Quantcast
The Hollywood Sexual Harassment/Abuse/Assault Thread - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hollywood Sexual Harassment/Abuse/Assault Thread

My Ride
    Model 3 Performance

Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well looks like Louis C.K. is done. Admits to it everyone cutting ties.

Next up, George Takei.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...l-1981-1056698
    1981? Who the hell can make any accurate recollection of something that happened 36 years ago? I listen to Howard Stern so I know Takei is a horny dude but what's really the point of spilling this out on an 80 year old dude? These people say it's bothered them for a long time but if that's the truth why do they all do nothing about it until it all of a sudden becomes the cool thing to do in Hollywood? Let's not forget that stuff like the Spacey accusations as well as this one is that a lot of people can't remember accurately events that happened to them last week let alone 30 years as your mind starts to alter your memories over time to bend what you think happened to what you want to believe happened. I don't discount that the events may have happened or ignore that creeps like Weinstein preyed on actors but I don't see the point in destroying peoples lives for incidents you remember happening to yourself ages ago. Plenty of us here I am sure have done some things they are ashamed of when they were young (I know I did) and most of us I'm sure have moved on to become good citizens that live regular lives and I don't see what good comes out of destroying lives decades after the incident. It's not like Spacey or Takei brutally raped these guys that they were scarred for life. More of an uncomfortable incident for both and maybe if they came out at the time of the incidents or within a few years that's one thing but after all these years. I just can't get on board with that.

In my early 20's I once passed out at a party in a bedroom only to wake up to unwanted head from a girl I had no interest in. I threw her out of the room passed out again and went on with my life but if I decided to make accusations about it 20 years later what would that accomplish? I see her on facebook with young kids and a husband and why would I want to try and destroy that for a stupid incident where alcohol was involved? It just seems a little mean spirited to destroy peoples lives and careers for mistakes they may have made when they were young and stupid.

Even the Weinstein stuff although deplorable how many actresses simply accepted is as long as he could further their careers? Everyone keeps quite because they feel their career and money is more important but that's not helping the people that come after you so I feel some of these actresses were selfish not to come out earlier as they were more worried about their careers than uncovering what was gong on. It's easy to come out after when you have millions of dollars to fall back on and a reputation but I have more respect for the women like Rose McGowan who was actively trying to bring this stuff out before it all came to a head than the ones that just piled on when it become an in thing and they felt it wouldn't cost them a movie role. I don't want to come off as a victim blamer but lets not pretend that the actors/actresses didn't place a higher value their careers and money than bringing justice to these guys.
    Last edited by heavyD; 11-14-2017 at 02:30 PM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Tik-Tok View Post
    For real? Daaaaammmn, looks like she assaulted the Vegas buffets. I'd just close my eyes, put on gloves, and think of the 90's.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Not illegal? So next time you're at work, walk into a female coworker's office, close the door, pull your dick out and jerk it. Let me know what happens.

Women have been bitching about Louis CK for years now, and using his high powered manager to shut talks of his behavior down which is an abuse of power. It just took Weinstein to get MSM to pay attention.
    From my understanding with the two women. This wasn't in a work place setting. He invited women into his hotel room, whipped it out, jerked off, and they laughed it off. Creepy and crude sexual misconduct, but illegal tho? Now they are riding this victim card pretty hard saying they were 'paralyzed' in that situation. I agree with Super_Geo, it is a bit of a witch hut to me.

He's a comic. Dude brought 2 women to his hotel room. Which they completely obliged. Not condoning his behavior, but this is way different than me inviting a coworker by the water cooler and showing her my dick.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Perpetrators need to be held accountable for sure but victims also need to be accountable for what they're saying. It's not ethical to conveniently leave out details just to fit your own narrative and cause, but I suppose there's bias in every story told.

You can have beer on your breath and whisper to a chick that you think she her legs look great in that skirt.

If she's into you, it's just being flirtatious.

If she's not into you, then it's verbal harrassment and unwanted sexual advances.

No mention of those that will really suffer:

His daughters.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    "I felt so powerless and I just went through with it. But now that I'm a millionaire famous actor/actress, I can speak out about it!"

Sounds a bit like Indian giving to me. Now, I'm not talking about rape, that's a violent crime and there is no excuse for it! But ANYTHING else that people are claiming is straight up fucking bullshit. They went along with it because that was the way to success, and now they are taking back that agreement.
    ^Nailed it!

