Quantcast
Spotify or Apple Music? - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Spotify Premium or Apple Music?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spotify Premium

75 70.75%
  • Apple Music

23 21.70%
  • other

8 7.55%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Spotify or Apple Music?

My Ride
    2014 Lexus IS250

I switched from Apple Music to YouTube Premium. Gives you unlimited YouTube (no ads and you can turn off screen while listening), YouTube Music, and Google Play Music. It helps that I have a lot of Google products in my house but works flawlessly via iPhone also.

Quote Originally Posted by imranm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I switched from Apple Music to YouTube Premium. Gives you unlimited YouTube (no ads and you can turn off screen while listening), YouTube Music, and Google Play Music. It helps that I have a lot of Google products in my house but works flawlessly via iPhone also.
    I was planning on going to go that route too - only $2/mo for no YouTube ads is very cheap IMO on top of the other services, and I find myself watching it more these days. Also being able to hear audio from YouTube videos while not having it active on the screen or with your phone screen off is amazing for so many things. And downloading offline YouTube videos is also great for trips and such - lots of good full length shows and documentaries on there. Definitely the best offering as a whole right now IMHO if you use YouTube as well. In fact I think I'll do that today.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 10-01-2019 at 01:54 PM.

My Ride
    06 S2000

I'm trading with a buddy. I cover Spotify family for us, he covers the google subscription. It's not youtube premium however, so I get access to Google Music (which I don't use) and Youtube music (which I use excessively).

I find I swap back and forth between the two. Spotify for discovery/podcasts, Youtube Music for remixes/youtube videos of smaller independent artists. I found that on the gym wifi, Spotify is blocked, but Youtube Music is not, but I use the offline features of Spotify far more.
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyfuel View Post
    That's why I just say I have a 4" dick and lift weights to make up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    My car sounds like shit.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    I was planning on going to go that route too - only $2/mo for no YouTube ads is very cheap IMO on top of the other services, and I find myself watching it more these days. Also being able to hear audio from YouTube videos while not having it active on the screen or with your phone screen off is amazing for so many things. And downloading offline YouTube videos is also great for trips and such - lots of good full length shows and documentaries on there. Definitely the best offering as a whole right now IMHO if you use YouTube as well. In fact I think I'll do that today.
    typo or really $2/month? if true.. how!

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    typo or really $2/month? if true.. how!
    It's $2 more because I already have Google Play Music, which is included in YouTube Premium - sorry if that wasn't clear. It's $11.99 and GPM is $9.99 (sunk cost). They also refunded me my last month GPM which was a nice gesture.

I've tried all services except Apple music and I found Spotify to be the best at least in terms of playlists.

I also do family share with friends using spotify family so it works out pretty cheap.

My Ride
    rally pig

It's $2 more because I already have Google Play Music, which is included in YouTube Premium - sorry if that wasn't clear. It's $11.99 and GPM is $9.99 (sunk cost). They also refunded me my last month GPM which was a nice gesture.
    that's what I assumed you meant but deep inside I was hoping for a killer 2$/month deal.

Only subscription I have is Amazon Prime, have TorGuard and Private VPN for Offline YouTube videos although I'm probably going to cancel TorGuard as Private VPN works well for me

My Ride
    2022 X2M

I liked Apple Music more but having an echo in every room means Spotify was the answer for my kids. If Apple ever gets their shit together and releases Apple Music on Alexa in Canada there is a good chance I switch back. The only complaint I have with Spotify is them playing crap versions of songs. My wife said “play don’t care” and it played some cheap cover of the song. That never happened when I had Apple Music. I tend to always say the artists name so haven’t ran into the issue like she has.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    370Z duhh

If you people aren't into really obscure stuff, Amazon Music is awesome, $8.99 a month and can stream on 10 devices.

Quote Originally Posted by 370Z View Post
    If you people aren't into really insecure stuff, Amazon Music is awesome, $8.99 a month and can stream on 10 devices.
    The free version included with a Prime membership is also quite good - more limited than the full subscription services obviously but it has a lot of music still.

My Ride
    370Z duhh

The free version included with a Prime membership is also quite good - more limited than the full subscription services obviously but it has a lot of music still.
    Mostly whatevers been on the radio.... never full albums, that drove me nuts lol but ya, if you're just into limited music then it's a great option too

I was on Google Music before for $14.99 and I do miss some of the more obscure stuff I used to listen to.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Quote Originally Posted by Kavy View Post
    I liked Apple Music more but having an echo in every room means Spotify was the answer for my kids. If Apple ever gets their shit together and releases Apple Music on Alexa in Canada there is a good chance I switch back. The only complaint I have with Spotify is them playing crap versions of songs. My wife said “play don’t care” and it played some cheap cover of the song. That never happened when I had Apple Music. I tend to always say the artists name so haven’t ran into the issue like she has.
    So.......... I guess Apple Music on amazon devices was enabled back in September. How I missed that is beyond me. I still have Spotify but this change of events is making me think about switching back to Apple Music.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    dumpster trains

I just signed up for YouTube music premium and I am really liking it!
    Originally posted by speedog
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

Name:  arz-1dk89q.jpg
Views: 258
Size:  64.2 KB

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuStacy View Post
    do you have the individual or family account? what do you like most about it? I'm still using google music family account. We have issues with the google speakers not knowing who's starting the music streams, and then having them (falsely) shut down when someone else starts music elsewhere. Need to work that out in 2020.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by MalibuStacy View Post
    I like it too
    Originally posted by rage2
    Shit, there's only 49 users here, I doubt we'll even break 100
    I am user #49

My Ride
    dumpster trains

Edit.
    Ended up on spotify after a month. Honestly I found that once I started searching for some of my obscure music, I found spotify still had better options. I'll be honest I would still prefer physical media, but like I don't really have time ke money for that. Single membership for now, might upgrade to family when gf comes back.
    Originally posted by speedog
    So more beyond armchair activism at work again?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    do you have the individual or family account? what do you like most about it? I'm still using google music family account. We have issues with the google speakers not knowing who's starting the music streams, and then having them (falsely) shut down when someone else starts music elsewhere. Need to work that out in 2020.
    So the transition from Google play music to YouTube Music has been terrible. The YouTube music app crashes multiple times a day any time I'm away from Wi-Fi, which is a lot in the summer.

Does anyone have a family account with Spotify or any other service that will let each member have thier own preferences and playlists, and has some kind of app that can handle downloaded/offline content without throwing a shitfit?

Don't need to have a massive catalog of obscure music, but want to be able to find the basic Phil Collins and Taylor Swift songs I'm looking for.

Bonus points for solid integration with google/nest smart speakers, which is what my kids use to listen to music.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 08-01-2020 at 07:06 AM.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

I have been on YouTube music for a long time and have never had issues keeping up with my daily Philathon. Do you think it's public mobile?

You have just reminded me. I have 3 bnib Nest minis to sell.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I get this constantly when I'm not on Wi-Fi :
    Name:  Screenshot_20200720-181406.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  21.9 KB
    Like more than 100 times a day. No joke.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast