Quantcast
Who's at Fault - Left turning vehicle gets hit by right turning vehicle - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Who's at Fault - Left turning vehicle gets hit by right turning vehicle

My Ride
    ute

Gestalt's ability to always be wrong on any subject in any thread is a remarkable accomplishment.

Bravo sir!

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gestalt you didn’t read A had already entered the intersection before B even got to their yield.

I’m sounding like a broken record here but ignorant drivers don’t get this. If there is already a vehicle in the intersection when you get to your yield you must give way, that is in the Alberta TSA and the drivers handbook.

Granted because many drivers don’t comprehend this you’re right A probably should have assumed B didn’t know what they were doing.
    That's one side of the story and hearsay.

Car a should have been more prudent in care.

This was totally preventable had a looked ahed and anticipated his responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Gestalt View Post
    That's one side of the story and hearsay.

Car a should have been more prudent in care.

This was totally preventable had a looked ahed and anticipated his responsibility.
    Not disagreeing both could be more cautious.

However all we have is this description. Anything you’ve decided beyond the description given is pure speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by The BMW Guy View Post

Does location of impact change who's at fault? What if Car B hit Car A on the rear quarter panel, would this change who's at fault?
    For those of you that think car A is at fault, I'm curious on what would be the case if car A was t-boned in the door or the rear? Would it matter?

My Ride
    A vehicle or two

That isn’t true. If a vehicle is already in the intersection before you reach your yield sign you must yield to it.

It does matter who gets there first.
    I agree that it does, but by law vehicle A must turn into THEIR lane. Car B doesn't need to yield to them because they have their own lane. If it was a single lane they are both turning onto, then it is an entirely different scenario.

I encounter this exact same scenario every second day on my way to work. I'm car B and people are turning onto the same road (114th westbound off 52nd southbound). When I'm moving onto 114th I'm always super wary of those cars turning west onto 114th because so many of them don't actually stay in their own lane.

In fact, this exact same scenario happened to me turning south onto 52nd from 114th a couple of weeks ago. A vehicle travelling west on 114th turned south on 52nd as well, but instead of keeping in their lane they swung far right (across THREE lanes actually) and basically ran me off the road as I tried to get onto 52nd. Luckily I was in my Jeep so no damage done, but I was pretty pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kloubek View Post
    I agree that it does, but by law vehicle A must turn into THEIR lane. Car B doesn't need to yield to them because they have their own lane. If it was a single lane they are both turning onto, then it is an entirely different scenario.

I encounter this exact same scenario every second day on my way to work. I'm car B and people are turning onto the same road (114th westbound off 52nd southbound). When I'm moving onto 114th I'm always super wary of those cars turning west onto 114th because so many of them don't actually stay in their own lane.

In fact, this exact same scenario happened to me turning south onto 52nd from 114th a couple of weeks ago. A vehicle travelling west on 114th turned south on 52nd as well, but instead of keeping in their lane they swung far right (across THREE lanes actually) and basically ran me off the road as I tried to get onto 52nd. Luckily I was in my Jeep so no damage done, but I was pretty pissed.
    Yea in the description and as I mentioned before supposedly vehicle A turned into the left most last (inside). So going by the only description we have A did nothing illegal

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Quote Originally Posted by 96integra View Post
    For those of you that think car A is at fault, I'm curious on what would be the case if car A was t-boned in the door or the rear? Would it matter?
    It would be dependent on which lane the impact occurs in. Two cars can legally turn into the same two lane road from different directions at the same time. If the collision occurs in the left hand lane, then Car B either took the turn wide or was trying to turn into a lane they were not allowed to. If the collision occurs in the right hand curb lane, then Car A either took the turn wide or was trying to turn into the wrong lane.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

My Ride
    Sierra, RDX

Yea in the description and as I mentioned before supposedly vehicle A turned into the left most last (inside). So going by the only description we have A did nothing illegal
    If they did turn into the proper and the impact occurred in the left lane, the Car B should be at fault.

It’s cases like this that a dash cam pays for itself in an instant.
    See Crank. See Crank Walk. Walk Crank Walk.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3