Quantcast
Las Vegas Dream Cars - What should I choose? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Las Vegas Dream Cars - What should I choose?

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Default Las Vegas Dream Cars - What should I choose?

Title edit: Dream Racing, not Dream Cars

My Girlfriend surprised me this AM with a trip to Vegas and the opportunity to check out Dream Racing for the day on Saturday. I would like to keep it at ~$500.

At first look, I am debating between 5 Laps in the 5 Laps $399 in the Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano but wondering what you guys would pick or any recommendations for those who have done this.

Thanks for any feedback!

http://www.dreamracing.com/the-experiences/
    Last edited by Neil4Speed; 11-16-2017 at 11:15 AM.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

Whichever one I went to, I took the GT3 over anything.

That's my personal dream car territory so by that metric just drive whatever you love the most, that's automatically going to be the most satisfying.
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

Everything I have ever read about these places suggests that you're barely used to the car after 3-5 laps, and to pick one car and do as many laps as possible since you won't be REALLY enjoying it until you have a few laps under your belt. Personally I would go 458 Italia, Huracan, or 430 Scuderia for 10+ laps for maximum value for probably the same ear-to-ear grin when I am done as the more expensive cars. You could even drop it down to a regular GT3 or F430 where 10 laps is barely more than 5 in some other cars.

That Aventador SV is hot but probably not $200/lap more fun than the other supercars haha.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Depends what you are after.

Raw power - Aventador/Huracan
    Pure Handling - Porsche/McLaren
    Perfect balance - Ferrari/Mercedes

Fun factor - RWD > AWD
    Traction/Speed - AWD > RWD

If you want to hear the V12, Aventador is amazing.

I had the most fun in a 911, 458 and Mercedes GT.

My Ride
    X7 40i, Cayenne S, 335i Cab

Last time I went (many years ago ) I drove the 430 Scuderia and the Mercedes SLS. 7 laps each. The Scuderia was soooo much more fun but the laps went by sooo quickly, I wish I just drove the Scuderia for all 14 laps. The SLS was nothing memorable in comparison except having a similar steering wheel to our GLK lol

My Ride
    Toyota Sequoia

I went to Dream Racing in April this year.

I took the 991 C2S as my warm up car and the McLaren 650s for 7 laps. My friend took the Cayman and 458 Italia respectively.

They do offer a simulation of the course beforehand, but they only give you around 3-4 mins on that. Either way, on both the simulation and the actual course, the instructor is telling you everything you should be doing, and when. Braking, accelerating, turn in, etc. The course is really short and tight so you'll be hearing his voice non-stop, the entire time. For anyone with a reasonable amount of seat time on the track, this can be a detriment to the experience but of course, anyone can understand why they have to do it - the average person in your group, who you will be sharing the track with, probably has little to no HPDE experience.

Very fun for sure, but it ends really quickly as others mentioned. It's a fun experience, but if you've already been on a track before or have done any HPDEs, it isn't going to blow your mind. If you want to drive your dream car, I'd say go for it. Overall it is a well run outfit and they do their best to see that you have a good, safe time.
    Last edited by Skyline_Addict; 11-16-2017 at 05:44 PM.

Went to exotic racing with my friends in April. Two of them were in the HPDE class on the GT3, and I'm just a tag along. Ended up getting 5 laps on the Cayman (figured just try something cheaper), then there was a special that day on the GTR or 458 Italia. So did another 5 laps on the 458. If just going for one car, I would agree with others, 5 laps aren't enough. The super special part for the day (but sucks for one of my friend), my friend asked me to take the last 10 laps (out of his 30 laps) on the GT3 because he felt sick after the second round of the instructor lap. I can say that the GT3 was the best handling one of the three. My best time in the GT3 was almost 6 seconds faster than in the 458 Italia.

My Ride
    Infection

I've been to both Exotics racing and Dream Racing and whatever car you choose, try to go for 10 laps. I did 5 laps in the SLS (GTR was under repairs) then I did 5 laps in the 458, and like everyone has said, 5 laps aren't enough. As soon as you get comfortable in the car, the laps are over. Did 10 laps in the new NSX to see what this hybrid system is all about and it was pretty impressive, except for the sound it made from the outside.

My Ride
    Megun/Kyosho/965

I would pick the NSX !
    The Original !

1234567, ¦h³Ò¦h±o

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Thank you guys for all the feedback!

Just as an update, I picked the 488 GTB and the AMG GT-S.

I did the AMG GT-S first, and man, what a machine. Its true what you read about it, an absolute brute. I actually felt pretty nauseous after driving it and had to take a break before the Ferrari. The Ferrari was incredible, so refined on the track.

It was definitely expensive but I highly recommend the experience. They encourage you to drive the cars hard and I really felt like I was getting the most of the car.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

So which one is better - this one or Exotics Racing? I feel like mostly it would come down to who has the better/longer track.

My Ride
    Bicycle

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsu3000gt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So which one is better - this one or Exotics Racing? I feel like mostly it would come down to who has the better/longer track.
    I think both tracks are similar in length. Dream has that similar ride before hand where Exotics doesn't.

Although it's been 2 years since I have been to either.

My Ride
    Infection

Dreams outside course is more technical than their inside(regular) course. You get to use the outside course when there is a big event happening inside like EDC. Their website shows when the outside course will be used.