Thread: Street Racing Article

My Ride
    E90 335i

Default Street Racing Article

George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

My Ride
    FA1

Interesting article.

I still feel however, the person that is reponsible is the person driving behind the steering wheel.

I do feel that although it is a majority of Asian Males driving "high-powered" cars. It is the responsibility of the driver of that car to maintain and control the car as necessary.

Because a few bad drivers are out there, the rest of the community has to take the stabbing too.

I don't know..

My Ride
    FA1

I still think they shouldn't say its all Chinese males or Asian males. I don't know, kinda pisses me off. Asians aren't the only one to drive high powered cars. Everyone does.

My Ride
    E90 335i

I can't believe that chicken-shit that killed that cop has disappeared! I hope they find him and make an example of him!

Originally posted by defekt1
    I still think they shouldn't say its all Chinese males or Asian males. I don't know, kinda pisses me off. Asians aren't the only one to drive high powered cars. Everyone does.
    My thoughts exactly, i find it offending that they stereotype the drivers of the "rice rockets" as asian drivers.

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by 5gluder

My thoughts exactly, i find it offending that they stereotype the drivers of the "rice rockets" as asian drivers.
    True but lets look at the facts here, the last three or four people who have killed others in street racing in Vancouver have all been asian. And let's not kid ourselves, just take a look around, asians comprise the largest group within this so-called "Street Racer" community. That's not a negative thing, but it's inevitable when something bad happens, everyone gets painted with the same brush. Human nature.

Originally posted by B17a
    I can't believe that chicken-shit that killed that cop has disappeared! I hope they find him and make an example of him!
    Hes probably back in Hong Kong with his parents, and I doubt they will actively look for him over there. I agree, they should plaster his picture all over the media overseas, I'm sure someone would like a fat cash reward so he can be brought to justice.
    ---

they mention its not a "racial" thing..... but yet the point the finger at rich asian parents....

Originally posted by B17a

True but lets look at the facts here, the last three or four people who have killed others in street racing in Vancouver have all been asian. And let's not kid ourselves, just take a look around, asians comprise the largest group within this so-called "Street Racer" community. That's not a negative thing, but it's inevitable when something bad happens, everyone gets painted with the same brush. Human nature.
    Your right, but the referal of asian drivers is based on an area that is largley made up of a diverse community. If this happened somewhere else like Saskatchawan where the ethic population is lower, do you think they would still refer the drivers of "rice rockets" as asian drivers?

I'm sure in an area like Vancouver where there may be a majority of asian drivers that drive fixed-up rides are more likley to be caught doing some sort of illegal driving, but that dosen't mean that a person should automatically start stereotyping that Chineese people drive "rice rockets".

My Ride
    NC1

Its unfortunate that asians are stereotyped as street racers but it seems like the import scene is somewhat dominated by orientals.
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

I'm not gonna say whether the article was right, or whether it was wrong, but I will say this, there does seem to be a large number of oriental people in the street racing scene. Also, while many of you have said this is unfair, I have noticed such quotes as these:

"Rice Fly by! Wooooooooosh!" - Ecstasy_Civic
    "last night at the street races" - Me_VS_YOU
    "ya it was no fly by man that car is the real thing trust me! i needed those 5 point harnesses" - Ecstasy_Civic
    "ppl come down with there ricers and turn on all the lights they can competing to see who can be the best christmas tree.." - redline_13000
    "I pull up to a red light with a 2000 silver Prelude, driven by a young Asian girl (sound familiar to anyone?)" - NinjaK84
    "chalk up another for the honda guys!!" - LUDELVR
    "I revved mine, and we go at the light." - NinjaK84
    "Anyway, I wait till he pulls up beside me, then I drop it in second, take off, and in the end, that was pretty much that." - LUDELVR

So this is why people might think that.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

"The parent is responsible for the children's actions," Chris Ng said. "They do not need to provide such expensive, high-powered cars, then leave their children alone and let them do whatever. It is not fair to take someone's life so carelessly. Just for fun."
    Not to be an ass or anything, but a Civic is an expensive high powered car?

