Quantcast
Honeywell Lyric T5 - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Honeywell Lyric T5

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    did you accidentally turn the app off on your phone?
    happened to us once when wife and I inadvertently turned the app off on both our phones.
    got home and thermostat was still thinking we were both away.
    Are you saying the app has to always be open? I thought it would just run in the background.

It does work sometimes but seems glitchy. I'm wondering if multiple users confuse it.

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by 96integra View Post
    Are you saying the app has to always be open? I thought it would just run in the background.

It does work sometimes but seems glitchy. I'm wondering if multiple users confuse it.
    By open I mean running in the background.
    If you're using an iphone, also make sure that Background App Refresh is turned on.
    Also you created an individual user per device right?

My Ride
    Axis powers

No issues for me, even with the app closed, just need to ensure location services are on

Visions have them for $75 till the 26th for anyone who still wants one.

Honeywell Lyric T5 Smart Thermostat - Special Offer
    Originally posted by Xtrema
    ZenOps is like everyone's crazy uncle.
    Originally posted by DayGlow
    How do you respond to stupid?
    Originally posted by rage2
    Jesus fucking christ Rob Anders, learn to read your own links.
    Originally posted by Seth1968
    Zenops: Ok, but remember my dick is made of nickle.

My Ride
    rally pig

Geofencing stopped working again this morning for us
    Location services on both phones is running and even tried restarting the app, but both phones are still indicating that we are at home.
    It worked fine yesterday with both of us leaving the house a couple of times and geofencing working properly.

Might just leave it on scheduled mode from now on.

My Ride
    Axis powers

I had that happen to me yesterday, I was at chinook but the app was reporting I was home, I disabled and enabled the geofence from within the app and it worked properly

My Ride
    rally pig

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    I had that happen to me yesterday, I was at chinook but the app was reporting I was home, I disabled and enabled the geofence from within the app and it worked properly
    You went Lyric > Geofence > Geofence this Location right?
    Are you also the only one configured for geofencing or your wife as well?

I just tried turning it off then on, still saying that I'm home.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by taemo View Post
    You went Lyric > Geofence > Geofence this Location right?
    Are you also the only one configured for geofencing or your wife as well?

I just tried turning it off then on, still saying that I'm home.
    Yep that’s what I did, my wife has geofencing on her phone as well

My Ride
    Axis powers

Well count me in with more lyric issues, today it didn’t recognize me leaving and I didn’t notice until I didn’t get notified my wife was home

I can't win, my wife is convinced the house is colder with the T5 even though I have thermometers placed around the house that show otherwise.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Axis powers

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    I can't win, my wife is convinced the house is colder with the T5 even though I have thermometers placed around the house that show otherwise.
    Haha my wife and daughter have been saying that too, guess that’s what happens when you don’t keep the thermostat at a constant temperature

My Ride
    V8s

FWIW when I installed my T5 on the weekend, my previous thermostat was reading 20.5*C and my T5 was reading 22*C at exactly the same time, exact same location. That would explain the house feeling colder if it's calibrated a little bit differently than whatever you replaced with it.

I had a heck of a time getting this thing to connect to my wireless network. Multiple resets, manual configuration, etc, and eventually it just worked. Overall, not super impressed with it, and doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that the geofencing appears to suck balls... but hey, it was free. If I only run schedule, at least its more aesthetically pleasing than my old t-stat. haha

Upping my settings 1.5C seemed to have resolved griping in our household as well. Interesting.

As far as setup and connecting to our wifi, completely painless.

After doing some reading about the geofence and playing around with settings, things seem to be more favourable for others in our home. One thing I learned is that everyone uses the same geofence so if one person changes it, the geofence is changed for all. Thus I enlarged the size of our geofence and increased the away temperature as well because where I had it before just had the house cooling down too much and then it would take too long to warm up versus the time it would take someone to cross the geofence boundary and arrive home.

The night settings, no big deal as it works as well as our old programmable thermostat. As for the geofence, one should change it while at home - doing it elsewhere means your geofence will be centered on that location. I haven't bothered to reread the Lyric T5 instructions to see if this is mentioned there as well as there also being only one geofence for all setup users but knowing these two things and adjusting to reflect that seems to have made it a much more likeable device in our home, like invisible and that is good. Just not sure if the savings will be there but at no cost to me besides GST, it can't hurt to see what will happen over the long run.
    Last edited by speedog; 12-04-2017 at 08:54 PM.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    Axis powers

I had to switch to manual override today as when I opened the app it couldn't connect to the server and geofence again stopped working

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post
    FWIW when I installed my T5 on the weekend, my previous thermostat was reading 20.5*C and my T5 was reading 22*C at exactly the same time, exact same location. That would explain the house feeling colder if it's calibrated a little bit differently than whatever you replaced with it.

I had a heck of a time getting this thing to connect to my wireless network. Multiple resets, manual configuration, etc, and eventually it just worked. Overall, not super impressed with it, and doesn't inspire a lot of confidence that the geofencing appears to suck balls... but hey, it was free. If I only run schedule, at least its more aesthetically pleasing than my old t-stat. haha
    Maybe I'll pull my old one out and check the temperature differences, I'm fine with the house being cooler, when my wife adjusts the temperature I find it too hot now
    I had the exact same issues with the original connectivity, then it just worked

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post

snip.
    Did you invite other people to have their own account so not everyone shares the same geofence?

When I had to reset mine, I was at Chinook and it still defaulted to my house instead of where I was at, not sure if it's smart enough based on geolocation or it was dumb
    Last edited by adam c; 12-04-2017 at 10:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cjblair View Post

This is almost exactly my experience too. My old, battery powered thermostat is still reading about 1.5 C lower than the Lyric. Also struggled with the WiFi connection but eventually it just worked. I tried it several times with my android phone and ipad with repeated failure before it just connected.

Have not tried Geofencing. Someone is almost always home at my place so it doesn't make a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by adam c View Post
    Did you invite other people to have their own account so not everyone shares the same geofence?

When I had to reset mine, I was at Chinook and it still defaulted to my house instead of where I was at, not sure if it's smart enough based on geolocation or it was dumb
    The other two people set up on our T5,were invited by me and have their own account - the common geofence statement despite having separate accounts was something I read on Honeywell's web site as well being very near to your T5 while changing the geofence sizing.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Its back on sale at BestBuy for $88. Sale ends Dec 20

Pricematch at Home Depot/Lowes and get it for $80 for those that missed.

Send in that rebate. Get paid $20 to pick up this product
    Last edited by dj_rice; 12-16-2017 at 01:52 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Oy boys, anyone get their $100 rebate yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Nope.
    Will fuck off, again.

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    Could be the influx of such a overwhelming demand for rebates, the NDP offices couldn't handle it and now back-logged
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast