Quantcast
Small bachelor party group - Vegas. Accommodations? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Small bachelor party group - Vegas. Accommodations?

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Default Small bachelor party group - Vegas. Accommodations?

After searching and reading some guy's threads on here I wanted to post my own (also piggy backing on the thread "Whats your favorite place to stay"). Most threads were for large groups of 12+ people or couples and most were a few years old.

We are looking at going down for my buddies bachelor party at the end of March or early April. We have a relatively small group of 6 guys (maybe 7 if the dad wants to come along) and are looking at recommendations or ideas on where to stay for a group that size. Only a few of us have been to Vegas and its always been with significant others so never in groups.

Ideally I was thinking a suite at one of the hotels would be baller but from what I've been reading those are usually comped to high rollers and not typically to rent. The best man was looking at houses on airbnb or vrbo but even ones that are "a 10 minute drive to the strip" seems like it would be a pain in the dick to always have to cab or limo back and forth. Plus then you have the lack of a pool.

I am looking for advice from people who have gone down there as a small to medium sized group and what worked best for accomodations. No one from the group is really a massive partier so I'm thinking we will be doing the typical touristy drinking/eating/gambling on the strip and seeing the strippers just off the strip. Maybe some exotic car track rentals and gun ranges. I like the idea of walking to the strip but totally open to suggestions on places to stay.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

We got a penthouse-type suite in Hilton Elara (not sure if it was their actual penthouse or just a massive room) for an extremely reasonable price. It was huge, 4-5 bedrooms, pull out couch, home theater with projector, etc. It was no more than a couple hundred per person for the whole weekend. Location on the strip was good too, it was easy to get anywhere. Our group was about 8 if I recall.

As for things to do, aside from what you've already mentioned, there is a place you can go to drive heavy construction machinery which seemed pretty cool and not that expensive.

We all blew 100% of the money we brought in the first evening we were there, and we are not ballers by any stretch of the imagination. My advice is to plan to spend way more than you are currently expecting.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 11-17-2017 at 04:26 PM.

When we went down as a group of 12 we just rented rooms at the Mirage. You spend so little time there we didn't see a point in paying any more that we had to.

A group of us who did something similar all stayed at Linq. Facilities were new. Location is right in the middle of the strip - good for whichever direction you want to travel. And price per night was really reasonable. Like chief wiggum says, you stay so little in the room, there's no point in paying more when you don't need it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disoblige View Post
    Arash reminds me of Mar but I can't tell which one is more stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    Yeah well I wonder how they get the soft flowing caramel inside the Caramilk bar but you don't see me making a god damn thread about it. Slap your wife Baygirl, straighten him out.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Have gone in groups that size several times, and honestly the room is the least important part of the entire trip. Any hotel with good location is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    2003 Mustang Cobra

I think you should stay on the strip for sure. Thats where all the action is, then you can cab to your excursions (gun range, outlet mall, exotic cars..). You will most likely spend most of your time up and down the strip. We stayed at MGM signature suites when I was down there for a bachelor party and I recall it being fairly priced, but like others said the room is not that important and I wouldn't suggest blowing a budget on a "baller" room. Ive stayed at the Mirage before as well and I found it was a great location on the strip and it was cheap.

Also like mentioned, you WILL spend more than you expect.

My Ride
    Parked in the Bike Lane

Get caddies for golf course

My Ride
    Eclipse

Yah won't spend much time in the rooms. Get 2 X 2 queen beds and get an upgrade (Slip $20 between card + ID at checkin) and ask if an upgrade is possible... (Works at most hotels there was a link i dont remember it you can google it for hotels)

Stay away fom Shappire friends went there recently and got roofied and 3k taken from them. Asked a local DJ about it and he said there he heard about it once about it happening to another Canadian there a couple years ago.

I always liked Treasure Island or MGM for cheaper rooms (The $20 trick def works at TI got a balling view once) - MGM is a younger crowd in general. or get in the middle around Bellagio..
    Originally posted by beemerm3
    so if we only seen 5 % of the oceans why not drain them or somethin lol or can u even transfer water from one ocean to another??? think of all the stuff u'd find treasures n eerything.

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

Sapphire is awful. Rhino or treasures or gtfo
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    958.2 Cayenne Diesel

Some good feedback here....

Are you guys set on Vegas? I would recommend a city like Nashville, Scottsdale or San Diego instead as Vegas tends to gouge for bachelor parties.
    Originally posted by arian_ma
    your stomach is full of sulfuric acid

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

If pools are important to you then aim for April as many of them are still closed in March. MGM pools are pretty spectacular and open year round.

My Ride
    Ford, Acura

Quote Originally Posted by Neil4Speed View Post
    Some good feedback here....

Are you guys set on Vegas? I would recommend a city like Nashville, Scottsdale or San Diego instead as Vegas tends to gouge for bachelor parties.
    Vegas just seemed like it checked most of the "want to do" boxes. I've looked into Nashville and Scottsdale before but they seemed pretty expensive but it would be worth checking it out again.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage2 View Post
    ...Last thing I want is someone reading my posts and losing their cock over it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak
    Meh, they all look like Jackie Chan to me
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    I'm generally cute.

My Ride
    Born in Stuttgart

I have planned 3 bachelor parties in vegas for similar group sizes. Its best to split up and just get rooms instead of getting a massive room. The cost difference is unreal unless you are traveling with a group of ballers.
    Pick a place with a good pool, caesars palace has a great complex but is expensive, Mandalay bay was a ton of fun. We stayed in the Delano section which had a private pool to relax but could use the wave pool and lazy river which was surprisingly fun.

I agree with other comments, take your budget that you plan to spend and double it.

Agreed on just going with individual rooms vs. a suite and picking a place with a good pool - for example if you stay at cosmo, each room gets 2 free entries into Marqee which is worth about $50 each. Not sure if the Wynn gives free entries to XS dayclub but that is something worth looking into.

Is your crew big into music? If so, check out this calendar to plan dates:
    https://electronic.vegas/vegas-edm-event-calendar/

probably a bit early for the spring/summer schedule but it will eventually be updated.

For reference, i had my bachelor party in July 2016, and we booked around March for the Cosmo. The hotels do get full if you book too late, so better to book earlier if you can. If you email them, you can get a group discount on individual rooms as long as you reserve at least 4 rooms.