Quantcast
All-inclusive bookings for large groups? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: All-inclusive bookings for large groups?

My Ride
    This and that.

Default All-inclusive bookings for large groups?

What sites are you guys booking your all-inclusive holidays on these days? I browsed some and all of them only offer maximum of 6 people booking and we are looking to book a large group of 11 or 12 people sometime at the end of next months. I get I may have to talk to someone on the phone but looking for recommendations on the sites/agencies to get in touch with. Where should I be looking for best possible deals etc? We aren't picky on the location as long as it is somewhere tropical and all-inclusive. Recommendations? Suggestions?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Phone westjet vacations. Larger groups have to be done by phone by it they are excellent.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

We booked 12 guys for a bachelor party in Cabo pretty easily. 2 in each room so really we just had 6 people go on the website on the same day and booked it. It was about 4-5 months in advance tho, so that strategy might not work so well if it’s sooner since flights/hotels may be closer to capacity

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and we booked right on the resort’s website (Riu). Flight and hotel package with direct WestJet flights.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Shaka, my buddy is a travel agent. He's based in Toronto but it doesn't matter. For everything from price to info to perks, he kicks ass. I'd never book an all inclusive without him. Let me know if you want his info.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

For a 12 person booking I would really hope to be getting some better discounts than just booking a bunch of individual 2 person rooms...
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    For a 12 person booking I would really hope to be getting some better discounts than just booking a bunch of individual 2 person rooms...
    You would think that but most of the time its not. We've been on 2 huge destination weddings and both times it was cheaper to book by ourselves on a separate site. One was a group of 80 to cancun and the other was a group of 30 to DR. The only hassle is trying to join their same flights but for what we saved it was still worth it.

If you phone itravel2000 and speak with an agent you can get a discount. They offer Petro Points as a regular promotion however on a 6 person booking they gave us $50 off per person instead of the Petro Points. My wife booked a group of 24 last year and they gave 1 fare/hotel/trip for free. So basically they just split that free booking across the price of everyone's cost. I believe it worked out to about $60-75 saving per person.

These aren't huge savings but better then nothing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket1k78 View Post
    You would think that but most of the time its not. We've been on 2 huge destination weddings and both times it was cheaper to book by ourselves on a separate site. One was a group of 80 to cancun and the other was a group of 30 to DR. The only hassle is trying to join their same flights but for what we saved it was still worth it.
    I've been to a few destination weddings and I noticed this as well. The first time I booked with the group and after that every wedding I booked on my own and saved a few hundred at least. I wonder if the wedding couple receive a benefit of booking a larger group into the hotel?

My Ride
    This and that.

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I will check the different options out. @JRSC00LUDE - If you think your buddy can hook me up with a good deal then by all means. PM me the info and I can shoot him an email with your reference.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Group bookings are a convienience. Scheduling 10+ people all coordinated with flights, rooms, etc costs money. Buying in bulk in this case doesn't really.have an economy of scale, its almost the inverse.

Only place I see you really saving is on the hotel rooms.