Quantcast
Movies Anywhere - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Movies Anywhere

My Ride
    Grimace

Default Movies Anywhere

Has anyone tried out 'Movies Anywhere' https://moviesanywhere.com/? Seems like a pretty good solution to the digital movie fragmentation issue. Seems to only work with US iTunes accounts currently though so it is preventing me from linking all my accounts. You have to sign up using a VPN, but then you can link google play, US iTunes, VUDU (Link your ultraviolet here) and amazon (US). Not all studios are on board yet and there are some issues when you have multiple versions of a movie, but it seems to give you UHD access as well.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

It's US only, so yes, US iTunes account (which ain't a huge deal). The big catch is that it requires location services enabled to ensure that you're scanning your physical media in the US. I'm contemplating on driving to Montana with my 6 garbage bags full of old DVDs to scan them all in a parking lot in Shelby.

Once it's scanned, it shows up in iTunes US account, no location verification needed after that.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Grimace

Ya, I saw the scanning thing through vudu I think? Could you use a GPS spoofing app on iOS to do this? I believe UV though is currently dead in Canada due to the issues with flixster. Hopefully this comes here soon as now itunes is the best place to buy movies with their UHD pricing. I tested out vudu and it looks like as long as you are on a VPN it is fine so I bought atomic blonde and it showed up right away in google play and also movies anywhere. This was $15 USD vs $30 CDN for UHD.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Atomic Blonde looked great in 4K UHD. My other favorite 4K UHD on iTunes is Lucy. Very well done on the HDR, looks beautiful without being exaggerated.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Grimace

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Atomic Blonde looked great in 4K UHD. My other favorite 4K UHD on iTunes is Lucy. Very well done on the HDR, looks beautiful without being exaggerated.
    I was smart enough to buy a 4k TV like a year before lower priced models got HDR but I will probably give lucy a try in 4k at least.

My Ride
    Grimace

Microsoft has now joined movies anywhere. Logged in using VPN and had no issues adding my account. Works on Window 8+ and also Xbox One/360. Now another source to watch for deals. Probably should just set up an american itunes account to get those sweet sweet UHD for HD pricing as google play is insane for UHD and Vudu is hit or miss depending on the titles.