As for stereotyping asains, have you guys been to Richmond? I think the media has a right to point their fingers at asians. It's like Hong Kong over there. I've ran with a few people when I went down there, and they have no skill at all. Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should...
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Honda

another racial profiling article, wow.

"all asians are rich racers that kill cops"
    "all muslims are terrorists"
    "all blacks are in gangs"

My Ride
    changes daily :D

Originally posted by ninjak84
    another racial profiling article, wow.

"all asians are rich racers that kill cops"
    "all muslims are terrorists"
    "all blacks are in gangs"
    can't forget

all whites can't jump or dance

My Ride
    NC1

Originally posted by infamous

can't forget

all whites can't jump or dance

Oh man! Thats so freaking funny......no one take offence to it though......
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    Probe

The never said ONCE that ALL asians are street racing, or that its JUST asians with fast cars and money!
    But the article DOES say that in the past little bit 6 ASIANS have been caught or something of that matter ( only went over it quickly )
    So your telling me that if 50 white boys go steal old ladies wheel chairs that they should just brand all teenagers as punk kids... of course not! if the statistics point out a certain race as ONE of the MAJOR problems of course they will mention it!
    Facts are Facts, they woudnt come out of no were and just pic asians for something to do , just so they can piss people off... come on and get some common sense

If asians are the main problem in vancouver with street racing, it should be brought up that asians street racing is a problem!

clear and simple
    and no last time i checked im not racist... my kkk clan are a bunch nice of guys ... just joking guys calm down haha

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

Honestly, this article pisses me off. I have been to BC and yes I realize that a lot of the younger people there modding up their cars are asians but come on...the white guys in their not so singled out cars cause a lot of shit too. The street races in BC might have a lot of asians in attendance but thats because its the majority population there. If you've ever been out to the races here in calgary, they're mostly white guys and girls out there. We have accidents here all the time with white people, as I'm sure BC does as well. So what, just because the cases where death occur happen to be asian, they're automatically the bad guys? I hardly think so. I'm a white female and I hold my race just as responsible for racing and accidents as any other. Doesn't matter what they are, white, asian, black, latino, girl, boy. It doesn't matter. This article was clearly written with by a very biased and racist reporter who knows little about his or her facts and in my journalism program, we are taught that it's wrong to do that. You have to present both sides of the story or in this case, the story of all racers, not just one section of them. I have used my own article regarding the racing problems in a newswriting class of mine and got a 98% on it. I doubt this article would recieve the same mark.

Mel

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    Probe

well let me shoot something out there...
    maybe it wasnt a biased kinda reporter...
    see we are teenaged kids who know the import sense inside and out because we are IN it...
    But if your some 40 year old reporter and the only thing you have to go by is some statistics paper thats infront of you, and your boss tells you to write up a paper...
    So i guess if we are into the seeing all sides aspect here... maybe it wasnt the reporters fault ...
    who knows

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

Originally posted by ConVict
    well let me shoot something out there...
    maybe it wasnt a biased kinda reporter...
    see we are teenaged kids who know the import sense inside and out because we are IN it...
    But if your some 40 year old reporter and the only thing you have to go by is some statistics paper thats infront of you, and your boss tells you to write up a paper...
    So i guess if we are into the seeing all sides aspect here... maybe it wasnt the reporters fault ...
    who knows
    The reporter may not be biased but his facts were. Reporters have every right to go out and investigate, editor prefer it and it wouldn't be hard to find someone that knows a little more about it. Stories like that are usually suggested by the reporters to the editors, soft news like that generally is...if that is the case, this man had better do more research...

Mel

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    400whp MR2 - An Italian and a couple of Germans

I've ran with a few people when I went down there,
    you just became another asian statistic to point the blame at thats ok though at least you're not rippign down the road at 302km/h
    Looking for a new VW? How about a used vehicle? We are Central Albertas #1 source for pre-owned vehicles
    I will beat any deal on a new VW for beyonders

Gary Moe Volkswagen/Gary Moe Used Car Superstore!

Red Deer, AB

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast