Quantcast
Want To Buy / Looking For Laserdisc Player - Beyond.ca - Car Forums

Thread: Laserdisc Player

My Ride
    German

Default Laserdisc Player

Long shot but looking to see if any Beyonders have an old Pioneer laserdisc player they're willing to part with. Preferably in working condition with remote and manual. Will entertain other makes as well but Pioneer would be ideal.

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Do you need it permanently? I can lend you mine if you’re planning on using it to transfer LD to another media.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    German

Thanks boss, looking for a permanent solution though. Would be happy to take what you've got off your hands though after you're finished transferring your LD's to another media!

My Ride
    95B

My Ride
    1 x E Class Benz

Quote Originally Posted by infected View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks boss, looking for a permanent solution though. Would be happy to take what you've got off your hands though after you're finished transferring your LD's to another media!
    Ahh, mine's used for occasional playback. I have a bunch of rare LD's that I kept in my collection over the years. Maybe at some point they'll be worth something haha.

Quote Originally Posted by ganesh View Post
    I had one of these too, the awesome auto flip player. Only problem with them is that it keeps fucking breaking. Too many moving parts I guess?

The one I kept you have to flip the disc on your own, small price to pay for much better reliability.
    Originally posted by SEANBANERJEE
    I have gone above and beyond what I should rightfully have to do to protect my good name

My Ride
    2018 Tesla P3D

I know my family still have several LD players kicking around that have probably not been used since the early 2000s - all of which are Pioneers and were in perfect working condition the last time they were in use. How soon are you needing it? I can try to swing by home this weekend and get some info from the fam. I recall one had a built-in Karaoke machine, another was part of a multi-media entertainment system (eg. had CD/cassette tape players, acted as a receiver, etc.). There might be others I've forgotten.
    Last edited by mo_money2supe; 12-07-2017 at 12:55 PM.

Get 6 months of free supercharging & FSD trial when you buy a new Tesla: https://ts.la/simon82305
    Free test drives for actual interested parties! We own both a Model 3 Performance and a Model X 90D.

My Ride
    German

It's not urgent at all. Anytime you have available is fine and would be much appreciated!

My Ride
    2.4L DC5 Turbo/W208

Quote Originally Posted by mo_money2supe View Post
    I know my family still have several LD players kicking around that have probably not been used since the early 2000s - all of which are Pioneers and were in perfect working condition the last time they were in use. How soon are you needing it? I can try to swing by home this weekend and get some info from the fam. I recall one had a built-in Karaoke machine, another was part of a multi-media entertainment system (eg. had CD/cassette tape players, acted as a receiver, etc.). There might be others I've forgotten.
    I don't think your family would be very happy with that. Mine would kill me if I took one of those machines.

My mom's broke; no one in town could fix it properly. I ended up buy a Japanese model one from a friend and used an inverter for it.

they are hard to come by now a days.

My Ride
    '11 Acura RDX Tech/'15 Ram 1500 Sport

My Dad is selling his along with some laser disc as well. Panasonic Model LX H670CA COMES WITH 18 LASER DISCS MOVIES. PM me if you are interested.