Quantcast
Should I dump my girl? - Page 8 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Should I dump my girl?

My Ride
    2021 Zonda CRV

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If it's the typical female that wants a Cinderella "best day of my life" $50,000 wedding, then it's going to very expensive to some.

I'm thinking if you're into to an archaic marriage, then make it as simple and down to earth as possible. Don't let the $50,000 get wasted on the princess. Instead of that, have a gathering and the marriage in the backyard. The family and guests are encouraged to give money for some sort of trust fund.

Anyway, "best day of my life" BS. If that's true, then it's all down hill from there
    OMG dont get me started...

Ok story time.
    I went on a date with one brown girl a few years back. She was kinda hot. On the first date she brought up marriage and she wanted a $40K wedding. I was like WTF? I said would it not be better to have a small wedding and invest that money into a rental property so we have something for retirement? She said no. She wants to make her parents HAPPY.

She asked if I prayed, I said no. I stated I don't mind the religious aspect if wants to do stuff with family, im cool I play along. Im just not part of that and Im not into the bullshit.
    She was like how do you know if you never tried...?, things do come etc. I was like no. I don't believe in imaginary friends, my priority is my partner. I gave her a example..if she broke both her arms and needed to go for a shit, Buddha, Allah, Mohamed, Jehova, Krishna are not coming to wipe your arse. Sorry its not going to happen. Its going to me that does it (this is true story, it happened to a friend and he ended up marrying her after).
    She was not impressed.
    Then she asked me how would I feel if we had kids and they were gay? I was cool with it. I have no issues.
    So I asked her about it.. She pulled a face and said.. she would not be happy. So I asked well then why don't you just pray for non gay kids then...? She was like.. thats not how it works..

So after the date she drives me back to my car (its parked at hers). The problem is... in need to go to the loo. I need to go ...like bad. Like really bad. Im getting the cramps... you know the kind im talking about..
    She parks up and invited me in. I decided to play it cool. I need to take a shit sooo bad im doing the penguin walk, im breathing heavy and the sweats are starting.

She has a amazing house.. she is showing me the kitchen and right there is the toilet. I am saved.. But I then realise, who the fuck puts a bathroom right next to the kitchen... like right next to it? Not only that, this shit was going to be bad.. No way am i gonna give birth to this brown alien there. The poor girl will hear un godly noises. She will think its the coming of Shiva.
    She goes upstairs as she is going to her parents, ..so we can chat while she packs...IN THE BEDROOM.. huba huba. At that point, the arse cramps are so bad, im getting dizzy. I dont know what to do. Can I hold it..? I make a executive decision...
    I abruptly say i gota go. I spin around and march to the front door. She is chasing behind me like she has done something wrong..? I say my goodbye and I run out of the door to my car.

I never drove so fast in my life. I made full use of that Vtech.. I ran to my apartment and my room mate was on her laptop. she was like 'hey...how did the date goo-'. I screamed 'not now-.. as I stripped down whilst running for the bathroom. I even had to take my shirt off. It was one of those shits where you just had to strip naked.
    After taking the dump.. I almost felt like having a cigarette...

I got a text from the girl two days later... she was like.. 'yeah i don't think this is going to work... '

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

Quote Originally Posted by Seth1968 View Post
    Regarding this, and the having kids thread, how the did you manage to avoid the conformity?
    Dunno, I guess having a 7 year test drive before marriage helped?
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

My Ride
    (0^oo^0)~

Quote Originally Posted by tonytiger55 View Post
    OMG dont get me started...

Ok story time.
    I went on a date with one brown girl a few years back. She was kinda hot. On the first date she brought up marriage and she wanted a $40K wedding. I was like WTF? I said would it not be better to have a small wedding and invest that money into a rental property so we have something for retirement? She said no. She wants to make her parents HAPPY.

She asked if I prayed, I said no. I stated I don't mind the religious aspect if wants to do stuff with family, im cool I play along. Im just not part of that and Im not into the bullshit.
    She was like how do you know if you never tried...?, things do come etc. I was like no. I don't believe in imaginary friends, my priority is my partner. I gave her a example..if she broke both her arms and needed to go for a shit, Buddha, Allah, Mohamed, Jehova, Krishna are not coming to wipe your arse. Sorry its not going to happen. Its going to me that does it (this is true story, it happened to a friend and he ended up marrying her after).
    She was not impressed.
    Then she asked me how would I feel if we had kids and they were gay? I was cool with it. I have no issues.
    So I asked her about it.. She pulled a face and said.. she would not be happy. So I asked well then why don't you just pray for non gay kids then...? She was like.. thats not how it works..

So after the date she drives me back to my car (its parked at hers). The problem is... in need to go to the loo. I need to go ...like bad. Like really bad. Im getting the cramps... you know the kind im talking about..
    She parks up and invited me in. I decided to play it cool. I need to take a shit sooo bad im doing the penguin walk, im breathing heavy and the sweats are starting.

She has a amazing house.. she is showing me the kitchen and right there is the toilet. I am saved.. But I then realise, who the fuck puts a bathroom right next to the kitchen... like right next to it? Not only that, this shit was going to be bad.. No way am i gonna give birth to this brown alien there. The poor girl will hear un godly noises. She will think its the coming of Shiva.
    She goes upstairs as she is going to her parents, ..so we can chat while she packs...IN THE BEDROOM.. huba huba. At that point, the arse cramps are so bad, im getting dizzy. I dont know what to do. Can I hold it..? I make a executive decision...
    I abruptly say i gota go. I spin around and march to the front door. She is chasing behind me like she has done something wrong..? I say my goodbye and I run out of the door to my car.

I never drove so fast in my life. I made full use of that Vtech.. I ran to my apartment and my room mate was on her laptop. she was like 'hey...how did the date goo-'. I screamed 'not now-.. as I stripped down whilst running for the bathroom. I even had to take my shirt off. It was one of those shits where you just had to strip naked.

I got a text from the girl two days later... she was like.. 'yeah i don't think this is going to work... '
    Not sure how much of your story was just personal embellishment or if you actually said that shit to her face, but either way it sounds like she dodged a bullet as much as you did.

My Ride
    2018 Civic Si coupe

Ok story time...snip
    Story of the week right there

My Ride
    is faster than yours

...So after the date she drives me back to my car (its parked at hers). The problem is... in need to go to the loo. I need to go ...like bad. Like really bad. Im getting the cramps... you know the kind im talking about..

Haha...just like this!

Total wedding costs were about $20K for us. God that was just like chump change before we had kids. Took us 8 months to save that money.

My Ride
    A250

Chinese weddings are the best, they pay for themselves and you sometimes get a little extra on top.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtraSlow View Post
    My wedding sure as hell didn't cost fifty grand.
    IMO It’s all the silver spoon millennials that have mommy and daddy pitching in or paying in full the cost of their wedding. They drive up the price of things like venues. You can’t find too many cheap venues as a result, even community halls are asking stupid money now

My gf and I are paying every dime out of pocket and not having a gift registry as we’ve been through about 15 weddings and understand it gets costly even as just guests.

I literally don’t know a single couple that paid for their whole wedding themselves. It’s weird, I would feel like shit asking my parents to help fund my wedding. It’s their money, they put in the sweat to get it, I didn’t
    Last edited by J-hop; 11-22-2017 at 06:00 PM.

My Ride
    Blue Dabadee

See I always thought brides parents paying for a wedding was more of a traditional idea rather than a millennial phenomenon
    Originally posted by Thales of Miletus

If you think I have been trying to present myself as intellectually superior, then you truly are a dimwit.
    Originally posted by Toma
    fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yolobimmer View Post

guessing who I might be, psychologizing me with your non existent degree.

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    See I always thought brides parents paying for a wedding was more of a traditional idea rather than a millennial phenomenon
    No doubt but IMO it’s recently come back in “style” with social media weddings, everyone is pushing for the picture perfect wedding. Picture perfect weddings require big money.

I don’t actually think it’s millenials to be honest but millennial has become a general term for entitled, take handouts type people. So people who had their parents fund their wedding fall into that general category

I laugh my ass off when people say “it’s tradition that the bride’s family pay for the wedding”. Yea tradition if you’re in medieval times marrying your daughter off to a wealthy family hahahaha
    Last edited by J-hop; 11-22-2017 at 07:09 PM.

My Ride
    NC1

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe View Post

If you don't feel like watching here is the scale

GF seems at least an 9 so she better be over 9 hotness to put up with..

Edit: Sorry if posted in here already didn't read all the posts..
    basically lol

Quote Originally Posted by J-hop View Post
    IMO It’s all the silver spoon millennials that have mommy and daddy pitching in or paying in full the cost of their wedding. They drive up the price of things like venues. You can’t find too many cheap venues as a result, even community halls are asking stupid money now

My gf and I are paying every dime out of pocket and not having a gift registry as we’ve been through about 15 weddings and understand it gets costly even as just guests.

