Quantcast
Edmonton Real Estate / rentals - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Edmonton Real Estate / rentals

Default Edmonton Real Estate / rentals

My son is looking at going to NAIT next year for Post Secondary...

In general Edmonton (LOL) sucks but what are the better neighborhoods to look at for rentals / condos etc...

I'm not opposed to buying a place if the price and neighborhood is good.

thanks.
    2011 Ram 1500 QC Sport
    2017 Jeep Cherokee Limited

Buy something downtown. Its a quick commute to NAIT.

My Ride
    LNF

Oliver is a good area. It is just west of downtown so lots of good options for buses and LRT (10 min bus ride to NAIT). You could buy, but there are lots of good rentals that are affordable at any budget in that area.

You could also buy downtown, the Ultima is really nice and Fox towers are good. They are more pricey then Oliver. If you pockets are deep, check out the Sky tower suites that are being built in the ice district.
    Last edited by mzdspd; 11-10-2017 at 11:25 AM.

My Ride
    1995 WRX STi

Being close to NAIT would be my #1 goal.

There is a 12 building condo complex just to the north of NAIT, was brand new when I lived there for my final year in 2009/2010. Nice little place, I rented a bachelor suite. Had everything including insuite laundry and a bedroom. Quiet, 5 minute walk to school. Now with the LRT, you can get to downtown WAY easier/quicker.

11827 105 St NW, Edmonton, AB is the address

I don't much see a point in living downtown directly if you are at NAIT, unless there are other reasons besides school to do so. Might as well be as close to school as possible, as that will be the main part of the kids life. Want to go party downtown, 5 to 10 minutes away. If anything, I'd rather live closer to Whyte Ave and LRT to NAIT. Gives access to the UofA ladies. Downtown Edmonton is kind of pointless.

I'm looking at this strictly from a rental perspective. Condo's are ripe for the picking if you are buying, but I'd buy closer to UofA depending on your budget.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

Anything up near NAIT I personally wouldn't want to live in if I had the choice. The LRT system here is pretty good and getting there is easy if you live within walking distance of a station.

Most communities south of the UofA to Whitemud are fine to live in. North of the river, Oliver and the downtown area would be fine too.

Like I said, something close to a train station is key because anything around NAIT isn't that great.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    E90

As others have said the LRT makes getting to NAIT pretty easy.
    There are some condos by the stadium and it;s a quick train ride into downtown, then switch to the nait line and for a quick ride there.
    Stadium is not the the greatest area, but rent will be much cheaper than downtown, and no traffic to deal with.
    You could actually drive from stadium to Nait in under 10-15 minutes and get a parking pass.

My Ride
    LNF

118 ave where nait is directly by is really not the best area but its cheap. I would not want to live there.

I used to live in Grand Central Manor (on the edge of Oliver and Downtown) and my wife would take the bus to NAIT everyday. It was a great location, walking distance to bars and entertainment and also along all of the major bus routes. You did not need a car at this location. Rent was reasonable at 1300 for a 2 bedroom in a concrete building and 9 stories up facing downtown.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-2-bedroom-ap...ationFlag=true

My Ride
    Touareg, Cayenne, 944s

I work near NAIT and used to live in the neighborhood. It's not that great of an area, but it is cheap. Echoing others in this thread, anywhere near an LRT station would be great from downtown all the way to Century Park. The train is regular and quick 99% of the time. If it was me, I'd look for University area first as it's the best part of Edmonton. Downtown is turning around and would be my second choice, but nothing north of 104 St. Third choice would be further south down the line all the way to Century Park where there are a lot of newer condos. Not having to drive would be great for a student.

My Ride
    '19 GTI

I would reccomend buying downtown.
    Edmonton has huge downtown revitalization plans and I foresee the area taking off. I bought by the Shaw conference centre downtown and foresee good property value gains based on the community.