Decent look at Mid-Engine Corvette - Page 2 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Decent look at Mid-Engine Corvette

My Ride
    GR Supra MT, MK8 Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Xtrema View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    https://jalopnik.com/mid-engine-corv...h-b-1833247405

Possible debut in Aug. Lots of problems along the way. But still starts at $60-$70K USD base? Seems too good to be true.
    "the underlying aluminum chassis can’t seem to handle the stresses of ZR1-beating horsepower, as test mules with a twin-turbo V8 flexed enough to break the engine cover glass."

wtf GM

That being said if this thing showed up with a mildly massaged LT1 making 500hp/500tq and could be purchased for $80-95K CAD to start it would be one hell of a good buy

My Ride
    Bicycle

https://www.autoblog.com/2019/03/13/...rvette-update/

oh boy

A Reuters report said Global B would "move much of a vehicle's computer power to the ... cloud," and in doing so enable over-the-air updates. To ensure privacy, it's said GM conferred with Boeing and military contractors about network security. Sherman wrote that "100 or more computer modules per vehicle communicate on CAN (computer area network) bus," and Corvette engineers are — or were — having a tough time getting all those nodes on the same team.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Wut? That takes away almost ALL interest in the car. Can you imagine GM trying to handle this long term, let alone owning one out of warranty/support?!
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

https://jalopnik.com/mid-engine-corv...h-b-1833247405

Possible debut in Aug. Lots of problems along the way. But still starts at $60-$70K USD base? Seems too good to be true.
    Yeah I can't see how they can do it that cheap. That said there's probably a sweet spot that GM would be wise to not eclipse as once these cars get into the $100k+ base price, sales nosedive as there's just not a big market for non-exotic car brands selling for exotic prices as the NSX has been a disaster for Honda.

My Ride
    K-car

Someone with "inside news" on other forums said there are no chassis flex issues or more than one incident with the rear window breaking. So far, lots of electrical problems to sort through (we're guessing C8 will be a Hybrid of sorts) and the're testing this model through every extreme possible much more thoroughly than past Corvettes. Someone else comfirmed the car will have HP in the 4 figures......nice!

Can't wait to see this thing.

My Ride
    ute

No way it has 1000hp

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    No way it has 1000hp
    Apparently Zora/ZR1 will but I bet it's some sort of hybrid rating, not from ICE alone.

My Ride
    K-car

Apparently Zora/ZR1 will but I bet it's some sort of hybrid rating, not from ICE alone.
    750 ICE + Electric. Again, this is strictly speculation at this point but numbers in the 1000's with this setup would be possible. I DO expect the engine to be based on the new Blackwing TT V8 in the Cadillac (550 Hp 627 Tq) with more power of course. Maybe a off the floor Stingray will be around 650 Hp 650 Tq.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

I’ll probably end up with one. Really wanted a 7sp manual Zr1 before I got my R8. Nice to see the mid engine corvette is actually starting to come to fruition. Been a long fucking time of speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by corsvette View Post
    and the're testing this model through every extreme possible much more thoroughly than past Corvettes.
    I gotta say, it's a little weird for them to go the same extremes as other manufacturers finally, only after the Viper has stopped production and they don't really have a competitor any more. I can't wait to see it myself though.

My Ride
    V8s

Quote Originally Posted by Buster View Post
    No way it has 1000hp

Last edited by 01RedDX; 09-23-2020 at 11:44 AM.

This will not have 1000 HP lol. If it somehow does it will be $200K++ and include some sort of hybrid rating. We went through the same rumors with the Ford GT and it ended up having less than 650 HP.

I think they need to be very careful with pricing because as soon as it gets into McLaren/Ferrari/Huracan/911 TT territory, nobody wants a mass produced Chevy. Barely used McLarens and 911TT's can be had under $200K.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 03-15-2019 at 01:34 PM.

My Ride
    992 T-hawk Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This will not have 1000 HP lol. If it somehow does it will be $200K++ and include some sort of hybrid rating. We went through the same rumors with the Ford GT and it ended up having less than 650 HP.

I think they need to be very careful with pricing because as soon as it gets into McLaren/Ferrari/Huracan/911 TT territory, nobody wants a mass produced Chevy. Barely used McLarens and 911TT's can be had under $200K.
    All of the above is why I'm still not 100% convinced it will actually be a "Corvette". The new mid engine car is too far removed from the brand and following they've created. It would make more sense to me to build a new Halo car and continue on with the Corvette in it's typical V8, front engine affordable form.
    I like neat cars.

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    All of the above is why I'm still not 100% convinced it will actually be a "Corvette". The new mid engine car is too far removed from the brand and following they've created. It would make more sense to me to build a new Halo car and continue on with the Corvette in it's typical V8, front engine affordable form.
    I find that more believable, something like Ford does with the GT, if it is going to have ridiculous performance numbers.

My Ride
    K-car

Quote Originally Posted by 90_Shelby View Post
    There has been some rumors of a mid-engined Cadillac halo car. I doubt many would buy one under the Caddy name, they have better luck branding this as some sort of Corvette spinoff. So far I've heard the name Zora, and a spy shot showed the "Stingray" logo between the front seats. So maybe the front engined C7 type will stay around?
    Last edited by corsvette; 03-16-2019 at 09:01 PM.

My Ride
    111R, FL5, DC2R, E61,W201, E36, GSW

Quote Originally Posted by corsvette View Post
    There has been some rumors of a mid-engined Cadillac "halo car". I doubt many would buy one under the Caddy name, they have better luck branding this as some sort of Corvette spinoff. So far I've heard the name Zora, and a spy shot showed the "Stingray" logo between the front seats. So maybe the front engined C7 type will stay around?
    I’ve heard rumours that they’ll keep a “cheaper” front engined vette and then have the flagship as the mid engined version. Would make sense imho.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2