Quantcast
Time for a new kodi box - Page 3 - Beyond.ca - Car Forums
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Time for a new kodi box

You can play video games with a shield?
    How does that work? do you purchase games like normal and they are downloaded? (Streaming noob...)

Quote Originally Posted by vengie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can play video games with a shield?
    How does that work? do you purchase games like normal and they are downloaded? (Streaming noob...)
    Yes, tons of games, many different ways.

1) There is a Shield Games store (some are free) and Google Play Games (some are free). They install and play like any app on a phone/tablet, etc but are on the Shield instead. Mostly they are smartphone/tablet games like Leo's Fortune or similar. Most are free or very cheap. The Shield just runs Android TV OS, so most mobile games are compatible and work with the controller.

2) You can cast games from your PC to the Shield through Nvidia GameStream if you have an Nvidia video card (GTX 650 or newer). Steam games are compatible with GameStream as well.

3) You can pay $10/mo to play brand new tier-1 PC/Console titles off of Nvidia's servers and have them streamed to the Shield through Geforce NOW.
    Last edited by Mitsu3000gt; 12-19-2017 at 03:57 PM.

My Ride
    cbr600, z71 sierra, 4x4 kodiak

I got the switch, and it's awesome so far. What are some must get downloads for it??
    Hittin' every hole

1999 gmc sierra z71, 5.3L 4x4
    2004 cbr600f4i
    2008 kodiak 450

My Ride
    cbr600, z71 sierra, 4x4 kodiak

I had the shield since Christmas haha. It is great.
    Hittin' every hole

1999 gmc sierra z71, 5.3L 4x4
    2004 cbr600f4i
    2008 kodiak 450

My Ride
    A car, a truck, and a bike

I've never spent the $$ on a shield, because I'd need multiples (cable cutter, multiple TV's). I have had the chance to use numerous different boxes now (thanks to returns to Amazon), from Mygica, Matricom, and the most recent boxes like the Tx9, RBP's with numerous builds. They are all clunky and really don't work all that well, aside from just loading Kodi, so I returned them all.

I recently picked up on Firestick TV basic from Amazon for $50, figured they can't be that great, no hardwired connection, and average specs (1GB/8GB, no 4k out). That purchase turned into buying another 3 on top of that, they just work flawlessly everywhere I use them, with Netflix, Prime Video, Eternal TV and Kodi. No stuttering, easy navigation, great wifi performance. The remote is bluetooth, sideloading APK's is easy, and for using on the other TV's in the house and when travelling to watch my IPTV stuff its unbeatable for the price. My 4k TV already has Netflix and all built in so I don't need to worry about a 4k box. Hopefully soon the Firestick 4k will end up in Canada, I hate that they don't sell it here.
    sig deleted by moderator, click here for info

My Ride
    93 240sx SE, 17 Infiniti Q50S, 2008 Highlander

Bumping this thread as I wanna get one of those "kodi/Android boxes" to watch all these new movies and UFC fights free streaming

Which box is the one to get for this year? School meee
    I currently have Roku 3 but can't add Kodi to it. Any other app I need to stream these movies?
    Last edited by dj_rice; 11-13-2018 at 10:33 PM.
    Originally posted by GTS Jeff
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    S212 E63s / MK7.5 .:R

Quote Originally Posted by dj_rice View Post
    Bumping this thread as I wanna get one of those "kodi/Android boxes" to watch all these new movies and UFC fights free streaming

Which box is the one to get for this year? School meee
    I currently have Roku 3 but can't add Kodi to it. Any other app I need to stream these movies?
    Nvidia Shield, which happens to be on sale right now. Don't bother with anything else.

https://www.amazon.ca/NVIDIA-SHIELD-...=nvidia+shield

My Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Kg810 View Post
    Nvidia Shield, which happens to be on sale right now. Don't bother with anything else.

https://www.amazon.ca/NVIDIA-SHIELD-...=nvidia+shield
    I'll be grabbing a PS4 this Boxing Day. I just want to be able to watch those pirated movie/movie screeners online, would this Nvidia Shield be over-kill for my application?
    You know those bored stay at home moms who's entire lives revolve around driving their kids to soccer, various cleaning accessories, and worrying about neighbourhood rapists? The kind of people that watch the View and go "uh huh..." Those unfulfilled people who try to fill the void in their empty lives by writing whiny letters to the editor complaining about shit that no one really cares about?

Well imagine if instead of writing that letter to the editor, she just posts on a car forum for car enthusiasts. That's Kritafo.

My Ride
    2011 lexus is250 awd

No, itll be the best investment you'll make.
    I have 2 of the pro models for mainly streaming, I've tried the beelink gt1/minix/firetv and the shield beats them all hands down. The remote kinda sucks so I've opted for the Q5 2.4 model and it's awesome. Dont get the bluetooth model of that remote as it doesnt support the bluetooth mac change that the shield does

My Ride

Guess I don't need a Kodi box. I have a spare laptop connected to the TV. Didn't know you can add Kodi to Windows. But it works!

Now, do yall use a VPN when your streaming? Or will I be fine? I will just be watching content, not sharing it.

My Ride
    2022 X2M

Guess I don't need a Kodi box. I have a spare laptop connected to the TV. Didn't know you can add Kodi to Windows. But it works!

Now, do yall use a VPN when your streaming? Or will I be fine? I will just be watching content, not sharing it.
    According to current Canadian copywrite laws it is not illegal to stream content as long as you make no profit and it is not for a group of people it is only illegal to do the opposite or to download and maintain the content.

Take that with a grain of salt it’s from the internet.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

My Ride
    Perpetual Test Drive

Quote Originally Posted by Euro838 View Post
    Right now, memory express has the Nvidia Shield with controller for $229. Probably the lowest price I've seen on this.
    Depending what Visions has their Shield priced at, if it's more than MemEx, bring the ad to a Visions and see if they will price match it. Otherwise just go to Visions and negotiate the shit out of them on one of their android boxes. They always have a price called "the very effective low ball". So just keep low balling them until they get to that price.
    War is Peace. Freedom is Slavery. Ignorance is Strength.

My Ride

What are the best apps to get for Kodi? Just for movie watching.

Only app I have so far is Exodus.

My Ride
    2002 e46

I used to maintain some of my friends and family members kodi add-ons for a while, but when the lot of them started getting shut down it became cumbersome. If someone won't do the research to stay up to date with current addon builds, people should just pay for cable.

That being said, I will no longer use any addons that do not support Real Debrid. Game changer, and definitely worth the money

My Ride
    2022 X2M

What are the best apps to get for Kodi? Just for movie watching.

Only app I have so far is Exodus.
    The post above hit it on the head. Real Debrid is a must have.

Exodus is fine for now, its being updated and the 6 series works just fine. Other good ones are supremacy, magic dragon and if you are somewhat techie Gaia. Gaia is the best buy far but takes some setup to get it working properly.
    E .· ` ' / ·. F
    Your tears fuel me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3