The statute of limitations on this BS needs to be knocked down to about, oh I'd say a week. How do you suck a dick you regret and then try to make a big deal of it 20 years later?!? All of these tools are nobodies or no longer somebody in hollywood, their careers are shot or never going to happen and they want attention right f'n now. They knew damn well when it happened to them that it was wrong and they didn't say shit, instead they whored themselves out to get the little part on the big screen. They also left the door wide open for it to happen to other people instead of stopping these people by reporting the incident immediately. This whole #metoo junk seems to be nothing more than a depraved fad.

My Ride
    Exploded.

Terry Crews is the newest one to be assaulted.

http://people.com/tv/terry-crews-des...lt-adam-venit/

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

The #metoo campaign had started a decade ago.

Being perfectly serious, the way Anchorman portrayed women in the workplace is exactly how I imagine its been for a long time in the industry. Some women may have regrettably sucked a dick to get a part and now saying they were harassed that does not represent the majority of these cases. Rather, they're genuine sexual assaults that have taken place and were previously afraid to come forward. Theo Fleury didn't come forward about his assault case for over 10 fucking years.

Think about it: why would a rape victim not report it to police? Ashamed, fear of not being believed, fear of no one caring, fear for their safety, fear for their career?

You guys cannot and should not generalize that all these women coming forward as of late as some rouse to get some attention and dismiss their allegations. It's that very same primitive thinking that lends itself to this shit happening in the first place.

False rape cases happen throughout the year but pale in comparison to the number of genuine cases. Does that mean we dismiss all rape victims coming forward? Unequivocally, no you don't. You build a case and investigate based off their statement, not go with your gut feeling if you think they're bullshiting you or not.
    Ultracrepidarian

Actors - Decade old allegations of varying severity = instant loss of career

Trump - Sexual harassment caught on video = gets elected President

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Big day today.

Matt Lauer - fired from NBC
    Andy Rubin - Leave of absence from Essential Phone.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Exploded.

Big day today.

Matt Lauer - fired from NBC
    Andy Rubin - Leave of absence from Essential Phone.
    Holy shit, no longer a good day TODAY

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

The Matt Lauer one doesn't really shock me. The guy comes off as a total douche.

I was wondering how long until someone used these allegations to their advantage and it seems like the Al Franken one might be one:
    https://imgur.com/gallery/FWPtO

Heard on the radio that Ben Affleck can be added to this list.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    '16 FoRS, '09 UZN215, '90 Z32, '15 Grom

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Actors - Decade old allegations of varying severity = instant loss of career

Trump - Sexual harassment caught on video = gets elected President
    So true.

And even Trump just tweeted:

Wow, Matt Lauer was just fired from NBC for “inappropriate sexual behavior in the workplace.” But when will the top executives at NBC & Comcast be fired for putting out so much Fake News. Check out Andy Lack’s past!
    That's fucked up.

This is getting ridiculous. Want someone's career to be over and life ruined? Just toss out an allegation. If they did it, fine, but with zero proof and no trial I don't think anyone should be getting punished.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    So true.

And even Trump just tweeted:

That's fucked up.
    There was a good Kevin Spacey meme regarding house of cards, something like "When the fake president is held to a higher standard than the real one"

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Nothing interesting anymore

Simmons offered her a ride home after a dinner but then directed his driver to take them to Simmons' home, despite her repeated requests to be driven to her home.

"I felt dread and disorientation," she writes, "I wanted to go home. I said I wanted to go home. I didn't recognize the man next to me. I didn't know if the situation would turn violent. I remember thinking that I must be crazy; I remember hoping that the Russell I knew would return any moment."

"Alone in the elevator" to Simmons' apartment, Lumet continues, "you pressed me into the corner with your body, your hands and your mouth." She then describes making "the trade in my mind" and acquiescing to sex with Simmons, fearing for her safety if she refused.
    So, she was scared in the limo, but still went up to the apartment? Maybe it's because I've never been in such a situation, but I really don't understand the choices some of these victims make.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by sexualbanana View Post
    So you're saying it's their fault for going back to his room? Or that they weren't entitled to change their mind once they got up to his room?
    You have to be pretty naive to think there isn't any shit about to go down when invited to a hotel room. Especially when head counts are 3 or less.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    Trump - Sexual harassment caught on video
    What? #fakenews indeed. He made some bullshitty comments that anyone else has made bullshitting with friends (well, the exact phrasing he used is stupid, but whatever). He did not sexually harass anyone, and there is no video evidence of that. Fuck Welcome to 2017 I suppose.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by HiTempguy1 View Post
    He did not sexually harass anyone, and there is no video evidence of that. Fuck Welcome to 2017 I suppose.
    That we know of yet.

Only thing on tape is grab her by the pussy locker room talk.

But what we know from the last month is that you need less than that to lose everything which is what Mitsu is saying.
    Last edited by Xtrema; 11-30-2017 at 01:42 PM.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast