Quantcast
calgary travel agents...who do you use? - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: calgary travel agents...who do you use?

Default calgary travel agents...who do you use?

Someone with reasonable service fee.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

We use corporate traveler. Our rep is a beyonder. He’s helped me with the most difficult logistics I can throw at him.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    Natural Gas.

You may know this, but I'll say it for the rest. If what you are doing requires a real travel agent, and most trips don't, then you want a real top notch one. One that carries thier own insurance against things like airline bankruptcy or force majeure cancellation.

I wouldn't use one for any single destination trips. But multiple destinations with more than one airline or with ground/sea connections it could make sense. It's nice when one company fucks up to make it someone else's problem to fix.
    Last edited by ExtraSlow; 11-26-2017 at 09:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by killramos View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You realize you are talking to the guy who made his own furniture out of salad bowls right?

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Pardon my ignorance, by why in the fuck do you need a travel agent in 2017?

anybody with half a brain can figure this shit out through Expedia/etc for a fraction of the price than some pathetic travel agent. Give it 5ish more years, travel agent won’t even be an occupation.

Guess people just can’t figure shit on their own anymore.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianBeast View Post

anybody with half a brain can figure this shit out through Expedia/etc for a fraction of the price than some pathetic travel agent. Give it 5ish more years, travel agent won’t even be an occupation.

Try booking a flights through multiple cities with extended layovers. Those complex ones are next to impossible to do online at a reasonable price.
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    M3P

You seem angry. Try a Snickers

My Ride
    is Invisible

Quote Originally Posted by hurrdurr View Post
    You seem angry. Try a Snickers

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Far from angry, just a realist. I’m sitting on a beautiful beach right now drinking a cerveza. Nothing but positive vibes here.

I’ve booked 10+ country trips through several cities with often 5+Day layovers in each city, while travelling around the world simply by booking through Expedia, SPG, Accor or other means. It certainly isn’t a difficult task by any means. Sorry to offend
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 11-27-2017 at 05:37 PM.

My Ride
    Corvette

Custom Travel Solutions

My Ride
    NC1

Far from angry, just a realist. I’m sitting on a beautiful beach right now drinking a cerveza. Nothing but positive vibes here.

I’ve booked 10+ country trips through several cities with often 5+Day layovers in each city, while travelling around the world simply by booking through Expedia, SPG, Accor or other means. It certainly isn’t a difficult task by any means. Sorry to offend
    Not everyone is like you, stock master lol

If other people need help, help them, don't shit on them.

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by max_boost View Post
    Not everyone is like you, stock master lol

If other people need help, help them, don't shit on them.
    Thanks for putting that in perspective and I apologize for coming off that way. I know I can be a bit blunt at times.

I’ve just seen it first hand where my mom hired a travel agent for her multi-Country trip/cruise through Europe who she booked through a very well respected travel agent and they just took her for a ride. I priced the same trip on Expedia and by calling the cruise lines after the fact and was able to get better vacancies in the major cities, along with better flights for significantly less. I could of had my mom staying in a Sofitel for less than the greasy 3 star the travel agent booked

To contribute - take it or call me a cock sucker. But my best experience/prices have been from booking multi flight trips through Expedia and then booking the hotels after the fact as they typically offer a 50% reduction on hotel booking after the flights and excursions are settlled.

Guess I’m a cunt.
    Last edited by BavarianBeast; 11-27-2017 at 10:14 PM.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Feel free to teach haha.

My usual multi stop booking is YYC to YVR to HKG to BLR at the same cost as a standard YYC to BLR trip with 1 stop through an agent. Booking online is always $1k+ more due to multiple airlines. By booking at the same price I’m essentially getting a free YVR and HKG vacation as part of my work expensed trip trough multi day layovers.

try booking a trip for 10 people, including children, requiring accommodation with bunk beds or cribs, and you want to make sure all 10 people have rooms near each other, etc. sometimes just trying to book any resort/all-inclusive type thing online with a infant/small child you get a pop up that just says 'please call us to book your travel'.

My Ride
    10' 4Runner SR5

One way to save money is to find a tour group/travel agent in the countries/continent you intend to go to. A friend had incredible success finding a local agent in Peru, which setup a whole itinerary at a fraction of the cost here.

Personally, if paying someone to organize everything for you is all around easier/worth the cost, find one where you intend to go. Less middlemen this way.
    Ultracrepidarian

My Ride
    M3P

Thanks for putting that in perspective and I apologize for coming off that way. I know I can be a bit blunt at times.

I’ve just seen it first hand where my mom hired a travel agent for her multi-Country trip/cruise through Europe who she booked through a very well respected travel agent and they just took her for a ride. I priced the same trip on Expedia and by calling the cruise lines after the fact and was able to get better vacancies in the major cities, along with better flights for significantly less. I could of had my mom staying in a Sofitel for less than the greasy 3 star the travel agent booked

To contribute - take it or call me a cock sucker. But my best experience/prices have been from booking multi flight trips through Expedia and then booking the hotels after the fact as they typically offer a 50% reduction on hotel booking after the flights and excursions are settlled.

Guess I’m a cunt.
    That sucks! It doesn't hurt to be a little more knowledgeable when making a big purchase though. I imagine it's also a good idea to read the terms and conditions and doing enough research that you're comfortable with what you're buyingl. Buyers remorse can be a bitch.

Travel seems no different than any other industry. YMMV. Ask @dj_rice about his car buying experience

For the record I have no hat in this ring - I've never used a travel agent to book my travel. Chris Myden FTW!

My Ride
    Pt Cruiser

My apologies for being ignorant and posting with too much to drink. I wasn’t taking several factors into account and was simply basing it off the experience of flying by the seat of our pants travelling with my fiancée.