Quantcast
Spotify or Apple Music? - Page 5 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

View Poll Results: Spotify Premium or Apple Music?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Spotify Premium

75 70.75%
  • Apple Music

23 21.70%
  • other

8 7.55%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Spotify or Apple Music?

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here to say how much I hate YouTube music. Google Music was awesome, this is fucking trash.
    +1.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Grimace

Sounds like your wife collects degrees like you do phones! (I laugh, because my wife has been doing the same thing lol)

Apple Music is my jam, literally, and the deal only gets better with the new apple one plans if you are into that.
    I am trying out the apple music trial since apple one is coming out soon and it is pretty good. Might switch over form spotify to condense my monthly subscriptions. Found this which can transfer your music/playlists etc which would make it veryu easy.
    https://soundiiz.com

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Here to say how much I hate YouTube music.

Google Music was awesome, this is fucking trash.

I'll give it a bit more time to try and learn it but so far I hate things like, if I just go to all my songs and shuffle. The list has a finite end and I have to go do it again, wtf is that about? If I go pick an artist and hit play, I don't automatically want a list of "like" artists to start shuffling in. Fuck the auto select stations. If I want to shuffle Pennywise I don't need to hear fucking Jimmy Eat World/similar garbage. Fuck off! haha

Edit - will be back to yell at other clouds shortly I am sure.
    I had the same issue, the forced migration to YTM was a terrible move, I loved GPM and tried but it was just too drastically different in how it operates. I ultimately went to Spotify, which makes me think I should have gone ages ago instead of adopting a Google software product, knowing their history.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Yep, after using it for a while, I am now completely satisfied with Spotify. Spotify Lite was total trash, even worse than Youtube Music, don't even bother with either. Have been testing out downloaded playslists (or channels, stations or whatever). My family was totally happy paying $15/mo for google music, and now we pay that to Spotify. Sorry google, I tried to give you my money.

Still some weirdness with the smart speakers in the house, but I think that's more to do with the speakers than the streaming software.
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Bicycle

The only savior of YouTube music is it allows Youtube uploads to come into your playlist (hit and miss due to licensing) So it's very easy to find a lot of different cut of the same songs depends on who uploaded it.

App is still shit. But I'm a lot more accepting of it now I can find obscure shit that isn't on the other 2 services.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I just get mad yelling at my google speaker to play the English version of 99 red balloons, but on the app it's no trouble.

My Ride
    (maah raahde)

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I just get mad yelling at my google speaker to play the English version of 99 red balloons, but on the app it's no trouble.
    Damn, that literally is old man yelling at the cloud.

My Ride
    Neo-Liberal Anarchist Mobile

The keychain jerks are getting to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by 89coupe View Post
    Beyond, bunch of creme puffs on this board.
    Everything I say is satire.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

My kids love the Moana sound track but any time you ask the google speaker to play basically any song from the motion picture sound track it plays some random ass version from someone I've never heard of before. You always have to use the app to make it play the proper sound track.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    I'm generally cute.

For you guys that like Spotify. What's the deal with it? So many people rave about it, but I've given it 2 honest tries and it is absolute garbage. I started an Apple Music free trial the other day, immediately it is giving playlists that I enjoy.

Do you have to dedicate a lot of time to Spotify to get it to figure out what you like? I can kind of see how Apple does better for me, because I have been managing my music from Itunes since 2007. So it has access to all my playlists and downloads already. Spotify has no information on me and just tries to recommend random songs from certain artists, just because I liked one of their songs. But even their generic playlists are terrible, so I don't know what to think?

I already made the switch from an Apple phone to Samsung, so was going to divorce apple completely. But this music situation has got me thinking I should stay.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

I did spend 10 minutes telling it what artists I like, and I have searched up a few more in the weeks since that. Seems not bad now. I mean, Commander Cody and the Lost Plant Airmen just came on, so it's pretty dialed in.

My Ride
    Subaru Outback

Once you get youtube music set up properly, it works quite well. I am having some issues with controlling the volume on 3 speakers linked together on one floor. They all seem to be separate and don't want to communicate with one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Misterman View Post
    For you guys that like Spotify. What's the deal with it? So many people rave about it, but I've given it 2 honest tries and it is absolute garbage. I started an Apple Music free trial the other day, immediately it is giving playlists that I enjoy.

Do you have to dedicate a lot of time to Spotify to get it to figure out what you like? I can kind of see how Apple does better for me, because I have been managing my music from Itunes since 2007. So it has access to all my playlists and downloads already. Spotify has no information on me and just tries to recommend random songs from certain artists, just because I liked one of their songs. But even their generic playlists are terrible, so I don't know what to think?

I already made the switch from an Apple phone to Samsung, so was going to divorce apple completely. But this music situation has got me thinking I should stay.
    Yeah it needs time to figure out what you like. As you play songs, if you like them then hit the heart button, and it will start to know what you prefer when suggesting playlists. I'm sure it even tracks how long you listen to a song (i.e. if something comes up and you skip it within a few seconds it realizes you don't like that).

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman View Post
    Once you get youtube music set up properly, it works quite well. I am having some issues with controlling the volume on 3 speakers linked together on one floor. They all seem to be separate and don't want to communicate with one another.
    If you allow random/profile less voices to play music over the smart speakers, I tends to see their choices shows up under my account and starts to get recommendation on those too.

I did spend 10 minutes telling it what artists I like, and I have searched up a few more in the weeks since that. Seems not bad now. I mean, Commander Cody and the Lost Plant Airmen just came on, so it's pretty dialed in.
    This my current issue with Spotify. It keeps trying to recommend me songs based purely off of artists I was forced to say I liked. 90% of artists never produce more than 1 or 2 songs worth listening to, so I certainly don't want to be bombarded with their entire albums just because I liked one song.

My Ride
    E90M3 510 Wagon

Been using Spotify for a long time, think I broke it though. Use to have a whole lot more variety over my daily lists, now there is a ton of carryover. Blame my “top songs of 2020” playlist, it got skewed due to joke songs I used with IFTTT to trigger random shit to drive the gf nuts

ie. for about 3 months straight mo bamba would blast from the main floor at 99% volume at 8am every single morning

Name:  A739F20E-2547-4938-B674-86EB73CC4BCC.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  70.2 KB
    Last edited by ercchry; 12-16-2020 at 12:37 AM.

Spotify launching something called Car Thing. Good for people that don’t have AA/CarPlay. Free at the moment for paying subscribers, but you need a us address apparently.

Carthing.Spotify.com to sign up

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by sabad66 View Post
    Spotify launching something called Car Thing. Good for people that don’t have AA/CarPlay. Free at the moment for paying subscribers, but you need a us address apparently.

Carthing.Spotify.com to sign up
    It's a remote control for your phone's Spotify app. You still need to connect your phone to your car via Aux or BT audio. And if you have AA/Carplay, it's even more pointless.

If you don't have CP in your old car, you can do the Amazon HD 8 hack for about $100USD
    https://www.reddit.com/r/apple/comme...medium=ios_app

For Android, AA already runs on your phone with car mode. Why would you need another screen?

They are giving it away since nobody will pay $70USD for this.

https://carthing.spotify.com/setup
    Last edited by Xtrema; 04-14-2021 at 01:52 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5