Quantcast
Street Racing Article - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Street Racing Article

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
    you just became another asian statistic to point the blame at thats ok though at least you're not rippign down the road at 302km/h
    I'm white, what are you talking about?
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    '15 GTI

up until now...asian guys have been stereotyped as the quiet geeks...i'd much rather have that rep than man-killing, speed demons...mind you man-killing, speed-demon in a bmw works way better on the ladies than the former...

i dont get how u can juss disapear...he is bound to show up sooner or later

My Ride
    a wrx.

well shit...im a young asian male.

i better get my parents to buy me a high-powered import now! otherwise the retard wrote this article might be wrong about me!

My Ride
    e46

that article is so sickening...it's all stereotypes.

i live in richmond, and every friday and saturday there are about a million road blocks either in richmond or in vancouver areas around it. bunch of BS...

not my fault street racers killl people...stop pulling me over!

My Ride
    changes daily :D

i would have to agree....there are many white people who drive nice fast cars, and they race and kill people....the stereotype should belong to every single race and sex, not just to asians...i am white, and i even feel the need to take some responsibility....and even though people have died, are dying, and will die should be enough motivation for us to change...i know that i have toned down my driving since hearing about all the deaths and accidents (not to mention tickets)...i just pray that the fucker who killed the cop gets caught, and is put in a car while someone else rams it at 200 km/h....i hope that he dies and goes to hell

My Ride
    1999 Impreza hybrid CLOSED DECK!

i can't beleive that was in the globe and mail... that is the scariest article i have read... its like we are back in the 30s with muthaF***ers throwing rocks at shops...there are street racers in every single major city in the world and people die... happens all the time... and these chinese people blaming thier own youth is sickening.. toronto is packed with chinese people too... wheres the article on that?

My Ride
    E90 335i

Originally posted by 5gluder

My thoughts exactly, i find it offending that they stereotype the drivers of the "rice rockets" as asian drivers.
    I don't think you should be too offended. The reported probably talked to a couple people, heard the term "rice rocket" a couple times and based it on that. Plus, look on this forum how much rice reference there is, heck, how many members have rice in their usernames? And as someone pointed out already, ricer fly-bys, ricer this, ricer that...
    George likes his Kung Pao spicy!

I think many of you have missed the point of the article. Not once in the article did they say that all Asian people drive in illegal street racing, and kill people. All the article was saying, is that there is a common trend.

My Ride
    e46

watching the news right now...talking about richmond street racing. AGAIN, chinese are to blame. they specified "asian teenagers with expensive cars....who's buying them and why?" and they say "the parents are to blame, because they do not NEEEEEED to buy such expensive powerful cars for their kids"...

first of all, cars that are "expensive" dont necessarily mean they're powerful...and if they're powerful, doesn't mean that everyone is going to race them...

second, what's it to the BC government what "asian parents" buy for their kids, they help the economy...so stop harassing us!

third, parents do not "NEED" to provide expensive cars for their kids...but maybe they want to you stupid ass BC people...

if they want to stop street racing they might as well ban all cars and lets all take the freakin' bus

My Ride
    '07 Ranger FX4 Level II

totally agree with that!

Mel
    Originally posted by rage2

Just because you're older... doesn't mean you need older women. Nothing wrong with an 18 year old here and there!

My Ride
    2016 VW MK7 R ORYX DSG TECH

Angry

Well, I guess this is such a controversial topic so I thought I might as well give my 2 cents.

My first impression of this article is that asians are to blame for these automobile accidents. The overall tone and setting of the article entirely "holds" asians responsible for the deaths. But that is what the media does. MISDIRECTION OF INFORMATION!!!! They don't tell it like it is but tell it like what people want to hear.

But I think before this incident with the cop, people are already aware of asians and imports (and I think you will agree with me for the fact that the majority of us drive imports) and they are just waiting for something to happen to cry about it. It's just like the saying ....

I's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that people shouldn't feel sorry for the people who died or those drivers who killed shouldn't feel remorse. But accidents are a part of life.

I feel that it is an unfair portrayal of the asian community but that's what the media does. It find scapegoats for people to blame for societies' problems. When the media targets this group to be blamed, it makes people that are not involved feel a little bit better about themselves. Because they didn't do the "bad things." But then again, it probably helps all of us realize what we are doing and make us reflect and think of all our actions and ponder the consequences.

I dunno Sorry if I didn't make any sense.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    FKA Silver_SpecV

Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
    Well, I guess this is such a controversial topic so I thought I might as well give my 2 cents.

My first impression of this article is that asians are to blame for these automobile accidents. The overall tone and setting of the article entirely "holds" asians responsible for the deaths. But that is what the media does. MISDIRECTION OF INFORMATION!!!! They don't tell it like it is but tell it like what people want to hear.

But I think before this incident with the cop, people are already aware of asians and imports (and I think you will agree with me for the fact that the majority of us drive imports) and they are just waiting for something to happen to cry about it. It's just like the saying ....

I's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

Don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that people shouldn't feel sorry for the people who died or those drivers who killed shouldn't feel remorse. But accidents are a part of life.

I feel that it is an unfair portrayal of the asian community but that's what the media does. It find scapegoats for people to blame for societies' problems. When the media targets this group to be blamed, it makes people that are not involved feel a little bit better about themselves. Because they didn't do the "bad things." But then again, it probably helps all of us realize what we are doing and make us reflect and think of all our actions and ponder the consequences.

I dunno Sorry if I didn't make any sense.
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure if I would agree with that statement.

You say that accidents are a part of life, and that should just be accepted, but then you feel that it is unfair to blame to purportraitors of the crime? Now I'm not saying that it is the all of the asian community that is responsible, because 95% or more isn't. But in the cases that were looked at, Asian drivers were responsible for what happened.

My major "beef" with what you said though, is pretty much what I said in my first sentence. The Asian community has not been hurt by this, the people that have been racing, will continue to race on general level. I know that accidents are a part of life, but there is always someone at fault in the accidents. And in these particular cases, it was Asians.

My Ride
    Probe

Thats exactly what i said...

Good thing we live in Calgary. I wouldn't like to see someone in Calgary getting or killing someone while street racing. If so, us import enthusiats are all in big trouble.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2