I literally don’t know a single couple that paid for their whole wedding themselves. It’s weird, I would feel like shit asking my parents to help fund my wedding. It’s their money, they put in the sweat to get it, I didn’t
    My wife and I paid for our whole wedding ourselves, we didn't want to be beholden to anyone.
    Will fuck off, again.

Quote Originally Posted by speedog View Post
    My wife and I paid for our whole wedding ourselves, we didn't want to be beholden to anyone.
    Lots of respect for that.

My Ride
    Lease

Quote Originally Posted by rx7boi View Post
    asking for pics is just a Beyond formality unless you are generous like TomcoPDR and post bewb pictures along with food anyway.
    You’re wrong about me my man. It’s always alllllll byyyy myselllffffff

Last edited by Sugarphreak; 08-18-2019 at 12:48 AM.

My Ride
    Fit Dugan Signature (2016)

I always pay for my own weddings, parties are fun. Now that I think about it, it's been awhile. Where's them pics?
    Originally posted by SJW
    Once again another useless post by JRSCOOLDUDE.
    Originally posted by snowcat
    Don't let the e-thugs and faggots get to you when they quote your posts and write stupid shit.
    Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
    I say stupid shit all the time.
    ^^ Fact Checked

My Ride
    YH2/FK8

Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This.

I grew up thinking the father of the bride pitched in majority or paid for the whole thing solely because if they were to divorce, the guy gets the shit end of the stick anyway lol.

To add to the "not having parents pitch in" mentality, I personally wouldn't want my parents to pitch in cash, because they would try and control the planning and also invite THEIR friends and coworkers along with everyone else. Not only drives up the cost, but I'd have to celebrate with a bunch strangers or people I BARELY talk to. Not sure if this is a Filipino thing, but they HAVE to invite everyone they know and FOBs get butt-hurt if they don't make the cut regardless of the circumstances (budget, venue capacity, destination etc.).

My sister had a debut. For non-Filipinos, this is a 'sweet sixteen' or quinceanera, but for 18 year olds. My dad paid for the whole thing and invited 300 people to the Telus Convention Center. It was literally a wedding for one person and in addition to everyone else, I ended up seeing people from both my parents offices, their friends and my family members I don't even see during Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSC00LUDE View Post
    I always pay for my own weddings, parties are fun. Now that I think about it, it's been awhile. Where's them pics?
    How many times have you been married?!
    Last edited by JordanEG6; 11-23-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    SneakerFiles.com | Blog | Team AM Fam

1993 Honda Civic CX (B16A2) - 2002-2005
    1992 Honda Civic Si (K20A2) - 2006-2008
    2008 BMW 335i - 2008-2013
    2008 Honda Element EX AWD - 2013-Current
    2021 Honda Civic Type R LE - 2021-Current

My Ride
    Chevy Colorado ZR2

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarphreak View Post
    The Asian girls I've dated in the past were not like this at all. They were total sweethearts. On the flip side, I find home grown Canadian girls are a fucking nightmare of entitlement and poor life choices.

I always wonder where you guys find these spoiled Asian girls, haha.
    I guess it will be the ones that have messed up upbringing or traditional upbringing.

You guys are doing it wrong! Saving money was a foreign term for me when I met the future wife. She paid off all my CC's, car payments, wedding jewelry, new bedroom furniture and the wedding itself!! Wedding was like $2k and almost broke even with the red pocket money. However I did have a house so that was my excuse for being a broke ass. Going on 19 years and still going strong.

I always thought it was the man's family who pay's more or all of the bill? This is for Chinese people anyways.

My Ride
    V8s

My wife's parents paid for most of our wedding. We pitched a bit and my parents pitched a bit. My MIL was the proponent for the picture perfect wedding more than my wife was, so we basically came to an agreement that if she wants to have her own guest list and have nicer stuff than we would otherwise choose, it's all good since they're paying for it. Neither my wife nor I were super particular about stuff, so it worked out well.

We certainly aren't above taking handouts from our parents. They worked hard to get where they're at, and want to help us here and there because they can.. and we greatly appreciate it. We intend to do the same for our kids when the time comes. Maybe it's different for us than other people, but any help we get from our parents truly does come without strings attached. Different strokes I guess.
    Last edited by bjstare; 11-23-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 LastLast