my sister's house, completely trashed...

Went to the dealership at 10 for the meeting, they're taking back the vehicle 100%. The sales manager we dealt with went above and beyond to make sure this was sorted out.

Unfortunately lots of my questions are still unanswered since this is just a cluster fuck of a situation.

This really did end up becoming a case of 1 bad egg out of a dozen.

And I wanted to point out that I would highly recommended this dealership to any of my family or friends. The customer service and how this was handled was top notch.

My Ride
    rally pig

damn, you're sister is lucky that you were there to sort everything out and you guys didnt have to cover for anything.

definitely lots of questions still unanswered, will they keep updating you or keep it all within themselves?

props for the dealership on owning up and taking care of everything.

who trashed the vehicle and how did you guys get it back? any pictures?

Update:

Vehicle was returned last night at 10pm at my sister's house, completely trashed...

Went to the dealership at 10 for the meeting, they're taking back the vehicle 100%. The sales manager we dealt with went above and beyond to make sure this was sorted out.

Unfortunately lots of my questions are still unanswered since this is just a cluster fuck of a situation.

This really did end up becoming a case of 1 bad egg out of a dozen.

And I wanted to point out that I would highly recommended this dealership to any of my family or friends. The customer service and how this was handled was top notch.

My Ride
    Lotus and a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    damn, you're sister is lucky that you were there to sort everything out and you guys didnt have to cover for anything.

definitely lots of questions still unanswered, will they keep updating you or keep it all within themselves?

props for the dealership on owning up and taking care of everything.

who trashed the vehicle and how did you guys get it back? any pictures?
    I think the person I'm dealing with will fill me in on some of the shady stuff hopefully.

Her ex boyfriend returned it after he found out the cops were called. Vehicle was what.... 7 days old? Looked like they had it for a year. Smelled like dope and ciggrrettes, ashes and butts everywhere, some weird stains on the carpet. I told the guy I was dealing with that the shady salesman should have to clean the entire thing with his toothbrush.

The only charges pending so far are for the person that wrote the fraudulent bill of sale.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast